Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
187,841 - 187,860 of 200,581 Comments Last updated 52 min ago
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217197 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My mother was 100% Irish. I can't repeat the names she called my Italian father when as he used to say "She's got her Irish up".
It sounds like you were an abused kid growing up Frances. I can just imagin what she called you!! lol ...
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#217198 Sep 20, 2013
Huh?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217199 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
Freedom and equality are great. I you don't like that maybe Iran would it your hate and bigotry better.
Freedom and equality are human constructs.

Is it an obsession of your precious drowning polar bears? Cats? Dogs? Dolphins?

Are other animals so deeply mentally disturbed that they Celebrate Diversity by attacking those with different views?

Imbecile.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#217200 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
Freedom and equality are great. I you don't like that maybe Iran would it your hate and bigotry better.
Whaaat? Still don't get that old english b.s.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217201 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I leave a free nation. I eman the nati-gay pukes would like it there they can ahte and kill and be bigots leaglly.
What
the
hell
was
THAT?
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217202 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. My father always told me when I got in trouble "It's the Irish in you." My mother said it was the Italian but of course it was both.
What she meant was that your dad would have his italian sausage in your mouth or butt Frances, you dummy. Remember as he was sweaty and wearing his man beater when he would bend you over the kitchen table and use his Italian sausage on you remember Frances? Now we know why all the anger you hold boi
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#217203 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
What Iran would like is a dumbass meathead that don't know squat to make America look bad, that would be you.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217204 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My father's brother married a Finnish woman and called my cousins "Finny Guineas". It was fun growing up in Brooklyn on the 50's. All our parents were first or second generation immigrants.
lol .. what was so fun of being humiliated you "Guinea" what an itioe you are
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#217205 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they can spell.
He keeps it entertaining.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217207 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
Huh?
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217208 Sep 20, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom and equality are human constructs.
Is it an obsession of your precious drowning polar bears? Cats? Dogs? Dolphins?
Are other animals so deeply mentally disturbed that they Celebrate Diversity by attacking those with different views?
Imbecile.
So your against freedom and equality then?

Or do you support freedom and equality?
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#217209 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That stuff never happened to me, must have been rough for you. Which genes did you blame?
LOL!!!
Liar!!!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217210 Sep 20, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>What Iran would like is a dumbass meathead that don't know squat to make America look bad, that would be you.
I love freedom and equality and justice for all...I don't fit in Iran...But sure you would.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217211 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So your against freedom and equality then?
Or do you support freedom and equality?
I've seen the freedom and equality as dished out by you Diversity Fascists. It's all over this very thread.

No freedom and equality for Caligula or knee-grows with nightsticks.

Imbecile.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#217212 Sep 20, 2013
First Circuit court of appeals: "Although the House Report is filled with encomia to heterosexual marriage, DOMA does not increase benefits to opposite-sex couples--whose marriages may in any event be childless, unstable or both--or explain how denying benefits to same-sex couples will reinforce heterosexual marriage. Certainly, the denial will not affect the gender choices of those seeking marriage. This is not merely a matter of poor fit of remedy to perceived problem, Lee Optical, 348 U.S. at 487-88; City of Cleburne, 473 U.S. at 446-50, but a lack of any demonstrated connection between DOMA's treatment of same-sex couples and its asserted goal of strengthening the bonds and benefits to society of heterosexual marriage."

http://www.ca1.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/getopn.pl...
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#217213 Sep 20, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen the freedom and equality as dished out by you Diversity Fascists. It's all over this very thread.
No freedom and equality for Caligula or knee-grows with nightsticks.
Imbecile.
Wow....just wow...Look at laughing mans post...NAZI FASCISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE KKK DEEP SOUTH.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#217214 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow....just wow...Look at laughing mans post...NAZI FASCISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE KKK DEEP SOUTH.
They want the right to deny rights to others, they only pretend to be Americans.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#217215 Sep 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, lookit at the mindless babbling. Maybe you should go to the Emergency Room and have your estrogen levels checked, lady.

And once again, let me remind all you self anointed "enlightened" types that the Klan is Democraps.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#217216 Sep 20, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
We'll tell you all about it tomorrow if you're sober.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#217217 Sep 20, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!!!
Pants on fire!

While trying to discuss the issue with a jarhead, the discussion of course quickly disintegrated into it's ridiculous and inevitable conclusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••