Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,887)

Showing posts 197,721 - 197,740 of199,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee..... reducing a 1400 page document to "polygamists marry children" is hilariously disingenuous.
I'd say it sums it up nicely. Nowhere does it give any reason three consenting adult men shouldn't be allowed to marry.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say it sums it up nicely.
More proof of your lack of formal education.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof of your lack of formal education.
More proof you have nothing but dumb ad hominem.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof you have nothing but dumb ad hominem.

More proof that you can't even understand the topic at hand. Tell me.... does it hurt to be SO stupid, or do your pain meds sort of take the edge off everything?
Removing

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

It's better each day, removing this topic is the best thing for man kind.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof that you can't even understand the topic at hand. Tell me.... does it hurt to be SO stupid, or do your pain meds sort of take the edge off everything?
...A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Prop 8 discriminated against polygamy too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Removing wrote:
It's better each day, removing this topic is the best thing for man kind.
It's like a zombie thread, died a long time ago but still wanders aimlessly undead. Attracts all sorts of riff raff. I try to class it up for you silly jackasses but you don't appreciate it. Frankie this and Frankie that bla bla.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to smoke opium in Vietnam but no more. Very effective on whatever kind of pain you are suffering from! Try it sometime. Then think of Frankie! Maybe you'll feel a wave of love. Don't just pass it off as gas. It's love. Who loves ya Joisey Goil?
Removing

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

It's gets better each day, removing this topic is the best thing for man kind.
Magic Mare

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

WHY VOTE wrote:
Ok, I don't really care if same sex people get married or are together in any capacity. I am for equal rights BUT.......... I am very annoyed that peoples votes don't mean anything anymore. What happened to a majority vote rules? What happened to the peoples voice?
My stance on this has nothing to do with same sex couples. This is just the latest thing a court has overturned or blocked that THE PEOPLE voted for. Look at AZ., look back at prop. 187 which would have saved is billions in illegal immigrant funding. The people of the USA are trying to make changes to better our country and the few judges are effectively disenfranchising us.
Again this is not directed at same sex couples it is major frustration over the majority loosing there voice.
WHY VOTE????
The question isn't 'the vote'... but if the issue being voted on was legal. In the 60s, it was still illegal in many states for blacks and whites to marry. Jews being legally banned from certain country clubs. A woman not allowed to pilot in the military even if she is a better pilot than the man who got his wings? In fact, when Kennedy ran, people assumed he'd lose because no Catholic was ever elected before. These overturns are about civil rights being stomped on. So what you're saying is that 'majority' wants to vote to restrict all over minorities from equal rights, let them? Gays having the right to marry is not yours or mine to decide. Their marriages don't threaten anything. Thus, people who 'voted' against gays rights to marry, vote against democracy. Ignorance isn't an excuse to remove a person's civil rights.
However Arizona illegal issues are not about civil rights. That overturn had to do with congress being in the pocket of big business who stands to gain if cheap labor can be hired to build your homes.. etc. My greedy ass of a cousin is a lobbyist for this crap... and hundreds of millions are being invested into lobbying so that big business has a new 'gene pool' of laborers who will work for less. I'm from Arizona by the way. Beware... If the lobbyists can make this seem like it's about civil rights, then we lose. What needs to be corrected is the assumption that illegal workers are Mexican. We need to enforce our immigration laws across the board, Canada, Mexico, Russia, England ... whatever. All countries have laws that permit legalization. The reason there is a quota and rules have to do with security and budget. This has nothing to do with Mexicans, except that their illegals have chosen to ignore whatever of our laws are inconvenient.(But boy do they know about 'benefits' once they're here.) Cesar Milan is a Mexican hero. He snuck in, made a fortune, and now is 'legal'. So - voting against an AMERICAN's civil rights is what asses do and what eventually the constitution of a true Democracy must and will overturn. Changing immigration laws.. completely different case.
Long arm

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

A long arm helps.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
...A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.
Prop 8 discriminated against polygamy too.
Don't start that shit again, dumbass. Haven't you learned the difference between 'explicit' and 'implicit' yet? The language of Prop 8 was NOT sufficient to ban polygamy.

Now is whine you stomp your feet and insist 'A man and A woman' means no polygamy. Well maybe it does implicitly, but NOT LEGALLY.
Long arm

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Long do arm help lot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't start that shit again, dumbass. Haven't you learned the difference between 'explicit' and 'implicit' yet? The language of Prop 8 was NOT sufficient to ban polygamy.
Now is whine you stomp your feet and insist 'A man and A woman' means no polygamy. Well maybe it does implicitly, but NOT LEGALLY.
Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...Now is whine you stomp your feet and insist 'A man and A woman' means no polygamy. Well maybe it does...
Right, it does. It's a simple concept really.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe it does...
Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
The language of Prop 8 was NOT sufficient to ban polygamy.
It was "sufficient" enough to ban same sex marriage but not "sufficient" enough to ban polygamy eh?

You are truly a dope. That's why I like your sillyass. Dopey Joisey Goil. The wannabe (but couldn't hack the program) attorney.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

"Xavier "Well maybe you're right" Breath.
Long arm

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Why stop there?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was "sufficient" enough to ban same sex marriage but not "sufficient" enough to ban polygamy eh?
Still don't understand the difference between implicit and explicit, eh? Why does that not surprise me.....

Proposition 8 (ballot title: Eliminates Rights of Same-Sex Couples to Marry. Initiative Constitutional Amendment, was a California ballot proposition that changed the California Constitution to add a new section 7.5 to Article I, which reads: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."This change restricted the definition of marriage to opposite-sex couples, and eliminated same-sex couples' right to marry, thereby overriding portions of the ruling of In re Marriage Cases by "carving out an exception to the preexisting scope of the privacy and due process clauses"of the state constitution.

There is no explicit ban on polygamy in Prop 8. For a proposition to be legal, it must be explicit.

Go ask an attorney, shit-for-brains......... I did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 197,721 - 197,740 of199,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for Riverside County was issued at April 24 at 1:55PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE