Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201844 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228630 Jan 29, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually, yes, romanced. But, if he's hot enough then I am not minding something a little more direct ;-)
Yup. Don't I know how you hotties are! When I was young 6 feet one and 175 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal the direct approach worked fine. "Let's do it, honey" "OK!"

Now I'm a crippled old geezer I gotta charm 'em first. But that's OK that's fun too. There are a lot more old ladies around than old men. And they have the dead old man's fortune and are willing to share! Ah good times! World travel! Casseroles! BJs!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#228631 Jan 29, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>Usually, yes, romanced. But, if he's hot enough then I am not minding something a little more direct ;-)
Totally agree!
Pass the bowl

Sierra Madre, CA

#228632 Jan 29, 2014
A new pair of bowling gloves have been given to #28631
And a jar of Vaseline - good luck.
soman00971566759 201

Dubai, UAE

#228633 Jan 29, 2014
chudai ki bat kro
Pass the bowl

Sierra Madre, CA

#228635 Jan 29, 2014
A new pair of bowling gloves have been given to #28633
your amigo

Long Beach, CA

#228636 Jan 29, 2014
Why are mexicans sexually deviant and kill their own people? Because they have indian and aztec blood! They have subhuman genes!
your amigo

Long Beach, CA

#228637 Jan 29, 2014
After all, there has to be an INFERIOR ethnic race after all! Duh!
Bowling for dollars

Sierra Madre, CA

#228640 Jan 30, 2014
A new pair of bowling gloves have been given to #28638
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228641 Jan 30, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's wonderful !! A well educated IDIOT...pft You'd have thought at your age you'd stop being such a child...In fact, children probably have more sense and maturity than you.
Who is that picture of, your grand daughter? Too skinny! Feed her better.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228642 Jan 30, 2014
rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's wonderful !! A well educated IDIOT...pft You'd have thought at your age you'd stop being such a child...In fact, children probably have more sense and maturity than you.
Read his posts..... it's obvious he's never been close to a university. His ability to make a well reasoned argument is non-existent. His logic is a twisted as a pretzel, and he has an unsurpassed talent for lying. There's no way he would have made it through college, let alone graduate school.
As needed

Sierra Madre, CA

#228643 Jan 30, 2014
Mickey mouse bowling gloves sold as needed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228644 Jan 30, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Read his posts..... it's obvious he's never been close to a university. His ability to make a well reasoned argument is non-existent. His logic is a twisted as a pretzel, and he has an unsurpassed talent for lying. There's no way he would have made it through college, let alone graduate school.
My argument is well reasoned and simple. The basis for the laws against polygamy is moral disapproval. This is not a valid reason.

Your argument is stupid, it's that Frankie has no education therefore polygamy should be illegal.
As needed

Sierra Madre, CA

#228645 Jan 30, 2014
Mickey mouse had better gloves than you got.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#228646 Jan 30, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Don't I know how you hotties are! When I was young 6 feet one and 175 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal the direct approach worked fine. "Let's do it, honey" "OK!"
Now I'm a crippled old geezer I gotta charm 'em first. But that's OK that's fun too. There are a lot more old ladies around than old men. And they have the dead old man's fortune and are willing to share! Ah good times! World travel! Casseroles! BJs!
Somehow, I think in person you charm the knickers off them older ladys just fine ;-)
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#228648 Jan 30, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow, I think in person you charm the knickers off them older ladys just fine ;-)
Very funny Six
Sprang

Sierra Madre, CA

#228649 Jan 30, 2014
The door sprang open, again.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228650 Jan 30, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Your argument is stupid, it's that Frankie has no education therefore polygamy should be illegal.
Your own posts make you look stupid. Thanks for proving my point.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228652 Jan 30, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is well reasoned and simple. The basis for the laws against polygamy is moral disapproval. This is not a valid reason.
Moral disapproval is NOT the only reason polygamy is illegal.

How many times do we have to go down this road BEFORE it sinks in? There are plenty of other reasons. I've posted them many times. You ridicule them and then dismiss them, even though they come from experts. You know... people that have done actual research.

You can ignore the reasons, I really don't care. But don't even try to say they don't exist.

[229] As Dr. Witte further summarized, for more than 1750 years the Western legal tradition has also declared polygamy to be an offence. The denunciation of the practice has been based on natural, philosophical, political, sociological, psychological and scientific arguments. Polygamy, it has consistently been argued, is associated with harm: harm against women, against children, against men and against society. Dr. Witte reviewed some of these harms, as follows.

[230] The harms against women include: exploitation; commodification; social isolation; the inevitable favouritism of some women and deprecation of others within the household; discrimination; and, impoverishment.

[231] The harms against children include: the negative impacts on their development caused by discord, violence and exploitation in the marital home; competition between mothers and siblings for the limited attention of the father; diminishment of the democratic citizenship capabilities of children as a result of being raised by mothers deprived of their basic rights; impoverishment; and, violation of their fundamental dignity.

[232] The harms against men include: the unequal distribution of spouses and related ostracism of younger men forced to compete for a scarcer supply of women; the creation of a false appetite for patriarchy; inflammation of male lust; and deprivation of the essential bond of mutuality that is unique to the marital institution.

[233] Finally, the harms to society that flow from polygamy include: threats to the social order and a greater need for social supports as women lacking education and opportunity to enhance themselves, as well as their children, find themselves impoverished upon divorce or the death of their husbands; harms to good citizenship; threats to political stability; and the undermining of human dignity and equality.

http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
Ism s

Sierra Madre, CA

#228653 Jan 30, 2014
This is meant for anyone leaving those nasty little postings:

1.) Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.

2.) Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.

3.) Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.

4.) Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.

5.) Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#228654 Jan 30, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral disapproval is NOT the only reason polygamy is illegal.
How many times do we have to go down this road BEFORE it sinks in? There are plenty of other reasons. I've posted them many times. You ridicule them and then dismiss them, even though they come from experts. You know... people that have done actual research.
You can ignore the reasons, I really don't care. But don't even try to say they don't exist.
[229] As Dr. Witte further summarized, for more than 1750 years the Western legal tradition has also declared polygamy to be an offence. The denunciation of the practice has been based on natural, philosophical, political, sociological, psychological and scientific arguments. Polygamy, it has consistently been argued, is associated with harm: harm against women, against children, against men and against society. Dr. Witte reviewed some of these harms, as follows.
[230] The harms against women include: exploitation; commodification; social isolation; the inevitable favouritism of some women and deprecation of others within the household; discrimination; and, impoverishment.
[231] The harms against children include: the negative impacts on their development caused by discord, violence and exploitation in the marital home; competition between mothers and siblings for the limited attention of the father; diminishment of the democratic citizenship capabilities of children as a result of being raised by mothers deprived of their basic rights; impoverishment; and, violation of their fundamental dignity.
[232] The harms against men include: the unequal distribution of spouses and related ostracism of younger men forced to compete for a scarcer supply of women; the creation of a false appetite for patriarchy; inflammation of male lust; and deprivation of the essential bond of mutuality that is unique to the marital institution.
[233] Finally, the harms to society that flow from polygamy include: threats to the social order and a greater need for social supports as women lacking education and opportunity to enhance themselves, as well as their children, find themselves impoverished upon divorce or the death of their husbands; harms to good citizenship; threats to political stability; and the undermining of human dignity and equality.
http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
None of those reasons make any sense when applied to three consenting adult gay men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Pleads Guilty in Fatal 2012 New Year's Shoo... 2 hr d twn mobsta 1
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 26 Maria Anderson 157
Desert Hot Springs Police Dept. Great Public Se... Jul 17 Dorris 7
News Man petitions road name change to mend racial t... Jul 11 inewsmaster 1
Review: jumpers zone party rentals Jul 9 Yaneth 1
News SC Labs wins contract to test pot for Palm Springs Jul 9 LOLbumps 1
Plus Size clothes - Draper's & Damon's Jun '15 Tracy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages