Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Skeet Packers

Covina, CA

#227923 Jan 15, 2014
Senior Cpl. Amy Wilburn was fired after wounding a 19-year-old carjacking suspect on Dec. 9, 2013.

Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#227924 Jan 15, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
if you pay attention,he attacked me
without provocation.MYOB and get
over me for Crying out loud...
What an obsessive hillbilly...
All you do in here is bitch. If you can't stand the heat maybe you should leave.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#227925 Jan 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
if you pay attention,he attacked me
without provocation.MYOB and get
over me for Crying out loud...
What an obsessive hillbilly...
You're the one that attacks.Stop whining..
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227926 Jan 16, 2014
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one that attacks.Stop whining..
STFU about me and it won't be a
problem for you Merlin!
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227927 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>All you do in here is bitch. If you can't stand the heat maybe you should leave.
OK Bruno,go count Penguins that fly!
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#227929 Jan 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Bruno,go count Penguins that fly!
Frankie ! get back onto your meds.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227931 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie ! get back onto your meds.
OK Gustavo the Sailor Toot Toot!
Serious

Covina, CA

#227932 Jan 16, 2014
Serious air pollution plagues most major Chinese cities, where environmental protection has been long sacrificed for the sake of economic development.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227933 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie ! get back onto your meds.
Gustavo go teach a penguin to fly!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#227934 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think SSM is permanent? maybe there is something to it, maybe just maybe this will be somethihg that will wake America up! this unorthodox way of living is not set in stone by any means.
Yes. SSM is permanent. The state cannot take away a right once it has been granted.

Perhaps if you spent more time educating yourself about how our government works, and less time worrying about who is marrying whom, you could have an honest thought.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#227935 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, as all that they have to do is stand their ground, and not bow to the peer pressure that is todays lobbying. They don't have to accept any sort of Federal intervention, as the Constitution grants the final say to the individual states. Most of the country knows this, but is many states have been seeded, in order to accomplish this miraculous feat of turning the country over to subversive parties.
Really? The final say goes to the States, eh? No....... SCOTUS has the final say and our federal constitution is supreme. States may not pass laws that violate the federal constitution.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#227936 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually, you're living in the immediate now. You are preferring to use the recent turn of events, instead of viewing our existence in its entirety. Perhaps, you could petition the Fed to recognize "civil unions", instead of forcing your inclusion into an institution that has never allowed for your type of relationship. Is it better to besmirch someone else's tradition, instead of creating your own? Forced inclusion into our party does not grant any sort of legitimacy. It cheapens what we have cherished, and diminishes it.
Collect your receipts and run to the courthouse to prove how it has in any way negatively affected your marriage.

Oh wait..... having your feelings hurt because of willful stupidity isn't a valid complaint. Maybe you should petition the court to feel sorry for stupid people.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#227937 Jan 16, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty clear. SScouples should be afforded all of the same rights/privileges of a married man/woman, except, it is not a marriage. It is a civil union of a SS couple..
But by definition that is NOT the same set of rights and privileges. How many straight couple will run out and get a civil union? NONE, because it is NOT the same.
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
..Since your definition of marriage is different than has been the traditional historic definition, may it include 3 folks? or a horse? or?????
Nope, my position was very clear. I said that "denying a couple the right to marry for the sole reason that they are gay is hurtful and benefits no-one."
Notice the words 'sole reason'? Do you understand English?
Either you are careless at reading what I posted or you intentionally want to ignore it so that you can insert absurd and obtuse red herrings into your propaganda. I am fairly confident the later is the truth and that basically proves you to be a con artist.
One more time, denying a couple the right to marry for the sole reason that they are gay is hurtful and benefits no-one. Simple and true.
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#227938 Jan 16, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. SSM is permanent. The state cannot take away a right once it has been granted.
Perhaps if you spent more time educating yourself about how our government works, and less time worrying about who is marrying whom, you could have an honest thought.
Nothing is permanent except for AIDS and death you stupid boi ...
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#227939 Jan 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gustavo go teach a penguin to fly!
You must be Frankie, because you are as stupid as he is ...
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#227940 Jan 16, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>You must be Frankie, because you are as stupid as he is ...
No Gustavo,and you know dam well
that is false.Not dumb enough to think
Penguins fly!
poof

Cambridge, IL

#227941 Jan 16, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Gustavo,and you know dam well
that is false.Not dumb enough to think
Penguins fly!
STFU Frankiee

Location hidden

#227942 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
... They are being denied something that wasn't meant for them. Just as we are supposed to deny illegals American citizenship....
Entirely wrong, marriage is a basic human right meant for everone. Citizenship is not.
<quoted text>
I..Don't imagine that you are going to be able to deter me from my stance, it is the right one. I have embodied nothing, I am in tune with the propriety of things....
I understand you believe this. I don't think I have the ability to change your mind. I do think you have closed off part of your thoughtfulness because of very strong emotional negative reaction to the idea of gay marriage, not sure where that comes from though.
<quoted text>
... Where does your "anything goes" stance stem from? A morally confused base, by any chance?
Don't lie about my position. Nowhere do I calim anything even remotely close to 'anything goes'. I carely chose my words and will repeat them for your benefit:
"Denying a couple the right to marry for the sole reason that they are gay is hurtful and benefits no-one." Take the time to learn what is meant by 'sole reason' and that should clear up that my stance is not anything goes.
No Doze

Covina, CA

#227943 Jan 16, 2014
No Dozed with #227941

Location hidden

#227944 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
I prefer "refuse to grant" instead of "deny", don't you? It puts things in the proper light.
Of you do you because you are arrogant enough to assume you have authority to choose what are basic human rights. That is the proper light.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Dec 23 Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web