Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213009 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...Jesus didnít say anything at all about same sex marriage.
Exactly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213010 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
... You are unimportant.
<
"You are unimportant". Jonah1 declared testily in an angry rant against him.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#213011 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You, him, me and about 200,000 plus are in a slice of the anonymous internet known as 'TOPIX' genius. It doesn't take much balls on your behalf either to post in here so give it a rest buttercup.
LOL!!!
So, you condone the publication of posters personal info?

Wooster, OH

#213012 Aug 29, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>Fact: An @nus is a garbage chute. Not meant for sexual gratification.
Fact.
If you cannot fathom a basic fact, then you have no business debating/arguing with your betters.
Geuss I'm back to being censored...
Ah... A censored post.

Wooster, OH

#213013 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Go on. Tell me "no" when I buy another yellow sportscar because you happen to not like fast cars sporting the colors of the mighty dandelion.
I'll grease my undercarriage with your dragging carcass as you attempt to stop me.
It's none of your business sunshine to tell same sexed couples not to marry.
Gawd DAMN you're a dumbfuck....LOL!!!
I officially "Tell you "no" when you think that you should buy another yellow sportscar, because I happen to not like fast cars sporting the colors of the mighty dandelion...and shit."
There...please, Dan, run me over.....do it now...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213014 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW it looks like HI will go before the end of the year, you will have lost 3 states in one year and be down to 35 soon... not bad.
Oh no!

P.S. Where's it going? I thought it was anchored down pretty good to the ocean floor. Hope it's going towards the maialand, fights will be cheaper.

Wooster, OH

#213015 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots and lots of religions sport...not to mention versions or spirituality.
...Was there some little kind of point that you were trying to make, sugar?
Shaddup, before I backhand you...

Wooster, OH

#213016 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Go on. Tell me "no" when I buy another yellow sportscar because you happen to not like fast cars sporting the colors of the mighty dandelion.
I'll grease my undercarriage with your dragging carcass as you attempt to stop me.
It's none of your business sunshine to tell same sexed couples not to marry.
Gawd DAMN you're a dumbfuck....LOL!!!
"I'll grease my undercarriage with your dragging carcass as you attempt to stop me." Ooohhh, you're so wuff and tuff....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213017 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, is he the best they got. His info is convoluted and misconstrued. In fact, same sex marriage is equivalent to the 5th marriage of a man and woman, at age 80. Holding on for dear life, hoping that the survivor gets the financial and federal benefit, while assured of no biological offspring to get in the way. In other words, it is a counterfeit of a normal marriage.
It is like gay adoption, it only can be weighed in worse case scenarios.
Jizzy just repeats stuff he hears from his heroes. He's funny.

Wooster, OH

#213018 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If shoe size can really be determined by dick length I'd suspect your threat is about as scary as a one toothed squirrel barking warnings from the top branch of an old oak tree friend.
LOL!!!
..I was wondering when those lame embellishments would return....
Like a bad penny minted on a bad day and transported by an old armored car........blah blah blah......

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#213019 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, we are up to 37 states and still rising.
New Mexico is not a SSM state, but you know, that but would rather lie. All New Mexico has to do is change their marriage laws in those two counties, to make them same sex exclusive. You know, that is called a state DOMA.
Ah look, another blow for the fundies!!!

Chomp on it!! The state of the marriage trumps the state of residency!! Your beloved 36 will be gone in no time!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/same...
Weekends

Monrovia, CA

#213020 Aug 29, 2013
Hot weekend ahead for all.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213021 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said no such thing about not judging. In fact, Jesus judge the devil as your father. He said that 'Ye are of your father, judging, the works that he does, you do the same, judging."
Jesus absolutely did say a lot about same sex marriage, by denying it had an existence. Jesus said as written in Genesis marriage is man and a woman, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother and cling to his wife.
In fact, Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Buddhism all call homosexuality acts a sin and they oppose same sex marriage.
You could try Wicca, if you are looking for a religion that agrees with you rather than instructs you.
so you havenít actually read your bible

I have, not that I think it is any more than a fantasy, but I obviously have read it more than you have.

Those arenít all the religions, The Volcano God doesnít mind as long as you toss in a virgin, FSM supports it.

Not that I care what any religion thinks
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#213022 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I think you can not read. I say that it was shot down by the gay judge and that was once. The CSSC simply enforced the Walker ruling and refused to hear the clerk's request. This was based on the fact that SCOTUS ruled that the proponents did not have standing to defend Prop 8. This is all part of the same case. The San Diego County clerk would have had to prove standing, which he did not do.
Gays have taken a backhanded approach and circumvented the people who elect officials and it will come back to bite them. Just like gays did not roll over in 1996 and kept plodding and plotting to get around the law. The 13 states you have acquired do not validate SSM no more than that the 13 slave states validated slavery.
A valid position is one that you can easily defend. You all seem to be struggling much here.
The laws are what they are, in 14 states and Washington DC, Same sex marriage is legal, including California. Now perhaps you people should learn how to construct a law that is not in violation of the US,Constitution. That being said the last two that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it.

Location hidden

#213023 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Let me see. Name calling,attempted insults, ranting, calling folks fundies, I kinda think those of evidence of anger.
Actually it's just evidence of how ridiculous we find you fundies to be. The "anger" is solely of your creation.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, if I have unsupported drivel, then your Ace card of supported documented medical sources, should trump me every time.
No dear, it's my experience that trumps you everytime. Did you know that there is no medical evidence of left-handidness? No gene found yet that explains it. But we all know it exists in about 10% of the population and is acted upon. How do we know that? From left handed people and their personal experience. Same for gays dear. Sorry you don't like that.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
But instead, all you offer is "fundie 101, "routine is tired", "unsupported drivel", alme and "desperate".
Come on, hero, show us that Ace card.
Your talking to him numbnuts. And others in the room as well. Perhaps if you weren't so busy pretending you know our personal experiences you would have known that already.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Defend the right to marry the same sex person of your choice and equality marriage:
That's already been done. We can't keep going back for you slow people, you will need to learn how to keep up.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you support same sex adult brothers marrying one another?
No, I don't support this any more than I would support you nailing your mother from behind, despite how much you want to.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
If not, why not? Hint: If you say that it is against the law or that it is socially unacceptable, then same sex marriage loses.
Um, lambchop,the marriages of same sex couples has nil to do with incest, so no loss has occurred. Your can take your imaginary rules and share them with the sheeple, no one else is playing by them.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that "Ace" card of supportive document evidence, which you dearly hold on to.
You can start with the APA. You know them right? You like to pretend their research doesn't exist or hasn't changed with advanced knowledge. No doubt you will reference political correctness and imagine that they were held at gun point to change their previous opinions on the matter! Or like a typical fundie you will try and besmirch their credibility, as if you were some type of authority!!!

In the end, I'm the homosexual, you aren't. That makes me the authority. What the APA or any other medical or scientific body knows about homosexuals and homosexuality comes directly from us.

How about you dipshyt? What supportive documentation do you have to support any of the stupidity you spout? Let's start with how sexual orientation is chosen. Present your documentation that supports this. Better yet, present a homosexual that states he/she chose to be homosexual! Get right back to us on that one asshat.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a debate forum, and like you said, you are not angry.
I'm not angry in the least. Watching you make a fool of yourself is actually quite funny!

Location hidden

#213024 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said no such thing about not judging. In fact, Jesus judge the devil as your father. He said that 'Ye are of your father, judging, the works that he does, you do the same, judging."
Jesus absolutely did say a lot about same sex marriage, by denying it had an existence. Jesus said as written in Genesis marriage is man and a woman, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother and cling to his wife.
In fact, Judaism, Catholicism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and Buddhism all call homosexuality acts a sin and they oppose same sex marriage.
You could try Wicca, if you are looking for a religion that agrees with you rather than instructs you.
Jesus said something in Genesis?!! LOL!!!! I imagine quite a few Jews will disagree!!!

BTW dummy, there are many Christian denominations that embrace gay people fully. Not all Christian denominations are fueled by discrimination and hatred.

Oh, and another FYI, there's no such thing as a "homosexual act". There are no acts that only gays can do, or do do. "Homosexual act" is nothing more than a fundie propaganda point.

Thanks for demonstrating yet again how stupid you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213025 Aug 29, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
..I was wondering when those lame embellishments would return....
Like a bad penny minted on a bad day and transported by an old armored car........blah blah blah......
I'm sorry I missed Dan when he was around posting his dopey schtick like that. Maybe I could have got him to threaten to beat me up in the Home Depot parking lot. Always good for a laugh or two.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213026 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said something in Genesis?!! LOL!!!! I imagine quite a few Jews will disagree!!!
BTW dummy, there are many Christian denominations that embrace gay people fully. Not all Christian denominations are fueled by discrimination and hatred.
Oh, and another FYI, there's no such thing as a "homosexual act". There are no acts that only gays can do, or do do. "Homosexual act" is nothing more than a fundie propaganda point.
Thanks for demonstrating yet again how stupid you are.
"embrace gay people fully" Whoa! Easy cowboy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213027 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's just evidence of how ridiculous we find you fundies to be. The "anger" is solely of your creation.
<quoted text>
No dear, it's my experience that trumps you everytime. Did you know that there is no medical evidence of left-handidness? No gene found yet that explains it. But we all know it exists in about 10% of the population and is acted upon. How do we know that? From left handed people and their personal experience. Same for gays dear. Sorry you don't like that.
<quoted text>
Your talking to him numbnuts. And others in the room as well. Perhaps if you weren't so busy pretending you know our personal experiences you would have known that already.
<quoted text>
That's already been done. We can't keep going back for you slow people, you will need to learn how to keep up.
<quoted text>
No, I don't support this any more than I would support you nailing your mother from behind, despite how much you want to.
<quoted text>
Um, lambchop,the marriages of same sex couples has nil to do with incest, so no loss has occurred. Your can take your imaginary rules and share them with the sheeple, no one else is playing by them.
<quoted text>
You can start with the APA. You know them right? You like to pretend their research doesn't exist or hasn't changed with advanced knowledge. No doubt you will reference political correctness and imagine that they were held at gun point to change their previous opinions on the matter! Or like a typical fundie you will try and besmirch their credibility, as if you were some type of authority!!!
In the end, I'm the homosexual, you aren't. That makes me the authority. What the APA or any other medical or scientific body knows about homosexuals and homosexuality comes directly from us.
How about you dipshyt? What supportive documentation do you have to support any of the stupidity you spout? Let's start with how sexual orientation is chosen. Present your documentation that supports this. Better yet, present a homosexual that states he/she chose to be homosexual! Get right back to us on that one asshat.
<quoted text>
I'm not angry in the least. Watching you make a fool of yourself is actually quite funny!
"I'm not angry in the least and you're making a fool of yourself" Jonah1 foolishly lied in a long angry rant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213028 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>The laws are what they are, in 14 states and Washington DC, Same sex marriage is legal, including California. Now perhaps you people should learn how to construct a law that is not in violation of the US,Constitution. That being said the last two that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it.
"...that where voted on with regaurds towards same sex marriage volated it."

Say what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Dec 23 Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11

Winter Storm Watch for Riverside County was issued at December 28 at 9:59PM PST

Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match