Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Coal is King

Paducah, KY

#7966 Apr 21, 2014
Fired up wrote:
When coal powered plants clean up their emission from the stacks them MAYBE you can talk here, until then go back to the corner and sit down.
People like you would still be adding lead to gasoline and saying there is no problem, what now GunmBie
Told one Calikakafornia enviroqueerfreak, but I'll tell another one:

People like you would still have humans living in caves without fire.

All you damned environmentalists should be exiled to an island in the Aleutians and left to either freeze or starve.
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

#7967 Apr 21, 2014
The state of human progress and civilization today if California environmentalists had ruled the world for the last 3 million years:

http://gadzetomania.pl/images/2011/09/800px-S...
Coal is King

Paducah, KY

#7968 Apr 21, 2014
Hollywood, your time is coming. A preview:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/21/us/50-years...
Fired up

Sierra Madre, CA

#7969 Apr 21, 2014
When coal powered plants clean up their emission from the stacks them MAYBE you can talk here, until then go back to the corner and sit down.

People like you would still be adding lead to gasoline and saying there is no problem, what now Gumby

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#7971 Apr 22, 2014
Coal's carbon was in the air before; we're freeing it back into the atmosphere where it belongs. First things first; what's not to love about global warming?
green sand

Sierra Madre, CA

#7973 Apr 22, 2014
A message to all doubters, please bend over and place our head back into the bucket of sand.
Tank

Laguna Beach, CA

#7974 Apr 22, 2014
Wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
The diesel retrofit regulations adopted as part of ARBís Diesel Risk Reduction Plan are not effected by Proposition 23.
The older trucks can be retrofitted. The Diesel Risk Reduction Plan has NOTHING to do with safety, just like our SMOG inspections have nothing to do with safety, which blows my mind, coming from states that had annual safety inspections.
Your post is yet another example of the misunderstandings that the No on Prop 23 groups are purposely sowing.
Prop 23 doesn't do a thing to increase pollution, it suspends the Global Warming mitigation regulations that are extremely expensive and don't help one bit to stop global warming.

Fat Ass welfare low life should be required to be sent to Afghanistan and wear a burka so no one has see her ugly fat ass!! and let the men out there take care of her.

How dare that Cop Killer plead not guilty!! She lives off the taxpayer's dime, breaks the law and LIES!

Everyone knows you killed Officer Cortijo, your fat ass had to be pulled out of your vehicle with a back hoe.
I LOVE GLOBAL WARMING

Los Angeles, CA

#7975 Apr 22, 2014
GLOBAL WARMING IS FUN!
global warming is fun

Los Angeles, CA

#7976 Apr 22, 2014
al gore is a hore.
zerocoolisHe

Crescent City, CA

#7977 Apr 22, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>And during those 25 years, not one single experimental test of climate change mitigation published in a peer reviewed, nor has there been an experimental test showing any specific human activity changing climate either. We have no experiments showing us how to mitigate climate change or measure if that does any good or harm. But the PC faith in consensus science still persuades those who don't understand logic or the scientific method.
There are also no "experimental tests" proving the existence of gravity. There are, however, models based on physics and math that allow us to predict the movements of the planets and the recurrence of comets. And have proven time and time again to be accurate, by being accurate. Your understanding of how science works, that it is conducted by dweebs in lab coats who poke rats with syringes and pour colored liquids into beakers, is childish. Your understanding of what and how scientific experiments are conducted is simpleminded. That is the only explanation a have for why you think there have been no "experimental tests" done on climate change. Because there have been thousands. Over 16,000. What do you think a peer reviewed paper is? Also there is this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/climateexperiment/ .
Zots

Sierra Madre, CA

#7978 Apr 22, 2014
Zots are every where today.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7979 Apr 23, 2014
zerocoolisHe wrote:
There are also no "experimental tests" proving the existence of gravity....
Newton used experimental evidence to "prove the existence of gravity". Once you leave the grounds of pure observation and propose "mitigation", you've either got to produce experimental results or face the hoax.

Nobody has proposed mitigating climate change, if they did it would require the same experimental tests the scientific method demands.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#7980 Apr 23, 2014
zerocoolisHe wrote:
...There are, however, models based on physics and math that allow us to predict the movements of the planets and the recurrence of comets. And have proven time and time again to be accurate, by being accurate. Your understanding of how science works, that it is conducted by dweebs in lab coats who poke rats with syringes and pour colored liquids into beakers, is childish. Your understanding of what and how scientific experiments are conducted is simpleminded. That is the only explanation a have for why you think there have been no "experimental tests" done on climate change. Because there have been thousands. Over 16,000. What do you think a peer reviewed paper is? Also there is this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/climateexperiment/ .
A computer model isn't a real world experiment and models are only as good as their tests. 16,000 journal reports but not one single experiment showing how much climate change mitigation costs or whether it would do more harm than good; that's no evidence for reconstructing Earth's energy supply systems.

The scientific method calls for experimental tests of theories; why don't you?
Science is Fake

Princeton, KY

#7981 Apr 23, 2014
Get Right or Get Left

Yuba City, CA

#7982 Apr 23, 2014
Obama will burn more than 35,000 gallons of fuel on Earth Day, emitting 375 TONS of carbon dioxide
President took Marine One chopper to Andrews Air Force Base and will fly to Washington state and Tokyo, Japan on Tuesday
'Earth Day is about taking action,' the White House declared shortly after takeoff
Air Force One consumes 5 gallons of jet fuel for every mile it flies
The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates that burning the fuel emits 21.1 pounds of CO2 per gallon
Total presidential fuel consumption for Earth Day, not including automobile motorcades, is an estimated 35,609 gallons

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26104...
Coal Hauler

Paducah, KY

#7984 Apr 23, 2014
Me, I hope California passes more and stronger anti-Global Warming laws. Ones so strict all the jobs leave the state -- and move to coal friendly states like Kentucky and West Virginia.
Pack coal in deep

Sierra Madre, CA

#7986 Apr 23, 2014
And I hope they pack that coal in nice and deep.
Coal Miner

La Fayette, KY

#7987 Apr 24, 2014
Pack coal in deep wrote:
And I hope they pack that coal in nice and deep.
Oh, don't worry. The Chinese are. They're putting new coal fired power plants on line at the rate of one per week.
Pack coal in deeper

Sierra Madre, CA

#7988 Apr 24, 2014
What will they think of next.
Just Say No to Moonshine

Castro Valley, CA

#7990 Apr 25, 2014
Coal Hauler wrote:
Me, I hope California passes more and stronger anti-Global Warming laws. Ones so strict all the jobs leave the state -- and move to coal friendly states like Kentucky and West Virginia.
No one's leaving California for Kentucky or West Virginia. We prefer not to live in states where there are no dentists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Dec 23 Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web