Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
185,221 - 185,240 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Mikey

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
<quoted text>
I would never want to do that, please show me the 'bigoted twirl'.
I can't wait...
<quoted text>
Can't back up the claim of bigoted twirl?
Nor will you be able to back up the assertion that I 'stole' the words.
Please, provide proof.
Smile.
I already did asstroll, can't even remember who you're posting to. Maybe you should go do some sphincter exercises to tighten up that new one I just gave you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it seems you need pity, concise soundbytes to parrot...thinking may certainly not be your forte, huh?(silent 'e' please on the forte, we are not talking italian music terms here...)
Are you still working on providing that post where you "proved me wrong"? Or are you just hoping I forget that it doesn't exist and that you lied? Let me know, m'kay?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does being confined to a wheelchair make you incapable of reading? Maybe your brain is located somewhere in the vicinity of your ass. Maybe when you lost your ability to walk, you also lost your ability to concentrate.
It's the only explanation I can come up with.
Well, the other explanation is that you're just a dick. That's another possibility.
I read well. Your post was too long and boring to bother with. It was truly too wordy. You could have said the same thing with 1/3 the words.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does being confined to a wheelchair make you incapable of reading? Maybe your brain is located somewhere in the vicinity of your ass. Maybe when you lost your ability to walk, you also lost your ability to concentrate.
It's the only explanation I can come up with.
Well, the other explanation is that you're just a dick. That's another possibility.
You are correct to all the above assumptions.
Mikey

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Little? I'm 6 foot tall 225 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal!
And yes, what about poly and incest? The pink elephants in the rainbow room.
And you had the audacity to called me a liar? Don't you mean 350lbs Pappy? You've got lug nuts on those wheels!
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, it seems you need pity, concise soundbytes to parrot...thinking may certainly not be your forte, huh?(silent 'e' please on the forte, we are not talking italian music terms here...)
I would not leave your dog alone with Frankie. Frankie is a sick puppy, if you know what I mean ... he already refered to the dog as your wife! lol

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I read well. Your post was too long and boring to bother with. It was truly too wordy. You could have said the same thing with 1/3 the words.
A Very Vermillion lite..........in the loafers maybe...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lovely sentiment. It's also an incredible load of crap.
It states no verifiable facts, only saccharine feelings.
--"A miraculous union of two genders"--Obviously a union can involve two men or two women. The statistics I found indicate that there are about 770,000 same-sex couples in the U.S.
Also, there's nothing miraculous about the union of two genders. Billions of people do it each year. A miracle is a rare event. It is "a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature."
So, if you want to split hairs, same-sex relationships are much more rare than opposite-sex relationships. One could argue that same-sex relationships are more of a miracle than opposite-sex relationships.
--"A unions so profound it is described as the union of Mars and Venus."--Venus is the Roman goddess of love. Mars is the Roman god of war. Sounds like a hellish relationship to me.
In Roman mythology, Venus and Mars do not marry. In fact, Venus is married to Vulcan. But Venus and Mars have an affair. They end up hav... e god". You don't get to impose your beliefs or standards on anyone but you and your wife (God love her soul). Thirdly, you continue to make this into some kind of a competition--claiming that heterosexual marriages are MORE real, MORE loving, MORE unique, MORE, MORE, MORE... And that's just a bunch of childish bullshit. Heterosexual marriages are different than homosexual marriages only because of the gender composition. Both can and do have families. Both are based on love. This isn't a race, Kim. Only YOU have made it into one. It makes you pathetic and small.
Finally, you try to rise to the occasion. Too bad you come off as a limp dick once again...

1.'No verifiable facts'? Then what did you respond to? Which of any single one of those statements is a common understanding about marriage?

2. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus sold over 500 million copies. The analogy was not new to them. Perhaps a unmarried gay is why you have trouble understanding the analogy???

There are 770,000 duplicate gendered halves of marriage in the US. Uranus and Uranus, not united, but colliding.

3. A marriage not only reunites us to the very roots of earliest life, it provides the best (never said the only) setting in the present for the future of every single society. No other relationship holds that distinction. You discount and disconnect that? Your solution is 'one night stands'??? DAmn you are gay...

4. The blend of masculinity and femininity is the same as a duplicate half? I sure hope you don't give out medicine for your 'profession'! Oh, and don't join a debate team, that'd be pure embarrassing.

5. "The wisdom of logic and intuition united. Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced. Protection and nurture combined as one."--Now this is just a bunch of sexist bullshit."

In other words, you have no rational argument. And yes, it is sexist. That was the point. And the difference.

6. "A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders."--whatever"

But you are doubling down on stupid to equate to 'whatever'???

That makes sense to you???

Finally;

If you want 'equal' rights, yes, you do have to equate.

Second, I didn't throw out any 'rules'. Where in the hell did you pull that from? Those are simple facts.

Third, again, where did 'more' come from? I listed pure distinctions. Things that ss couples are not even in competition for.

This isn't a race, VV. Only YOU have made it into one. It makes you pathetic and small.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
In the end,
a union so profound,
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you admit to creating a post that was totally false...again?
maybe you were not thinking clearly trying to find some bit of proof from your previous bullshit post...
still nothing on that front yet, just your prejudice and bigotry to show the world? so sad, so ugly of a human...
Gosh, I get lots of compliments for it on FB.

You still have no reasoned response.

I didn't expect it from a blonde lesbian.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
In the end,
a union so profound,
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I already did asstroll, can't even remember who you're posting to. Maybe you should go do some sphincter exercises to tighten up that new one I just gave you.
I can't remember you reasoned response because you never gave one.

Smile.
Yourss

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Just where did you leave your Pick-Fords?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
In the end,
a union so profound,
<quoted text>
Gosh, I get lots of compliments for it on FB.
You still have no reasoned response.
I didn't expect it from a blonde lesbian.
yes, i gave you a reasoned response, it is incorrect in almost every aspect when you add on that tacky, prejudiced, bigoted last line...

but then it seems prejudice and bigotry are all you have in your life, doesn't it? that must be an ugly life...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
In the end,
a union so profound,
<quoted text>
I can't remember you reasoned response because you never gave one.
Smile.
Mikey lies.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not leave your dog alone with Frankie. Frankie is a sick puppy, if you know what I mean ... he already refered to the dog as your wife! lol
yeah, Dexter can take care of himself quite well, but he thanx you for your concern...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you admit to creating a post that was totally false...again?
maybe you were not thinking clearly trying to find some bit of proof from your previous bullshit post...
still nothing on that front yet, just your prejudice and bigotry to show the world? so sad, so ugly of a human...
Aw, you're sad.

Knock Worts

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Shameful is an under statement, blithering idiots is more like it, bunch of blue hair babbling fools.

The stutter, they forget and they lie to the ceiling and don't know squat about rules and procedure's of running a city council meeting at all.

Just their appearance at any meeting is demeaning to the words "and justice for all" such a poor example of forward looking.

Watch them get put in their place during a August 27, 2013 city council meeting, but you need to be there since the camera operators are instructed to turn the camera away if any city council members does something stupid, which happens every waking minute of the meeting.

ci.glendora.ca.us/ they have a selection of repeat performance on video log you can view from your computer screen comes with audio too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text> And you had the audacity to called me a liar? Don't you mean 350lbs Pappy? You've got lug nuts on those wheels!
No. 225 lbs. Did I stutter?

But enough about that silly stuff let's talk about you, will you be posting anything of substance today? Or just more anger and lame ad hominem insults? Let me know, m'kay?

P.S. I would steal your g.f. if she wasn't such a DOG!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, Dexter can take care of himself quite well, but he thanx you for your concern...
Great argument.

But you were fetching that post where you proved me wrong, remember? I didn't.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, you're sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0tdsL4kvp_IXX
no, just not stupid enough to buy into obvious bullshit Kimare can't back up with any facts...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, just not stupid enough to buy into obvious bullshit Kimare can't back up with any facts...
But you said you were sad about it. Just trying to cheer you up! How do you like me so far?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr Donny B 7,922
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Mon Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Mon sex 692
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Aug 24 Mono 4,996
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE