Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

AnotherStupidPos tingWatch

Covina, CA

#231240 Jun 21, 2014
AnotherStupidPostingWatcher.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#231241 Jun 21, 2014
FREE TUITION wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php...
Get yourself a REAL education at the University of Life, child. Playtime is over for the Bruins if THIS is the best they can do.
I don't have time for a moron up to his BUTT-F*CK in debt for that impressive education.
Well I hear you on the tuition thing girlfriend. My partner Jonathan and I are still paying off my debt for Esthetician studies at UCLA and my Cosmetology school, but that was what was required of me by the very sought-after by beauty salons :)

Go Bruins! Progressive studies and my line of work made it all worth it!
USC

Honolulu, HI

#231242 Jun 21, 2014
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Someone say UCLA Bruins and sex bear together? while that is our code words on campus for the men's restroom by the library! You ever been there fella ;)
Go Bruins, Go code words and fun hook ups!
PICKaFINGER

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231243 Jun 22, 2014
Diverse genders and procreation have a basic relevance to marriage.

Greg and Sandy
Sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love
Then comes marriage
Then comes Sandy with a baby carriage.

A duplicate gender relationship can never be equated to a diverse gender relationship.

As I noted a long time ago. Get your own relational identity.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#231244 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Diverse genders and procreation have a basic relevance to marriage.
Tell me, KiMare, what is it like to be as dumb as you are?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#231245 Jun 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, KiMare, what is it like to be as dumb as you are?
Dumb is relative. If you imagine a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being the dumbest.
Everyone under 100 is dumber than people at 100 so they can be called dumb by someone.
Take the average educated American and put him at 75.
I would put KiMare and myself at 75 and you at 25, I'm being generous.

So, to answer your question, you'll never know what it's like.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#231246 Jun 22, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Dumb is relative.
And you are dumber than a rock.
Wondering wrote:
If you imagine a scale of 1 to 100 with 1 being the dumbest.
On such a scale, you register at -6000.
Wondering wrote:
Everyone under 100 is dumber than people at 100 so they can be called dumb by someone.
You still register at -6000.
Wondering wrote:
Take the average educated American and put him at 75.
Wondering wrote:
I would put KiMare and myself at 75 and you at 25, I'm being generous.
Oh dear, now you register -10,000,000, and your skills at judgment are called into severe question.
Wondering wrote:
So, to answer your question, you'll never know what it's like.
Wondering, you are less than an idiot, so I don't really care what you think. You are, in point of fact, too dumb to see that you are on the losing side of the issue, and often are stupid enough to attempt to support your argument with court cases that have either been superseded by legislation, or that your side actually lost.

The funny part is that you make posts like the one to which I am responding, that fail to even touch upon the topic at hand, displaying that you are a mindless troll.

If you had half a brain, which would elevate you to the level of being a half-wit, you might be able to articulate a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to legally marry.

Instead you offer sophistry and ignorance.

Well played, moron.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#231247 Jun 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are dumber than a rock.
<quoted text>
On such a scale, you register at -6000.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh dear, now you register -10,000,000, and your skills at judgment are called into severe question.
<quoted text>
Wondering, you are less than an idiot, so I don't really care what you think. You are, in point of fact, too dumb to see that you are on the losing side of the issue, and often are stupid enough to attempt to support your argument with court cases that have either been superseded by legislation, or that your side actually lost.
The funny part is that you make posts like the one to which I am responding, that fail to even touch upon the topic at hand, displaying that you are a mindless troll.
If you had half a brain, which would elevate you to the level of being a half-wit, you might be able to articulate a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex couples the right to legally marry.
Instead you offer sophistry and ignorance.
Well played, moron.
This from a gay who equates a man to a mom...

Smirk.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#231248 Jun 22, 2014
KiMare wrote:
This from a gay who equates a man to a mom...
Smirk.
This from an idiot who can't make a valid argument. I've never made that argument, and anyone who infers as much is an idiot.

Tell me KiMare, have you found the elusive state interest served by denying same sex couples equality under the law to marry that would both render such a restriction constitutional, and begin to indicate that you are not an imbecile?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231249 Jun 22, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
This from an idiot who can't make a valid argument. I've never made that argument, and anyone who infers as much is an idiot.
Tell me KiMare, have you found the elusive state interest served by denying same sex couples equality under the law to marry that would both render such a restriction constitutional, and begin to indicate that you are not an imbecile?
This from an idiot who thrives on votes as if that means anything.
USC

Honolulu, HI

#231250 Jun 22, 2014
(My God)
THEY have
arrived.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#231251 Jun 22, 2014
USC wrote:
(My God)
THEY have
arrived.
tell then to sedate you slowly.
Stacking

Covina, CA

#231252 Jun 22, 2014
I heard ever since the "commish" got his backside handed to "it" there has been the standard STACKING retaliation going one re on this site.
aTIssue fOr YourIssue

Honolulu, HI

#231253 Jun 22, 2014
There is a wedding cake in Colorado that was never made, it has never existed.
There is a LAW in California that Was made, and DOES exist.
There are 2 Forum topics in Denver. One debates over a cake that never existed and the second illuminates a deeper larger issue
which finds its way into the non-existent cake AS IF IT'S REAL.

In California there is 1 single HUGE debate over a law that
IS REAL, as if it NEVER existed.
The "deeper larger" issue, revealed by the 2nd thread in Denver generates MOST if not all of the energy for the debates in Colorado AND California.
(there's that beautiful song again..)
i'm not here to debate or insult, so with Aall due respect,(lights ON)
I will reference the thread "Republicans, the party of...." (Denver)
We will ALL have to deal with WHATEVER this deeper issue may be if that cake is ever to be made Or that law to stand.
Jamming an Stacking

Covina, CA

#231254 Jun 22, 2014
I heard ever since the "commish" got his backside handed to "it" there has been the standard STACKING retaliation going one here on this site.

On with the show, snarker's.
Lake of FIRE

Honolulu, HI

#231255 Jun 22, 2014
Jamming an Stacking wrote:
I heard ever since the "commish" got his backside handed to "it" there has been the standard STACKING retaliation going one here on this site.
On with the show, snarker's.
There is a wedding cake in Colorado that was never made, it has never existed.
There is a LAW in California that Was made, and DOES exist.
There are 2 Forum topics in Denver. One debates over a cake that never existed and the second illuminates a deeper larger issue
which finds its way into the non-existent cake AS IF IT'S REAL.

In California there is 1 single HUGE debate over a law that
IS REAL, as if it NEVER existed.
The "deeper larger" issue, revealed by the 2nd thread in Denver generates MOST if not all of the energy for the debates in Colorado AND California.
(there's that beautiful song again..)
i'm not here to debate or insult, so with Aall due respect,(lights ON)
I will reference the thread "Republicans, the party of...." (Denver)
We will ALL have to deal with WHATEVER this deeper issue may be if that cake is ever to be made Or that law to stand.
The GOP may be down and out now. But DO NOT under estimate these FELLOW CITIZENS. THEY are a LAKE of FIRE now that has only been capped. THEIR Energy IS building up and WILL RELEASE VIOLENTLY.
RESPECT good manners!
Have COMPASSION for those who express their views in a harsh or ignorant way because THEY are hurting from deep secret things they were helpless against and still are.
Probably the same thing I NARROWLY avoided.
BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION: STOP HIJACKING THIS STREAM OF INFORMATION
or
YOU'LL be a BURN VICTIM with the rest of us.
andSTAY OUT

Honolulu, HI

#231258 Jun 22, 2014
WORTHLESS
aGOOdExample

Honolulu, HI

#231259 Jun 22, 2014
snedley

Sonoma, CA

FlabaloneShells wrote:

Mendocino isn't in Sonoma County
BLESS YOU, we sure as poo need more of these here corrections. You caught the dummy fake poster libertorinas from sebastopol. We demand more training in the three "R" baseline of skills. That is why we must stop education as we now know it. Stop it for ten years; close all schools and colleges and universities...for ten years. Once the dust settles, then we can begin to use the money saved to open faith based academies of scriptural study. THEN we will be in the know.
Thank GOD for the Teaparty...We will WIN with God!
This guy and I agree about education, I would avoid a strictly sectarian or faith-based curriculum in favor of a historically accurate, broad world view-based curriculum. I sense that we would be friends and HOWL with laughter as we talk WITH each other.
Jamming an Stacking

Covina, CA

#231260 Jun 22, 2014
It's the Goo Fighter from Hemet, CA.
PleaseConsider

Honolulu, HI

#231261 Jun 22, 2014
CO and CA are having essentially the same issue. These things need to be said before it's too late for talking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Jul 21 Paul 22
universal covenant ministries? (Sep '07) Jul 20 Yolanda perez 4
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul 16 Logan A 2
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Jul 6 Eddie 18
News Teen boy alleges school district concealed sexu... Jun 30 actionvideo 1
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jun '16 Icurn2000 158
Beware of Kenn Grey Jun '16 Philanthropic soc... 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance