California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
Baggo s

Covina, CA

#5183 Jan 20, 2014
So tell us all how those big bad Baggos are chasing you?
ewww

Delano, CA

#5184 Jan 20, 2014
Huh?
StamyBl

La Mirada, CA

#5185 Jan 20, 2014
jim wrote:
Make my dog doodoo bags illegal and I will treat my 2 trash cans as exactly the same, only different colors.
I'll just put the crap in old cereal boxes and such and toss it in the green trash can... Or the black one ..... who cares.
Yep, we do pretty much the same thing.
Whora

La Mirada, CA

#5186 Jan 21, 2014
Biodegrable bags wrote:
<quoted text>
They Do it's called paper
Wouldja liketa learnta use commers korrectly? This one weird trik can teachya! Flaaagot arsehooole lycker dlickwhad!
Baggo s

Covina, CA

#5188 Jan 21, 2014
Where did you last see the baggos?
what can brown do for you

Los Angeles, CA

#5190 Jan 22, 2014
It is only the fruity whites that live in this state that make such fruity laws.
what can brown do for you

Los Angeles, CA

#5191 Jan 22, 2014
My people will have to defag this state.
Nobody

Van Nuys, CA

#5193 Jan 22, 2014
Im kinda curios about a few things, first what or who do New York and California have in common politically to the point where something like this would be allowed to happen because the story they give you as to why seems to be nothing more then a convenient excuse, also who or what is benefiting from this that would have so much pull in government that they would be able to pull something like this off.

If you dig deep enough you'll find their is nothing more behind this then someone padding their wallet.
sgr

Pittsburg, CA

#5194 Jan 22, 2014
Trust me, we'll be taking a lot fewer trips to the grocery store. Yes, we'll bring our own bags (because I'm sure not paying 25 cents for a brown bag) and recycled cardboard boxes. We'll stock up and maybe return next month instead of next week. The only people making out on this nonsense are the grocery stores @ 25 cents a pop! Personally, if they make us pay for the bags, all the money they collect on them ought to be donated to Save the Whales or some such "environmentally friendly" charity!
Baggos

Covina, CA

#5195 Jan 22, 2014
And Baggo the drum harder next time.
anon

Long Beach, CA

#5196 Jan 22, 2014
sgr wrote:
Trust me, we'll be taking a lot fewer trips to the grocery store. Yes, we'll bring our own bags (because I'm sure not paying 25 cents for a brown bag) and recycled cardboard boxes. We'll stock up and maybe return next month instead of next week. The only people making out on this nonsense are the grocery stores @ 25 cents a pop! Personally, if they make us pay for the bags, all the money they collect on them ought to be donated to Save the Whales or some such "environmentally friendly" charity!
The bags are 10 cents, not 25 cents. Just bring your own washable canvas tote bag when you shop. It's not that hard. Get over your drama....
Baggos

Covina, CA

#5197 Jan 22, 2014
Those Baggos keep marching along.
Baggos

Covina, CA

#5200 Jan 23, 2014
Baggo players are hard to spot but they are out there.
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#5201 Jan 23, 2014
anon wrote:
<quoted text>The bags are 10 cents, not 25 cents. Just bring your own washable canvas tote bag when you shop. It's not that hard. Get over your drama....
Correct! Right on!
Wash an Dry

Covina, CA

#5202 Jan 23, 2014
Change the bags to wash and dry.
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

#5203 Jan 23, 2014
Umno...
Wash an Dry

Covina, CA

#5204 Jan 24, 2014
Keep those bags listed as wash an dry.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5205 Jan 24, 2014
I don't mind that my government rules how I carry my groceries home from the store; they are only interested in my welfare. I'm willing to follow all their regulations because thinking for myself is just too much work.
Wash an Dry

Covina, CA

#5206 Jan 24, 2014
Use gentle soap when washing these reusable bags.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5207 Jan 24, 2014
And dry them on a line, not in a machine.

Sucker!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 9 hr Octopus 25
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 23 hr nick 705
child molester at large in dhs Wed tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs