Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
197,381 - 197,400 of 200,578 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, me too & not me :(
Like your photo. Looking good! Hubba hubba! Don't mind me, dirty old man. But you look good!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

garbonzo wrote:
<quoted text>Huh???
We'll tell you all about it tomorrow after you sober up.
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll tell you all about it tomorrow after you sober up.
I'm not drunk.
Easy There Now

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop stalking me weirdo! You've been stalking and bullying me for over two years. It's CREEPY.
Stop lying and stop stalking me you slimy cowardly bully ! If we met in person you'd be pissing your pants and whining like the liar that you are because you're a coward ! Still waiting for your proof liar but then we all know you for what you are,a consummate off topic liar who can't prove shyte mainly because you lie ! Still waiting big mouth,waiting for your proof ! Reported for stalking ! And stop lying about you being in combat you dishonor real vets liar ! The closest you came to combat was a whore house in Bangkok ! Now call your sponsor PDQ,you need to get back in alcohol treatment it didn't work the first time ! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
garbonzo

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2014

Judged:

rabnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...thanks. I changed it because everyone thought I was a guy.
Dafuq?? U a trannie?
George Gobal

Coweta, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

So if it's okay for a man to marry another man based upon sexual appetite, what are you going to do about a man that's bisexual? Shouldn't he be able to marry another man and a woman to satisfy his sexual appetite? I mean, after all, it only make sense. I'm all for bisexual marriages and it should be the law of the land. There is a slight problem and that's if a bisexual marries another bisexual. If that happens, then you end up with a bisexual man marrying another bisexual man and you can have two other men and two women involved which means you end up with 6 people all married together. Or how about a bisexual man marrying a bisexual woman and the bisexual man also has a man as his wife and the bisexual woman has another woman as her husband. This really gets complicated, but it's only fair to consider all these possibilities and make allowances for each and every situation.
Let's hear it for bisexual marriages!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were no other laws against polygamy but prop 8 was still in effect would polygamy be legal Miss thing? No? Why not? Because prop 8 would prevent it.
Leave it to you to try and hog all the victim-hood! Typical "me me me" attitude.
But there ARE other laws against polygamy. It was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it is illegal AFTER Prop 8. Obviously Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy.

Embrace reality and not your crazy "what if" bullshit.
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

George Gobal wrote:
So if it's okay for a man to marry another man based upon sexual appetite, what are you going to do about a man that's bisexual? Shouldn't he be able to marry another man and a woman to satisfy his sexual appetite? I mean, after all, it only make sense. I'm all for bisexual marriages and it should be the law of the land. There is a slight problem and that's if a bisexual marries another bisexual. If that happens, then you end up with a bisexual man marrying another bisexual man and you can have two other men and two women involved which means you end up with 6 people all married together. Or how about a bisexual man marrying a bisexual woman and the bisexual man also has a man as his wife and the bisexual woman has another woman as her husband. This really gets complicated, but it's only fair to consider all these possibilities and make allowances for each and every situation.
Let's hear it for bisexual marriages!
This is all getting way too crazy. Lets just keep it at a man and a woman. All this crazy talk is caused by the odd couple invasion, it only causes caous, bad idea
George Gobal

Coweta, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all getting way too crazy. Lets just keep it at a man and a woman. All this crazy talk is caused by the odd couple invasion, it only causes caous, bad idea
Okay Jake, so you want to exclude us Bi's from loving each other. You're just a Bi-ophobic and want to discriminate against us that want to spread our love to our bisexual lovers. Oh sure, it's okay with you to let straights and fags get married, but let us Bi's suggest that we'd like to be included in the wedded bliss of love and suddenly you want to keep us out. What about the brother and sister lovers that want to get married? You want to discriminate against them too?! Or how about the mothers and sons or fathers and daughters that want to get married?

I can see this whole marriage thing is wrong. Maybe no one should be allowed to get married. Maybe that's the answer. Only single people should be allowed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
But there ARE other laws against polygamy. It was illegal BEFORE Prop 8 and it is illegal AFTER Prop 8. Obviously Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy.
Embrace reality and not your crazy "what if" bullshit.
Does a law that defines marriage as "ONE man, ONE woman only" allow polygamy?

No. It doesn't. It's a simple concept really, it's good you asked for help though! Remember! There are no stupid posts. Only stupid posters like yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

George Gobal wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Jake, so you want to exclude us Bi's from loving each other. You're just a Bi-ophobic and want to discriminate against us that want to spread our love to our bisexual lovers. Oh sure, it's okay with you to let straights and fags get married, but let us Bi's suggest that we'd like to be included in the wedded bliss of love and suddenly you want to keep us out. What about the brother and sister lovers that want to get married? You want to discriminate against them too?! Or how about the mothers and sons or fathers and daughters that want to get married?
I can see this whole marriage thing is wrong. Maybe no one should be allowed to get married. Maybe that's the answer. Only single people should be allowed.
I like your idea of limiting marriage to single people.
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

George Gobal wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the world just wait until you make up your mind as to who really want to be with. LMAO until then we'll just have to deal with on odd couple at a time. Why ruin a good thing by getting married there is not benefit in it for anyone.
Shaky Jake

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Shaky Jakes back?

What an original concept?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a law that defines marriage as "ONE man, ONE woman only" allow polygamy?
No. It doesn't. It's a simple concept really, it's good you asked for help though! Remember! There are no stupid posts. Only stupid posters like yourself.
Was polygamy allowed when that law went into effect? No, because it was already illegal. Prop 8 stopped gay couples from marrying. It changed nothing about polygamy. Polygamy was illegal BEFORE/AFTER Prop 8. And don't try that ridiculous "IF" there were no other laws excuse.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Was polygamy allowed when that law went into effect? No, because it was already illegal. Prop 8 stopped gay couples from marrying. It changed nothing about polygamy. Polygamy was illegal BEFORE/AFTER Prop 8. And don't try that ridiculous "IF" there were no other laws excuse.
Miss Thing, a law that defines marriage as "ONE man and ONE woman ONLY" bans polygamy. How silly you get to argue otherwise!

The people who brought you prop 8 had polygamy in mind when they put the "ONE" in it.
How can you argue otherwise? Why do you argue otherwise? What a dope! You get so silly.
Shaky Jake

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Shaky Jake where have you been?

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying and stop stalking me you slimy cowardly bully ! If we met in person you'd be pissing your pants and whining like the liar that you are because you're a coward ! Still waiting for your proof liar but then we all know you for what you are,a consummate off topic liar who can't prove shyte mainly because you lie ! Still waiting big mouth,waiting for your proof ! Reported for stalking ! And stop lying about you being in combat you dishonor real vets liar ! The closest you came to combat was a whore house in Bangkok ! Now call your sponsor PDQ,you need to get back in alcohol treatment it didn't work the first time ! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Aw shuddup Bill you silly jackass! Get back to what you do best- rigging the judge-its! Good if you are gay, bad if you are straight. Except for your own posts which you rate good even though you are straight.~rolling eyes~

YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times! Old SniffButt Billy!$3 Bill! TOO FUNNY!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOL!!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality, by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jethá, is gaining a lot of mainstream attention and has edged onto the New York Times bestseller list. It explains, in breezy language and massive detail, the reason why humans the world over are failures at monogamy. It also examines the roots of human nature in other key regards.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They're paranoid and close minded thinking polygamy is just a plot against SSM, they forget these are good people seeking marriage equality just like them.
Polygamy is marriage. It is not a plot against SSM, how self centered they are!
I do not see polygamy as a threat against gay marriage in anyway either. Maybe one of them will struggle with coming up with an answer?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 was simple. It defined marriage as ONE man and ONE woman. Banning BOTH polygamy and SSM EQUALLY. What don't you understand about ONE man ONE woman banning polygamy? It's a simple concept really.
It sure seems simple enough. You make perfect sense. If only one man can marry one woman then one man can't marry two women and one man can't marry a man. Why would anyone use the judgeits against you like that? Would they judge you if you said today was January 24th?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 7 hr Commander Bunny 11
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 18 hr facts faced 15,929
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••