Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rancho Navarre

Honolulu, HI

#230984 Jun 12, 2014
AYE! THAR SHE BLOWS! HELMSMAN, bring us up close behind her - Yeoman!- shut down the ship's radio 'til the deed is done.
Rancho Navarre

Honolulu, HI

#230985 Jun 12, 2014
I'm trying to have fun here to help get over what I had to do to bring down a real life monster before it could get any further. it took months to do and I cried EVERY DAY over it 'cause it took that long to positively identify the type of person I was dealing with. i'm only on this thread because the reason he was a monster is because of the way he was treated as a child. He was treated as a retarded little girl AND molested because he was effeminate and intelligent and the family was salt-of-the-earth farmers who didn't understand and value his intelligence. He headed straight for the most vulnerable people and turned HIS abuse ON THEM. He was a PROVEN threat to the community. This story Especially applies to the gay community and same-sex marriage. THERE ARE STILL MANY HIDDEN MONSTERS LURKING IN THIS REGION OF LIFE.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#230986 Jun 12, 2014
Rancho Navarre wrote:
I'm trying to have fun here to help get over what I had to do to bring down a real life monster before it could get any further. it took months to do and I cried EVERY DAY over it 'cause it took that long to positively identify the type of person I was dealing with. i'm only on this thread because the reason he was a monster is because of the way he was treated as a child. He was treated as a retarded little girl AND molested because he was effeminate and intelligent and the family was salt-of-the-earth farmers who didn't understand and value his intelligence. He headed straight for the most vulnerable people and turned HIS abuse ON THEM. He was a PROVEN threat to the community. This story Especially applies to the gay community and same-sex marriage. THERE ARE STILL MANY HIDDEN MONSTERS LURKING IN THIS REGION OF LIFE.
Yes but there are way more straight
offenders,think about it.......
Rancho Navarre

Honolulu, HI

#230987 Jun 12, 2014
I still love that person and his/our family - yeah, part of the story involved a collision in the genealogy department of the public library. Small world.
Rancho Navarre

Honolulu, HI

#230988 Jun 12, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but there are way more straight
offenders,think about it.......
I am - you can see the straight ones, because their demeanor and language give them away. many of the gay offenders are experts at modifying their behavior and speech. YOU CAN'T SEE 'EM COMING.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#230989 Jun 12, 2014
Rancho Navarre wrote:
<quoted text>I am - you can see the straight ones, because their demeanor and language give them away. many of the gay offenders are experts at modifying their behavior and speech. YOU CAN'T SEE 'EM COMING.
The only reason a Gay person would
hide anything is because they want to
avoid confrontation with Homophobes!
Darn Communists

San Dimas, CA

#230990 Jun 12, 2014
Ukraine accused Russia of allowing separatist rebels to bring three tanks and other military vehicles across the border into the east of the country to fight the Ukrainian army.

Evidence that Russia is sending in weapons or assisting the rebels militarily would implicate Moscow in the uprising against Kiev's pro-Western leaders, making a mockery of its denials.
Cam

Palm Desert, CA

#230991 Jun 12, 2014
Rancho, thanks again for proving you are incompetent.
trap line

San Dimas, CA

#230992 Jun 12, 2014
Cam Cam shut your big fat trap line mouth once more so we canal get some piece and quite here.
Cam

Palm Desert, CA

#230993 Jun 12, 2014
Can all* Quiet*

Thanks for proving you're a complete idiot that should shut your big fat trap. Please, keep humiliating yourself, again. This is too good. HAHA!
Rancho Navarre

Honolulu, HI

#230994 Jun 12, 2014
You're HOT!
Tossed

San Dimas, CA

#230995 Jun 12, 2014
Residents Ask Mayor to Step Down After Poop-Tossing
headlinesPhotos

Marietta, GA

#230996 Jun 12, 2014

*ANTICHRIST on world stage -----

http://youtu.be/-L5cJfgLI0o

heved

San Dimas, CA

#230997 Jun 12, 2014
Residents Ask stupid Mayor to Step Down After Poop-Tossing
Abe

New York, NY

#230999 Jun 12, 2014
trap line wrote:
Cam Cam shut your big fat trap line mouth once more so we canal get some piece and quite here.
fat trap line mouth once more so we canal get some piece (peace)

what?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#231000 Jun 12, 2014
Mike Kilpatrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a civics class. You don't get to vote on other peoples constitutional rights. That's why they're called rights.
No constitutional right was voted on. The right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, remained the same both before, and after, in those states that voted to confirm the definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman, as husband and wife, via state constitutional amendment.
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#231001 Jun 12, 2014
Ebonics is she/he/it's first language.
Poncho Vila

San Dimas, CA

#231002 Jun 12, 2014
When will the circle be complete?
Cam

Palm Desert, CA

#231003 Jun 12, 2014
Once again. Marriage is not a "right." What is a right is being free to be with whomever the hell you want as long as they are a consenting adult. Marriage is simply a joke that shouldn't be the big deal it is.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#231004 Jun 12, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No constitutional right was voted on. The right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, remained the same both before, and after, in those states that voted to confirm the definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman, as husband and wife, via state constitutional amendment.
.BTW about voting away the civil rights of a minority (granted this case was about the civil rights of school-children, but....)

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette 1943 (SCOTUS Majority Opinion)
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#painmeds for those in need 55 min Garady 1
Review: SunLine Transit Agency May 20 SUNLINE TRANSIT A... 5
Review: Taco Bell May 20 PALM SPRINGS TACO... 1
Review: Palm Springs Transit Center May 20 PALM SPRINGS TRAN... 1
Review: Carl's Jr/Green Burrito May 20 Carls Jr Green Bu... 1
Review: Sizzler Restaurant May 19 SIZZLER PALM SPRINGS 1
Review: Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen May 19 POPEYES PALM SPRINGS 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance