Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219519 Oct 1, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>The term "civil rights", used in a legal context, refers to human beings.
Really?!?

*snicker*

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#219520 Oct 1, 2013
Denver Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/wellcraft/sc...
On a personal note buying that boat was one of the DUMBEST things I ever did.
Bought it in 1996 in an effort to impress the ladies in order to have them overlook the fact I was ugly enough to peel paint off a government building.
Blew two engines on poker runs ('poker runs' are races with powerboats) which cost more than the damn thing was worth to replace.
Buying an expensive powerboat is about as intelligent as buying a fleet of new Cadillacs thinking you're the new Elvis only to find out the depreciation on the damn things falls faster than throwing a freezer loaded with meat off the Empire State Building.
The old adage a boat owner has two highs in life, the day he buys his boat and the day he sells it holds true. Trust me.
You forgot the definition of a boat: a hole in the water into which you pour all your money.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#219521 Oct 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, everyone who receives some kind of government help believes that they "earned" it.
It is not "help" it is a pension. Compensation. 60% of my highest 3 years.

If you don't like it, call your congressman. Get my pension stopped, use the money for gay causes. That's fair.(in VV happy happy wonderful land).
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#219522 Oct 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And that argument is STILL better than any of the anti-SSM arguments out there...
There are much better ones. That one is dumb.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#219523 Oct 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I've fought for the rights of my country. I think most people do it every day. Not everyone does it with a gun.
Would love to hear how you fought for "the rights" of your country.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#219524 Oct 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The days of arranged marriages is LONG past. People make their own choices who they will marry.
Don't mind Dan. He's a dummy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#219525 Oct 1, 2013
Marriage. There is no one right way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#219526 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not "help" it is a pension. Compensation. 60% of my highest 3 years.
If you don't like it, call your congressman. Get my pension stopped, use the money for gay causes. That's fair.(in VV happy happy wonderful land).
But of course, if you were a retired union goon, say, a former publik skewl teechur, it'd mortgage the bath house to homestead on your doorstep.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#219527 Oct 1, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>But of course, if you were a retired union goon, say, a former publik skewl teechur, it'd mortgage the bath house to homestead on your doorstep.
You translate this crap? I don't speak
Ignorant!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219528 Oct 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Marriage. There is no one right way.
That's an understatement!!!!
No paddles

La Puente, CA

#219529 Oct 1, 2013
The crazy republican tea party fools haven't got a chance every sane person in the USA is telling these crazy fools to vote it in and then pack up their bags and get out of Washington D.C..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219530 Oct 1, 2013
Have a Good Night All....:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#219531 Oct 2, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of school at 17.....Went to college
Married at 18.First child at 20... Graduated the same year you putz....
Married 23 years......Then grew apart.
Best friends.Retired at 45 with full
pay..I'm a pretty dam smart blonde..
What's your excuse?
Naughty bits fall out of your crotchless
panties?
Two years of college? Wow.

Failed at marriage.

Living off the public with an unfunded pension.

And you brag about this?

Blonde like white on rice...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219532 Oct 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, everyone who receives some kind of government help believes that they "earned" it.
You are such an ass.

So no one deserves it?

Idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219533 Oct 2, 2013
Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me sir,but part of my
retirement pkg includes being injured
by poorly managed city property and
I deserve every penny I get.Even the
City agreed with my claim.Frankie
deserves his too...Did you fight for
the rights of our country? If so
Thank You for serving.If not thank
our brave soldiers.....No matter how
they are disabled.Have a heart!
Being obese is not the government's fault.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219534 Oct 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I've fought for the rights of my country. I think most people do it every day. Not everyone does it with a gun.
Correction.

You have fought for illegitimate privileges for gays, at the expense of women and children.

You will never be near the man Frankie is in a wheel chair.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219535 Oct 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The days of arranged marriages is LONG past. People make their own choices who they will marry.
Most marriages in the world are still arranged.

Idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219536 Oct 2, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And that argument is STILL better than any of the anti-SSM arguments out there...
And there is the best of gay logic.

Snicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#219537 Oct 2, 2013
But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial.

You are not going where no culture has gone before, you are following a course that has destroyed every culture on that same path.

Leviticus 18:1-3 (NASB) 1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them,'I am the LORD your God. 3 ~'You shall not do what is done in the land of Egypt where you lived, nor are you to do what is done in the land of Canaan where I am bringing you; you shall not walk in their statutes.

Please note that the word 'statutes' means, something prescribed, an enactment, statute:--New American Standard Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.

Simply put; A formal law of the culture.

The question then becomes, what were those old 'laws' that God prohibited?

A list concludes with three;

Leviticus 18:21-23 (NASB) 21 ~'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 ~'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 ~'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.

Simply put, those were laws legally allowing child sacrifice, sodomy and beastality.

What is the consequence of a society legally embracing those things?

Leviticus 18:24-25 (NASB) 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled. 25 ~'For the land has become defiled, therefore I have brought its punishment upon it, so the land has spewed out its inhabitants.

I know you claim these words are not words of God, but simply words of man, distorted by translations and time.

To me, however, they are then, all the more poignant. How is it that words of fiction expose repeated history and affirm your arrogance? You are determined to repeat the perversion of law, but deny the historic reality of it's consequences.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#219538 Oct 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
But are we the first society to assert these 'rights' and establish 'laws' regarding them? This is a deadly farce based on arrogance and denial.
YOUR deadly marriage might be based on arrogance and denial, but that hardly applies to the thousands of happily married gay couples in CA.

And guess what? They are STILL marrying, and they will continue to marry.

Your rants mean exactly nothing. The law isn't going to change in the future, so you should learn to deal with it. This continued obsession just makes you look ridiculous.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) Sat Dparisss 41
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Aug 23 Creeps 20
Young couple have job offer in Rancho Mirage - Aug 21 gjstewart 1
Need a place to let my golden swim and play Jul 29 Anonymous 1
universal covenant ministries? (Sep '07) Jul '16 Yolanda perez 4
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul '16 Logan A 2
News Teen boy alleges school district concealed sexu... Jun '16 actionvideo 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance