Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,635)

Showing posts 192,681 - 192,700 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a very interesting telescope, not what you would call a normal one, really fast ( F stop )
Interesting to note the that one of the primary Originators of the expansion theories ( now called big bang ) was a Catholic Priest, proving that a moment of creation did happen as opposed to the steady state theory.
He turned out to be correct.
There was an instant of creation some 13 billion years ago.
The earth is a youngster compared to the universe, we are a second, possibly third generation system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%...
WAITAMINIT! Who are you, and where's the real Big D!? He would never acknowledge something like that.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>When I bring up poly MARRIAGE but you loudly complain it is off topic.
Let's change it to Astronomy!!! LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly like that, yes.

but in astronomical terms, we are measuring the speed of light, rather than the speed of sound.

Sound = 768 miles an hour

Light is 186,282 miles a second

Some people can grasp this, others struggle with it, but the farther away we look, the farther back in time we are looking.
I never ever knew that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I love it when a rainbow approved poster gets in a civil conversation with an unapproved poster, the approved poster gets good judge-its and the unapproved poster gets bad ones for the same conversation. Ah yes. Liberalism.
That is too funny!
Number 9

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Did yeah hear, they are rebuilding the tracks for number 9.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I love it when a rainbow approved poster gets in a civil conversation with an unapproved poster, the approved poster gets good judge-its and the unapproved poster gets bad ones for the same conversation. Ah yes. Liberalism.
A rainbow approved poster??
Unapproved poster??
Is there a Topix "Swat Team" as well?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There is little question in my mind that life exists elsewhere, there is zero credible evidence that intelligent life have ever been here ( form elsewhere anyway )
This is one of the first questions 4th grade school children have when I do an astronomy demonstration for them.
Speculation is all you got, there are no facts to back you up. Which is funny coming from a person that says he goes by facts. LOL What the F are you doing around kids? What do you mean demonstration? What are you doing? YOU need to be reported.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
correction...the moon is around 1.2 light seconds ( I dont know how I always say that wrong, not the first time )
It is like seeing a person use a hammer far away, the sight of it gets to you faster than the sound.
But the light also takes time, just over 186,282 miles a second.
The sun is
isn't that great to know. LOL
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,we are going back to SB in Nov,
I hope the group is there again as
well.You are right,you can never get
tired of seeing the amazing sky!
That's cool that you can see ancient
galaxies,I didn't know that was
possible......
That sounds like a great time. Nothing like the aroma of the salt air and a burning fire pit and a cup of hot buttered rum.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Our WM wrote:
OUR Wal-Mart, a group of current and former workers that have been staging protests at its stores, held a press conference in Washington, to pressure the discounter to pay all of its full-time workers at least $25,000 a year.
It's planning another round of protests at its stores on the day after Thanksgiving, the traditional kickoff for the holiday shopping season.
$25K? does that include medical? how can anyone survive on $25K? you should ask for more!
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,we are going back to SB in Nov,
I hope the group is there again as
well.You are right,you can never get
tired of seeing the amazing sky!
That's cool that you can see ancient
galaxies,I didn't know that was
possible......

Maybe I'll see you there, I may stay at Ocean Mesa RV park!
St George Native

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

We are here in hawaii to stop the gays and lesbians in their trax. The native people are too dumb to do what needs to be done, they think that letting this abomination go on and letting giant, fat, greasy lesbians marry wired up snotty gays is a right. GOD says no! He says no to all such give-aways, including social security, medicare, unemployment insurance, disability and the ghastly Obamacare that will lead to death panels and the banquet of satan served up at the universities of hell that teach orgasms and evolution. We will stop everything and that is our legacy..When we get done we will go home to St. George to prepare to teach you, too, what to do and what is right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like a great time. Nothing like the aroma of the salt air and a burning fire pit and a cup of hot buttered rum.
Ah.....You bet,and slow roasted
Turkey with friends and "some"
family will make it a blast.Can't
wait....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I'll see you there, I may stay at Ocean Mesa RV park!
I'm going a little farther north to
A place I have went every year for
the last 40 years....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

St George Native wrote:
We are here in hawaii to stop the gays and lesbians in their trax. The native people are too dumb to do what needs to be done, they think that letting this abomination go on and letting giant, fat, greasy lesbians marry wired up snotty gays is a right. GOD says no! He says no to all such give-aways, including social security, medicare, unemployment insurance, disability and the ghastly Obamacare that will lead to death panels and the banquet of satan served up at the universities of hell that teach orgasms and evolution. We will stop everything and that is our legacy..When we get done we will go home to St. George to prepare to teach you, too, what to do and what is right.
Don't let the door hit ya,where the
Good Lord "split" ya!! I'm a straight
female Christian and God didn't
send you here to judge anyone.
That's not your place.Live and Let
Live...Diversity is what California
is all about,you won't be the first
nuts to try to change "US",and you
won't be the last......
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'll see you there, I may stay at Ocean Mesa RV park!
Well you won't see me there. I'll be sure to avoid Ocean Mesa RV park if you're going to be there lowering the property values with your pup tent.

And no doubt you have a yappy little gay poodle lap dog. And you probably smoke Virginia Slims with lipstick stains. And sip cheap gin drinks or worse. Wine coolers.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
$25K? does that include medical? how can anyone survive on $25K? you should ask for more!
Great advice. You remember what happened when you asked for more, they fired you. And now you need to GET A JOB.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a great time. Nothing like the aroma of the salt air and a burning fire pit and a cup of hot buttered rum.
And your boyfriend's scrotum.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you won't see me there. I'll be sure to avoid Ocean Mesa RV park if you're going to be there lowering the property values with your pup tent.
And no doubt you have a yappy little gay poodle lap dog. And you probably smoke Virginia Slims with lipstick stains. And sip cheap gin drinks or worse. Wine coolers.
calm down sailor boi. Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your boyfriend's scrotum.
Be nice for once frankie or uncle Guido will ... well you know what he will do to you! calm down

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 192,681 - 192,700 of200,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 22 at 10:23PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••