Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201847 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Fo Cuss Must

Monrovia, CA

#231643 Jul 7, 2014
More laughs coming your way.

We don't need no stinking badges!

Gringo!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231644 Jul 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD SPREADS DUNG ON FACES: "Behold I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts...." (Mal. 2:3).
l agree some like yourself might benefit from it. Did you research that story? Spread dung upon your faces - Instead of receiving a sacrifice at your hands, I will throw your offerings back into your faces. Here God shows his contempt for them and their offerings. They had brought before the face of God maimed, unfitting sacrifices; they should have them cast back, with their refuse, upon them; "as a lord that rejecteth a gift, brought to him by his servant, casts it back in his time." "Of your sacrifices, not of Mine, for I am not worshiped in them: ye seek to please, not Me, but yourselves." So God said of Eli 1 Samuel 2:30, "them that honor Me I will honor, and they that despise Me shall be lightly esteemed."

Sacramento, CA

#231645 Jul 7, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD MADE FALSE AND UNFULFILLED PROPHECIES: In Jonah 3:4 God said, "yet 40 days and Nineveh shall be overthrown." But the 10th verse says, "God saw their works, that they turned from their evil ways; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." In other words, He who knows the future changed his mind, repented, and Nineveh was not overthrown. His prophecy failed.
In Gen. 15:13 God said to Abraham, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they shall be enslaved and mistreated 400 years." Acts 7:6 says the same. But Ex. 12:40 says, "Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was 430 years." God's prophecy failed by 30 years.
Another deific prophecy is found in Gen. 15:16 which says, "...in the 4th generation they (Abraham's descendants) shall come here again...." God told Abraham that his descendants would return in the 4th generation. Yet, if Abraham is included, it actually occurred during the 6th generation. The generations were: Abraham, Issac, Levi (Ex. 1:2), Kohath (Ex. 6:16), Amram (Ex. 6:18), and Moses (Ex. 6:20).
In Gen. 17:3, 8 and Ex. 32:13 God told Abraham that he would give to him and his descendants all of Canaan for an eternal possession. But Acts 7:5 says, "He gave him (Abraham) no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground. But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child" and Heb. 11:13 says, "All these people...did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance." The Bible itself admits that God's promise to Abraham failed.
In Gen. 35:10 God said to Jacob, "thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel." Yet, 11 chapters later Gen. 46:2 says, "God spoke to Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I."
Lastly, 1 Sam. 23:12 says, "David asked,'Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul?' And the Lord said,'They will'." This prophecy never occurred, because the opposite happened. Saul was delivered into David's hands, not once but twice.
John 11:25-26 “Jesus said to hear,‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?’”
Pills Berry

Monrovia, CA

#231646 Jul 7, 2014
2014, Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision. It's just so wrong, and so disrespectful to women.

Because the one good thing about this decision is that it shows for all the world that the Republican Party is flat-out, 100% against access to birth control. And that's political suicide.

Consider this: 99% of women use contraception at some point in their lives.1 Ninety-nine percent. Opposing birth control isn't a fringe view. It's the farthest fraying edge of the fringe.

So between now and November, we need to hold Republicans accountable by making sure that every female voter in every key state knows the Republican Party position on birth control. If they want to support legislation to overturn Hobby Lobby, great. But if not, we'll make sure it costs them their seats in Congress.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#231647 Jul 7, 2014
Pills Berry wrote:
2014, Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision. It's just so wrong, and so disrespectful to women.
Because the one good thing about this decision is that it shows for all the world that the Republican Party is flat-out, 100% against access to birth control. And that's political suicide.
Consider this: 99% of women use contraception at some point in their lives.1 Ninety-nine percent. Opposing birth control isn't a fringe view. It's the farthest fraying edge of the fringe.
So between now and November, we need to hold Republicans accountable by making sure that every female voter in every key state knows the Republican Party position on birth control. If they want to support legislation to overturn Hobby Lobby, great. But if not, we'll make sure it costs them their seats in Congress.
You is all wrong. First this was the Supreme court what don it. Hobby Lobby does not want to not give birth control to them what works fer them. What they don't want to do is give them what works fer them a medicine which will kill a union of an egg and sperm what is already growing. Them Hobby lobbies thanks that is murder and that is again their religion. That is only 4 or 5 thangs that the supreme court says they don't have to give. Look here madam: your rite to kill is not any more important that a person's religious rites. If you wants to have sex and kill the developing baby go out and buy the stuff your self. It is bought time for Americans to rely on theirselves fer a change. Grow up and wise up.
'
Pills Berry

Monrovia, CA

#231648 Jul 7, 2014

Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision. It's just so wrong, and so disrespectful to women.

So between now and November, we need to hold Republicans accountable by making sure that every female voter in every key state knows the Republican Party position on birth control.

If they want to support legislation to overturn Hobby Lobby, great. But if not, we'll make sure it costs them their seats in Congress.

Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#231649 Jul 7, 2014
If only the Covina Corksoaker's Ma had exercised a little restraint and not mated with a goat producing Gile's Goat Boy. He/she/it smells bad too.
Mr Peeperss

Monrovia, CA

#231650 Jul 7, 2014
Mr. Peeperss is at it again.
wnkinc

San Francisco, CA

#231655 Jul 7, 2014
im so happy I wasn't born gay,
I wont have to worry about catching Aids.

Im Happy and healthy to be born Normal!

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#231656 Jul 8, 2014
wnkinc wrote:
im so happy I wasn't born gay,
I wont have to worry about catching Aids.

Im Happy and healthy to be born Normal!
Anyone can contract the HIV
Virus,that turns into Aids. Do
your research next time...

“"He One Bad Mutha"”

Since: Jul 14

Chicago Illinois

#231657 Jul 8, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I don't speak psychotic...
LoL,He certainly does and quite fluently I might add ! Poor,poor little booger should seek some professional help with that oh so obvious problem . I wonder if his bible teaches him to hate the way he does ? ; )
Donny Brisko

Monrovia, CA

#231658 Jul 8, 2014
Donny Brisko didn't care so why should I.
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#231660 Jul 8, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Nineball don't cayer for fellers like yall, so you butter shudddup !
Dad Burn rite. I rolls my britches legs up to my nees and smokes my bull durham when ever I please.
Oh pool now

Monrovia, CA

#231661 Jul 8, 2014
Bull Durum is like a hockey puck.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#231663 Jul 8, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I play too, I love to play leapfrog !!!
Sure fella. We also play find the hidden soap bar on Fridays on the Westside of town if you are interested ;)

Ohhhhh Goooooo Bruins!
Punt

Monrovia, CA

#231665 Jul 8, 2014
Time to Punt this dead topic down the sewer pipe.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#231666 Jul 8, 2014
Focus, if heaven is stocked with boring lunatics like you and the Covina Corksoaker, then I'm not sure it's my cup of tea. Thanks anyway.
Nathan

San Jose, CA

#231667 Jul 8, 2014
This topic keeps growing more heads
Spanish pork

Monrovia, CA

#231668 Jul 8, 2014
Time to Punt this dead topic down the sewer pipe, again.

Sacramento, CA

#231669 Jul 9, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Sure fella. We also play find the hidden soap bar on Fridays on the Westside of town if you are interested ;)
Ohhhhh Goooooo Bruins!
just don't play that game around USC wearing your powder blue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Jan 22 William sant 2
News Man petitions road name change to mend racial t... (Jul '15) Jan '16 Trevor 2
Review: Mikes Motorsports Jan '16 dean hanks 1
Review: Steve Leskera Painting (Jul '14) Dec '15 UnstableStevesDau... 2
News 5 men arrested on suspicion of burglarizing Ran... Dec '15 Skid Row 1
News a Man accused of hate crime, arson in Californi... Dec '15 serfs up 2
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Dec '15 Sean p 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages