California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,084

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4981 Aug 2, 2013
Are you kidding me wrote:
Like the very few gay bars dumping out their Russian vodka (that they already paid for LMAO) is going to put Stoli's out of business!!! LMAO... Liberals??????????
Boycott Russian vodka because they imprison gays, bloggers and murder journalists.
Paste Over

Monrovia, CA

#4982 Aug 2, 2013
Just more bull ignore it or paste over it again and again.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4983 Aug 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Boycott Russian vodka because they imprison gays, bloggers and murder journalists.
Brian_G..

Yes. You are right. Non-Homosexual men drink Stolichnaya and other quality Russian vodka products while their Homosexual friends and the lesbians must be satisfied with cheap mass produced domestic brands. To each his own.

Ronald
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#4984 Aug 2, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian_G..
Yes. You are right. Non-Homosexual men drink Stolichnaya and other quality Russian vodka products while their Homosexual friends and the lesbians must be satisfied with cheap mass produced domestic brands. To each his own.
Ronald
Ronald.

Excellent point.

Frankie Rizzo.
Dee bang

Monrovia, CA

#4985 Aug 2, 2013
Nothing as dumb as the big-bang.
Freds place

Monrovia, CA

#4986 Aug 2, 2013
If the near death experience in Glendora, California Classic Coffee could have gone the other way if; must have been white kids, if they had been black in a hoodie they would have been dead.

Fred Sparling and Lois Sparling - goofs.
jeet singh

Delhi, India

#4989 Aug 5, 2013
Hi
AD doos

Monrovia, CA

#4990 Aug 5, 2013
Sewers backing up again, time to call a plumber.

Since: Aug 13

Anaheim, CA

#4992 Aug 5, 2013
ARIZONA WE LOVE YOU wrote:
Just another way of reaching into my overly stretched butt hole in hopes taking a few more tax DOLLARS !!
They wont ban these bags but they are sure to attached a "Fee" aka TAX
Its a lot like the $8.00 additional "Fee" you play when purchasing a LCD Screen. They say its a recycling charge but the last I knew there was no redemption centers to get your money back when the stupid thing dies.
I say start dumpling your plastic bags into the ocean. Lets the sea life consume it. Fish love getting stuck in it like a mini-vacation
PROBLEM SOLVED CALIFORNIA.
Wow, that's the dumbest comment I've read on here to date.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4993 Aug 5, 2013
TravelQueen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's the dumbest comment I've read on here to date.
TravelQueen

Oh? You think that is dumb? How about the upfront mattress disposal fee that the California political ruling class is thinking of imposing on increasingly impoverished overtaxed Californians?

Environmentally friendly easily disposable grocery bag technology has been known in more inventive nations for many years. The fish love them, growing fat and sassy from eating corn based grocery bags. Such grocery bags also provide excellent mulch that can be used by backyard gardeners. The problem with requiring fat-cat Big Grocers to use them is that doing so would cut into the scam their pals - the political ruling class *("Liberals")*- is running.

As you may be aware, environmentally harmful disease spreading reusable grocery bags are heavily taxed in California. In addition, Lowenthal harassment taxes are imposed on the minority of overtaxed Long Beachers who not use expensive taxpayer provided food stamps.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/l6l6b2d

Source: http://tinyurl.com/ck5qywu

Source: http://tinyurl.com/cjwppqr

Ronald

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#4994 Aug 5, 2013
Ronald wrote:
Brian_G..
Ronald
Many non-gays won't drink Russian vodka; the issue is free speech and stopping demagogy, not homosexuality. Besides, Stoly isn't that good.
Cleaned out

Monrovia, CA

#4995 Aug 6, 2013
Here's another golden STUIPD nugget from the Republican, GOP, RNC and Tea Party brain cells.

"Republican" calls Obamacare tax on tanning salons 'racist' now if this don't beat all?

High level meeting took place over this statement and have resulted in the American public being reassured this is the reason they are not in charge anymore.

Looks like it may not happen for several decades either.
Sticky Dicky

Berkeley, CA

#4999 Aug 11, 2013
Obama Boo Boo said "Da shits hitten da fan, I is having to lie more bitter".
Sink

Monrovia, CA

#5000 Aug 12, 2013
A building has collapsed and a large 40-foot sinkhole opens up in Florida resort near Disney World.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#5001 Aug 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Many non-gays won't drink Russian vodka; the issue is free speech and stopping demagogy, not homosexuality. Besides, Stoly isn't that good.
Then again, I oppose boycotts, except under direst case such as war. I'm not at war with my political opponents; we just disagree.
Yeah you

Monrovia, CA

#5002 Aug 13, 2013
Yeah you tell em?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#5003 Aug 13, 2013
I like free carryout bags, that's half the fun of carryout.
Collared

Monrovia, CA

#5004 Aug 13, 2013
Mutts are always running lose.
John Hess

Rochester, NY

#5005 Aug 14, 2013
I got an Idea! how about we all buy red kids wagons like radio flyers, and go into stores and fill your grocery list. first you wouldn`t need grocery carts, that's an environmental savings, and then you wouldn`t need grocery bags, and you can walk home, get fresh air and save gas, save the environment.
Rebels

Monrovia, CA

#5006 Aug 14, 2013
The new Republican, Tea Party restrictive voting requirements bill, signed by "Republican" Gov. Pat McCrory, makes it harder for the elderly, minorities and low-income citizens to vote in the state.

This of course is another overt act by them confederate American hating rebels of the South.

Trashy people them Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26

Palm Springs Jobs

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]