Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
186,761 - 186,780 of 200,607 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#215691 Sep 10, 2013
You got thrown back, too small. Grow up I'll catch you again.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#215692 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is that abortion justifies deadly inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex?
What about outlawing them both as barbaric uncivilized behavior???
Duh...
Anal sex involves consenting adults. Abortion involves a fetus that has no say in the matter. I would think even a great moron such as yourself could see that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215693 Sep 10, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>I know, kinda hurt my feelings to tap him down a notch.(not really) Check out duhs posts,(there) they're priceless.
Duh says "your" dumb to me all the time. The irony escapes him.

Knoxville, TN

#215695 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But in the end?
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
You can't do a damn thing to change it.
Smirk.
We don't care to change it. We like being duplicate-gendered couples. We aren't sterile in the true sense of the word, but I get your point. We tend to have fewer children in our homes compared to heterosexuals.

That doesn't bother me. Why does it bother you so much? Why do you care if two men or two women decide to get together and become married?

There have been thousands (tens of thousands?) of gay marriages over the past decade or so. And I see that you're still married. You're capable of getting on here and rant. So gay marriages have had no impact on your life.

Unless... Did your son get married to a man? Is he looking to get married to a guy? Is he dating one?

Maybe that's why you're so bothered by all of this.
Posted Here

Monrovia, CA

#215696 Sep 10, 2013
If it's not worth repeating or posting anywhere else then is OK to leave it here, that's an Order!
Denier

Monrovia, CA

#215697 Sep 10, 2013
http://site.pfaw.org/site/R ...

Just in case you forgot:

* Cuccinelli said gay people have no souls.

* He compared immigration policy to pest control.

* He is, no exaggeration, as anti-choice as Todd Akin, Trent
Franks or any right-wing zealot out there.

* A global warming denier, he led a witch hunt against a climate
scientist.

* As attorney general, he's repeatedly set the standard for
Tea Party obstruction at the state-level of health care reform
and other federal law hated by the Far Right.

Randy Borntrager, Political Director
Gustavo

Highland, CA

#215698 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
MARRIAGE IS NOT ABOUT CHILDREN.....Now tell me how two men marrying each other effects you or anyone outside that marriage...
STFU ... you've been told many times how it will affect normal citizens. We don't want to pay extra for your special needs, like unisex toilets etc.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#215699 Sep 10, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow your stupid. Yes bad dangerous things should be illegal...
NOW TELL ME HOW SSM IS DANGEROUS OR BAD.....Not using religion since using religion for law or rule is against the Constitution....
What's the compelling state interest in its legal recognition?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#215701 Sep 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't care to change it. We like being duplicate-gendered couples. We aren't sterile in the true sense of the word, but I get your point. We tend to have fewer children in our homes compared to heterosexuals.
That doesn't bother me. Why does it bother you so much? Why do you care if two men or two women decide to get together and become married?
There have been thousands (tens of thousands?) of gay marriages over the past decade or so. And I see that you're still married. You're capable of getting on here and rant. So gay marriages have had no impact on your life.
Unless... Did your son get married to a man? Is he looking to get married to a guy? Is he dating one?
Maybe that's why you're so bothered by all of this.
By that reasoning any number of relationships could be designated "marriage". Why only same sex?
Posted Here

Monrovia, CA

#215703 Sep 10, 2013
Quick get me another post-it, I'm running out of ink.
Sports wagon

Monrovia, CA

#215704 Sep 10, 2013

Just in case you forgot:

* Cuccinelli said gay people have no souls.

* He compared immigration policy to pest control.

* He is, no exaggeration, as anti-choice as Todd Akin, Trent
Franks or any right-wing zealot out there.

* A global warming denier, he led a witch hunt against a climate
scientist.

* As attorney general, he's repeatedly set the standard for
Tea Party obstruction at the state-level of health care reform
and other federal law hated by the Far Right.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#215705 Sep 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
By that reasoning any number of relationships could be designated "marriage". Why only same sex?
And that is the big money question none of these silly jackasses has ever been able to answer. All they say is we are a hateful bigots for asking it. Cute.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#215706 Sep 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex involves consenting adults. Abortion involves a fetus that has no say in the matter. I would think even a great moron such as yourself could see that.
You still attempted to justify one harmful act by citing a worse. Childish and idiotic.

Now you want to excuse a harmful act because consenting adults do it.
it.

Oh, and then not discuss how foolish it is to equate with the intimacy of marriage!

The depraved moron is you.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#215710 Sep 10, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>And you say I don't get it? You have no idea about the statement that you are answering to.
you have no idea about the topic or the conversation.

go back and play outside on that dirt road that runs alongside your house. the farmers will be comeing home soon with their tractors - that means dinner time is soon. better go wash up, too, while you're at it.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#215711 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry honey, its not the law , but brother is it an opinion. Your calling a scientific fact one only exposes you are blonde.
you're stating your opinion which has nothing to do with the law.

good luck.

Knoxville, TN

#215712 Sep 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You still attempted to justify one harmful act by citing a worse. Childish and idiotic.
Now you want to excuse a harmful act because consenting adults do it.
it.
Oh, and then not discuss how foolish it is to equate with the intimacy of marriage!
The depraved moron is you.
Anal sex is an act that has risks just as driving. And let's not forget that vaginal sex has risks too. So many women and women transmit HPV back and forth--even in marriage.

The CDC says that "HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women get it at some point in their lives. This is true even for people who only have sex with one person in their lifetime".

As you're aware, HPV can cause any number of issues, including cancer. WebMD reports "...virtually all cervical cancers -- more than 99%-- are caused by these high-risk HPV viruses". The American Cancer Society predicts that about 12,170 women will find out they have cervical cancer in the U.S. this year.

There's only one sure way to eliminate any chance of HPV infection: Avoid all genital contact with another person. Should we outlaw heterosexual vaginal sex?

Knoxville, TN

#215713 Sep 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Because only same-sex partners have sought legal marriage to date.
Three Blind Gays

Burbank, CA

#215714 Sep 10, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we will see what happens over the next year or so.......it seems that your supposed "30" states might not be "30" by the end of 2016!!!
By the way, people have posted information to you to disprove what you write......all folks like you do is call it corrupt!!!
We will see what happens over by 2016...it seems that your supposed 10 states are all suspect.

By the way people have posted information to you to disprove that you write and you choose to blindly ignore all fact....all gays like you do is call it bias!!! When you gays get even one state constitution to include same same sex marriage then we will take note.
Three Blind Gays

Burbank, CA

#215715 Sep 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is an act that has risks just as driving. And let's not forget that vaginal sex has risks too. So many women and women transmit HPV back and forth--even in marriage.
The CDC says that "HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women get it at some point in their lives. This is true even for people who only have sex with one person in their lifetime".
I see you are on of those gays who hate the elephant in the room, HIV. 80% of people with gays are gay men and 95% of the HIV cases were due to direct or indirect MSM.

Lesbians have the highest rate of breast cancer and have almost twice the number of HPV cases as straight women while only been .00005% of the population
Three Blind Gays

Burbank, CA

#215716 Sep 10, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you're stating your opinion which has nothing to do with the law.
good luck.
As typical of all gays, all you ever do is state your dreams which have nothing to do with the law. So dream on dreamer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Brett Weir 15,965
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 15 hr napalmers 7,933
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000