Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,186

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212911 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Moreover, I could give a rats ass about your opinion of me or him.
Just as California could give a rats ass of your opinion of same sex marriage in California which is legal and recognized as equal.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#212913 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
*****Sniff****
**********Sniff**********
-I smell the FOUL odor of hypocracy here...
LOL!!!
Good God idiot...everything you spell out claims you should be writing the rules when it comes to a basic freedom a grouping of Americans are demanding here.
Get lost.
If you do not like my post, then move on, for I have not critized your post.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212915 Aug 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I always found it a little suspect when a group of "Christians" decided to go to a tropical paradise to help the "needy".
Oh, don't get me wrong... I'm sure there are needy people in even the nicest locations on the planet.
But preaching the gospel in a seaside village in Hawaii is a far cry from helping those in remote, famine ravaged, locales where the death rate is about 150 time higher than it is here in the US.
I'm curious, Kim, why Hawaii? Why not the slums of India? Why not the parched and impoverished lands of Sub-Saharan Africa?
How "convenient" that God called you to go to paradise; taking money from Pat Robertson (of all people). He gets his money by begging for it on TV shows--taking it from many who can barely afford to give it--making them feel ashamed if they don't write checks--promising them that God will give them back ten times whatever they pledge.
And all the while he is one of the wealthiest men on the planet with a net worth of over $140 million.
Thanks, but not thanks... I'd rather be in cahoots with a snake than that man.
Doing missions work in Hawaii... Please!
God has called me to buy a Ferrari
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212916 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Book Of Common Sense.
Page 214, paragraph 2, 3rd sentence;
'Given the United States and the governing body it was founded on, the Constitution, one would be a fool to think one's version of Christianity should be held as a rulebook on how to determine law or live one's life let alone take anyone's religion on a factual basis rather then see it for what it is - an opinionated belief."
FYI
Page 215, paragraph 3, 4th sentence: Dan is a big loudmouthed dope. And a spun out post monkey.

LOL!
Carried away

Monrovia, CA

#212917 Aug 29, 2013
Mayor Steve Bateman of Homestead, Fla., was caught taking payments from a health care company to lobby city officials on its behalf.

He was hauled away from his home in handcuffs Wednesday on corruption charges, including accepting illegal compensation, becoming the third mayor of a Miami-Dade County.

I'm waiting for the entire city council of Glendora, California to be arrested and hauled away in handcuffs too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212918 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You also ignore the law, that same sex marriages are legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Hey Big D. Are same sex marriages legal and recognized on the state and federal level?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212919 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
God has called me to buy a Ferrari
God called you, eh? Collect? YUK!YUK!YUK!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#212920 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You also ignore the law, that same sex marriages are legal and recognized on the state and federal level.
Not at all.

I exposed the law as idiotic foolishness.

That is why you have no logical defense except a fraudulent piece of paper.

Location hidden

#212921 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay troll scoffing.
Your opinion.
Funny thing...I'm a man married to a woman. I have a trail of broken hearted women in my wake and have managed to have my gentle heart ripped apart by some female hotties as well.
Sigh.
By the way...you don't need a lawyer to get married.
It's none of your concern if Suzy wants to marry Elizabeth. You may not like it but there again you may not like the color painted on the house 3 doors down from you. Unfortunately for your sorry ass....like others lives it's not your house.
You lose sister.
We all know you are Jonah posing as a straight.

Snicker.
Kanga

Monrovia, CA

#212922 Aug 29, 2013
Kim Jong-un's ex-lover 'executed by firing squad'
was among a dozen well-known North Korean performers who were executed by firing squad nine days ago, trumped up charges were laid on them.

This is how he city of Glendora, California operates with is Kangaroo Court or what they call a justice system" also.

Location hidden

#212923 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it now.
Go ask the millions of divorcees who had their miraculous wife or husband beat them, take their money, cheat on them, etc.
Marriage is at best a romantic hope you'll be with the one you love until the sun sets and it takes one HELL of a lot of work.
I don't think you've ever been married you freak so how is it you can lay out the rulebook on life here?
Add to that there is no "reunion" unless you think in reincarnation in terms of marriage.
You're so far gone I doubt 3,219 engineers from NASA would be able to bring you back down to earth.
LOL!!!
A violation of vows eradicates the faithfulness of billions?

You expose your ignorance of marriage Jonah.

Location hidden

#212925 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as California could give a rats ass of your opinion of same sex marriage in California which is legal and recognized as equal.
You confuse a gay judge with the millions of Californians who voted my definition of marriage.

Twice!

Smile.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212926 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.. the "One righteous man" that urged the crowd to abuse his daughters ( the same ones he had himself later )
Its my guess he did not want them to be virgins. I wonder why the fundies skip over the incest part? Hittin a little close to home?
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212927 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You confuse a gay judge with the millions of Californians who voted my definition of marriage.
Twice!
Smile.
And shot down twice!

Big ol grin.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#212928 Aug 29, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise God for your comments Jerseyboy For Life and you are right it is SODOM AND GOMORRAH. This is a sign of the times, for God said in Second Chronicles Chapter 7 verse 14 and I quote: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." Some say this will only apply to the Hebrews, but in the New Testament, in the Book of Romans Chapter 2 verse 29, it says and I quote: "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, and not in the letter; whose Praise is not of men, but of God."
Oh look, the trailer park pastor's wife is back!! Hey Suzanne!! How you doing girl?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#212930 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know I'm more married all by myself
Your confusing the only sex you are having with marriage. They aren't the same thing jackass!! Smile!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212931 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Either that or I'm Mickey Mouse trying to increase his fan base.
You're more lost than a blind orphan looking for it's parents in a closed down department store on a Sunday night during a holiday.
LOL!!!
You're more dumb than a box of blind rusty hammers.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212932 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, the trailer park pastor's wife is back!! Hey Suzanne!! How you doing girl?
Oh look! The angry moron is back!! How you doing dummy?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212934 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Twice!
Smile.
You are confusing your opinion with law, the law is the law, you are just wrong.

Millions of Californiaís donít think a hateful and political organization like Christianity should be legal, does not make it illegal.

If that vote for same sex marriage were held today, your position would fall in a landslide.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212935 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Either that or I'm Mickey Mouse trying to increase his fan base.
Good luck Mickey! I'm a big fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web