Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
189,761 - 189,780 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Gimme gimme! Gimme gay marriage. Gimme HIV cure. Gimme Obama plan. Gimme free cell phone. Gimme Obama care. Gimme gimme!
This from a man who enjoys great government benefits.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those I earned by hard work and intelligence. I could I could have worked for the private sector for much more money.

I have given much more for this country than you ever have. I cannot walk. I hope you don't begrudge me a wheelchair and medical care for a wound sustained in combat? You probably do. But if I was gay you'd be gushing how brave and altruistic I was.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
No,we have moved on to more idiotic issues, Like frankies being abused as a fat little boy by his mother, father and uncle.
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you deserve to be compensated for being too frickin' stupid to keep your butt cheeks together?

To hell with pouring more money into a preventable disease than for cancer or heart disease. I'm tired of subsidizing Caligula.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Veryverbose is always all gimme gimme.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Only those I earned by hard work and intelligence. I could I could have worked for the private sector for much more money.

I have given much more for this country than you ever have. I cannot walk. I hope you don't begrudge me a wheelchair and medical care for a wound sustained in combat? You probably do. But if I was gay you'd be gushing how brave and altruistic I was.
Thanks for Serving Frankie!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Veryverbose is always all gimme gimme.
Well, it IS a diverse point of view, after all.

*snicker*
RunOut ta

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

October 01, 2013

I would say the Republicans and Tea Party brats have just ran out of BRAINS.

1st day of crazy republican, tea party shut down.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those I earned by hard work and intelligence. I could I could have worked for the private sector for much more money.
Liar, you said you weren't in combat, thst combat was for jarheads,dumb Marines .. that is what you said. I know you fell out of your bunk off shore in your luxury stateroom. You are a liar .. lol saylor boi
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Warrington, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Kamikazes Tea Party wrote:
Here are 10 things to know about the new law:
1. Next year, you must have health insurance, one way or another, or pay a penalty. There are exceptions, but they won't apply to most people.
2. Very likely, you already have insurance, so don't panic. If you are covered by an employer-sponsored plan, Medicare or Medicaid, military or veterans programs, an individual plan or other group plans, you're golden. If it's very skimpy or unaffordable, you can buy on the state's exchange marketplace, where you might get financial help.
3. If you have an individual plan, you're considered covered, but your plan is likely going to change, and you'll have to pick a new one.
4. Insurers can no longer reject you or charge you more because you have a health condition.
5. Your kids can be on your policy until they're 26.
6. You can't sign up for insurance coverage all year long. You'll be able to sign up only during specified open-enrollment periods. This year, a special six-month period lasts from Oct.1 to the end of March 2014.
7. If you're a mom, you're the most-trusted adviser to over-26 kids. So you're the one who needs to explain that, yes, they can pay the penalty and skip insurance.
8. There is a new way to compare and sign up for individual insurance. In Washington, the insurance-exchange marketplace will appear Oct. 1 as the Washington Healthplanfinder, a one-stop shopping site that will take care of a lot of messy details for you.
9. The Healthplanfinder will do some whiz-bang stuff behind the curtain. You'll be able to find out, for example, if your income qualifies you for free or lower-cost insurance.
10. The exchange isn't the only way. You'll still be able to buy individual insurance through a broker, or through the insurer the same way you signed up before. But there are no subsidies for purchases outside the exchange.
Are you illiterate or just incapable of staying on topic like most conservatards?
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
It's true ... an issue? Ehh
Flounders

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Have those flounders washed ashore again?

Throw them Republicans and Tea Party bums back in the deep end this time.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

RunOut ta wrote:
October 01, 2013
I would say the Republicans and Tea Party brats have just ran out of BRAINS.
Said the global warming freak.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar, you said you weren't in combat, thst combat was for jarheads,dumb Marines .. that is what you said. I know you fell out of your bunk off shore in your luxury stateroom. You are a liar .. lol saylor boi
Once I was unbuttoning my 13 buttons to tale a piss in a bar in Olongapo and some half gay Marine steps up to the next urinal and said "I'm glad I'm not a squid, it would be hard to find my dick."

I said "If I was a Marine, it would be easy, I'd just take off my hat."

~Whoop!~Whoop!
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, you are gay !!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it IS a diverse point of view, after all.
*snicker*
Yes. Celebrate diversity!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, you are gay !!
I wanted to be a Marine just like you but I couldn't pass the physical. My head wouldn't fit in the jar. And then I scored too high on the intelligence test.

But seriously, bless you dopey jarheads. Not you. But the other ones. I'm glad you meatheads are on our side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>This from a man who enjoys great government benefits.
He earned them too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

YUK!YUK!YUK!~Whoop~Whoop! Ah good times!

Celebrate diversity Gustavo you big dopey galoot!

Oh that's right you need to go to work three days a week because you got it 2/5ths made! Call me when you got it all the way made and then I'll let you buy me a bucket of beers down at the VFW.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>Once I was unbuttoning my 13 buttons to tale a piss in a bar in Olongapo and some half gay Marine steps up to the next urinal and said "I'm glad I'm not a squid, it would be hard to find my dick."

I said "If I was a Marine, it would be easy, I'd just take off my hat."

~Whoop!~Whoop!
LPL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Jack Meoff 15,930
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr Eaddae 4,978
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 5 hr Commander Bunny 15
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••