Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201820 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213182 Aug 29, 2013
What happened to Dan? Hope he didn't blow a gasket or something. Reminds me of a joke where Dan went up to Alaska in his snowmobile and blew a seal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213183 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason no one would think Valvoline's 10/40 synthetic motor oil would perform the same function as Ex Lax during periods of constipation.
It's called bullshit friend.
Speaking of bullsh!t, you're saying gay marriage is a right, but incest marriage is not a right.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213184 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They. Right. Earlier you said "we".
I don't care Frankie, you are wrong about everything else you say, you might as well be wrong about this too.

perfect score that way

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213185 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to know you are looking out for Hawaii.
Here is a brief synopsis of my 25 years there.
We moved on an average of every two years because we rented until the last seven years. I was in my mid forties when we bought our first home. Instead of $1,200 rent, I paid $1,300 mortgage. That was in 98.
I worked as a hotel night auditor and house painter for the first 10 years, pastoring without pay.
I experienced during that time being a minority,'f---ing hoale', because of my skin color.'Haole boy' went from being a slur to a term of affection.
We fostered almost ten children along with raising two sons during that time. Without one dime of assistance.
I was a founding member, and eventually President of the following non-profit community services, all without a single penny of compensation;
Crosslines ~ A food pantry run from the back of the Catholic Church that also provided rent/utilities/medical/dental/ housing assistance. This was one of the ministries that Pat Robertson assisted. He never turned down a request.
Love INC ~ A World Vision community program. We enlisted nearly 30 churches and assessed volunteers from those congregations to provide any kind of assistance needed. The Church I pastored also provided space for the office.
Homeless Task Force ~ Kona had numerous homeless people and families. We acquired a piece of property and built temporary housing.
The Help Center ~ Provided help to teens and their families at the local high school.
The Pregnancy Center ~ Help for pregnant woman. Free ultra-sound. Support for single mothers.
Our congregation took 10% of monthly giving and gave it away to needs we were aware of in the community.
Personally I would recruit volunteers to help people moving. With most local people renting, stressful moves happened often. I also made sure that single mothers and widows had car and home repairs addressed. If I could not do it myself, I would assist in getting it done.
I ended up moving to Hawaii because a Minister asked me to come help him. At the time I was janitor and youth pastor in Rockford, IL. It was totally out of the blue, I had never even imagined doing such a thing.
We left our family and friends for 25 years. We would go into debt every 3 years to return and visit. I retired after pastoring the same Church for 20 years.
I hope that answers your judg... questions.
So what? You were a pastor. Did you think you were going to become a multimillionaire?

I'll give you credit for the work you did. It sounds righteous.

So, at what point did you turn into a gay-fearing/hating, know-it-all about marriage? What part of being a painter, janitor, hotel night auditor, and pastor makes you an expert on what causes homosexuality, whether or not it is a disorder, and whether or not it should be cured?

Seems like all of that work would have taught you a thing or two about humility--something that I have NEVER seen you express here.

You've got life experience under your belt, but you aren't an expert. You don't hold the keys to the universe. And NONE of what you said should make you feel as though be a member of the "moral intruders"; telling gay people how they should live their lives.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213186 Aug 29, 2013
Dan, Jizzy, Veryverbose and Big D walk into a bar. The bartender says "Get the hell out of here."

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213187 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care Frankie, you are wrong about everything else you say, you might as well be wrong about this too.
perfect score that way
Get a real argument. "You are wrong." doesn't cut it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213188 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny isn't it. The fact we can see the truths in this topic of gays marrying labels us as gay when it has nothing to do with it.
Odd thing is I myself was against gay marriage a few years ago until I gave it actual thought but I doubt these fools who barricade themselves from all the facts want to know that either.
Your posts are insightful, clear and crisp. You won't reach those unwilling to know the earth is not flat however. I face the same.
LOL!!!
It is such a deadly insult to them they think it will be for a normal person ( by normal I mean not a homophobic bigot ). I honestly don't care if they think I am gay or not.

I don't remember a time when I was opposed to same sex marriage, but I am old and my memory is not what it used to be. I have been for equal rights for as long as I can remember.

I don't think this was much of a topic before a few years ago, probably never came up much.

Knoxville, TN

#213189 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the voice in your head is short sighted, the missed boat is all yours. Again.
Jude 1:7 (NASB)
7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
<quoted text>
First, you tried to deceive. I called you on it.
Second, you used the Bible first. Now it is invalid???
Third, there is no conflict. The incident clearly shows just how inhospitality showed up when visitors came.
No fear, no mongering. Just simple common sense.
You, on the other hand, distort and desecrate something you assert you believe in. It is reprobate behavior.
Here's a novel concept... I have never said that I do not believe that the Books of the Bible are useless; that there isn't wisdom found within their pages.

What I have repeatedly said is that YOU and others seem to rely SO HEAVILY on it that you've forgotten that there are other options of getting direction from God--namely prayer and communion with the Holy Spirit.

I have said that we should get our PRIMARY guidance from God--not from a collection of books that have been translated numerous times into various languages; leaving each translation a slightly different hue than the one before!

It's not a matter of "either/or".

Knoxville, TN

#213190 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...
Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;
Ss couples have it harder.
That's your superiority?
Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.
But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.
Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
"In the End" is a poem that flies from "Out of Your End".

Perhaps you skipped my summation in my previous post, so I will repost it; leaving you no doubt about the usefulness of determining which type of relationship is "superior".

"You seem to think that heterosexual relationships that end in marriage are unique. Yes they are. But their uniqueness DOES NOT equate superiority.
This is not a race. It is not a competition in which one type of relationship is judged to be superior to all others. That is an immature and childish perspective. It is one group trying to demean another group. And there is no other human characteristic that is more disgusting."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213191 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is such a deadly insult to them they think it will be for a normal person ( by normal I mean not a homophobic bigot ). I honestly don't care if they think I am gay or not.
I don't remember a time when I was opposed to same sex marriage, but I am old and my memory is not what it used to be. I have been for equal rights for as long as I can remember.
I don't think this was much of a topic before a few years ago, probably never came up much.
One of the first gay men I knew I met in Vietnam. He was very brave. His bravery inspired bravery in me when I could have gone either way. We are still friends almost 50 years later. So "they" (I assume I'm one of "them") don't think gay is an insult at all.
well

Round Lake, IL

#213192 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I experienced during that time being a minority,'f---ing hoale', because of my skin color.'Haole boy' went from being a slur to a term of affection.
We fostered almost ten children along with raising two sons during that time. Without one dime of assistance.

I ended up moving to Hawaii because a Minister asked me to come help him. At the time I was janitor and youth pastor in Rockford, IL. It was totally out of the blue, I had never even imagined doing such a thing.
We left our family and friends for 25 years. We would go into debt every 3 years to return and visit. I retired after pastoring the same Church for 20 years.
I hope that answers your judg... questions.
You certainly like to toot your own horn, don't you?

How do you foster "almost ten children", that is kind of an odd statement isn't it?

Being a Pastor and serving others turned you into a bitter, angry old man that only lives to demean others on Topix...Why?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213193 Aug 29, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly like to toot your own horn, don't you?
How do you foster "almost ten children", that is kind of an odd statement isn't it?
Being a Pastor and serving others turned you into a bitter, angry old man that only lives to demean others on Topix...Why?
Why are you a bitter angry old man living to demean others on Topix? "well" asked, trying to demean him on Topix.
Cana dan

Monrovia, CA

#213194 Aug 29, 2013
Ice blue in shaded, shades.
well

Round Lake, IL

#213195 Aug 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a bitter angry old man living to demean others on Topix? "well" asked, trying to demean him on Topix.
Whats the matter Frankie, do you recognize yourself in that statement?
Father Tryte

Sonoma, CA

#213196 Aug 29, 2013
Let the end come soon wrote:
Liberals are anti-God. He is an intellectually dishonest, unprincipled, mentally immature, spoiled child who is forever in search of a world without moral consequence. That is why the Liberal makes "The State" his god. The Liberal worships THE STATE. The Liberal attempts to use his god (government) to eliminate all moral consequences for immoral behavior. In the name of "Justice," the Liberal also pretends to make his god (The State) "level" all peoples so that the wise or the beautiful or the genius will have no advantage over the unwise, the ugly and the simpleton in the marketplace. The Liberal calls this tyrannical State of Government, UTOPIA.
Get with the news; god done run off and joined the martian sand sailors for an extended frolic, way back. We priests are assured that nothing means much, particularly true of you poor mean spirited no-wit dims who are screaming "I izza fundredemenndtalyste, me...over here". Do the laundry, then dry up. Stop with the collossaly boring use of supposed scripture to underwrite your inner urgings to lash out at any poor bloke
who thinks. God be gone; you could live with it...or be gone el ditto, pronto.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213197 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
I usually ignore him and you.
Smile.
Yet you replied to both of us.
*snicker*
Cana dan

Monrovia, CA

#213199 Aug 29, 2013
Ice blue in shaded, shades of hard ice cubes.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213201 Aug 29, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do not like my post, then move on, for I have not critized your post.
I hereby criticize ALL your dumbazz posts, Suzanne Henderson, you F-Ho.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213202 Aug 29, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read alot of your posts and I do not believe that you are on the forum to discuss like alot of the people on the forum. It seems as though you want to argue or call people names. It would certainly be nice if people out there could somehow find a way to respect each others opinions. Is this the way you treat your family? People that do these things are usually very unhappy about their lives and hurt others. Make a change in your life and ask Christ to come into your life and you will never regret what the Holy Spirit can do for you.
Just shutup you stupid f-ho skank.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213203 Aug 29, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the matter Frankie, do you recognize yourself in that statement?
No. I just recognize you whining about him demeaning you while you demean him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plus Size clothes - Draper's & Damon's Jun 28 Tracy 2
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Jun 26 Mr Jon Doe 49
News Statues Of Virgin Mary Beheaded, Jesus Christ D... Jun 26 inewsmaster 1
Touch Of Class Consignment (Cathedral City, Ca. Jun 25 Jgreen 7
News Chinese tourists power-shopping in U.S. (Aug '13) Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 14
need some ideas or direction Jun 23 deserthelp 1
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Jun 23 Ron T 12
More from around the web

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages