Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,161 - 184,180 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty words... Prove it.
You know that there is a difference between a person who voluntarily wishes to change gender in order to satisfy him/herself and a person who is forced to change orientation in order to satisfy society.
Only someone with a serous pathology would insist that another person change their orientation against their will--so that others would be satisfied.
There is a saying that might help you to understand the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation. Sexual orientation indicates WHO YOU WANT TO GO TO BED WTIH. Gender identity is WHO YOU WANT TO GO TO BED AS.
And you don't force either.
You would NEVER force a boy to grow up as a girl. And you would NEVER force a gay (or straight) person to change who they are attracted to.
I hope this lesson helps you to not embarrass yourself in the future.
No need, you keep proving it over and over. Besides, all they have to do is read back a couple pages and see for themselves.

However, the bottom line is this; Big changes are coming. Science is quickly dealing with sexual disorders. Transgendered can be fixed. Now they may be able to address homosexuality and bi-sexuality before birth with epi-genetics. In a decade, this could all have been a pointless exercise of futility.

Either way, it will be futile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the difference between unrelated folks and relatives?
That's a little scary.
You don't know the difference between men and women? That's very scary.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Guess with her/him back (or just released) we get to relive those pitifully painful moronic days again. Woo hoo-good times.
It seems Rose_NoHo's medication has been adjusted well enough to allow her internet access again. Ah good times!~Whoop!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? Polygamy? Woman as chattel? Child weddings? Go back to banning interracial marriages? Arranged marriages?
Which form of historical marriage do you support? Or, are you willing to admit that the definition of legal marriages changes as society changes, and usually for the better.
No one is trying to change your marriage. Don't prevent mine.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. Why are you a hypocrite?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are apes, what other kind of face would I have? What kind of face do you have? A dog butt face?
Rose_NoHo.

As readers to this post know full well, I love my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my fellow dog lovers, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans. Even so, the honey of my own choosing has a cute puppy face. When he read your canineophobic post, he asked me to inquire of you what are going to do about it?

To my own mind, the issue is not those who go around spouting obvious canineophobic remarks. The issue is when is the politicized Government high court going to give my honey and I the same RIGHT to "marry" that our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and the non-Homosexual and Homosexual Africans enjoy.

Ronald
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Equal protection under the law. You know, 14th Amendment...
A man can marry a woman, a woman should be able to as well. A woman can marry a man, a man should be able to as well.
No, actually they shouldn't. Nature has shown us that 2 of the same gender are not complimentary. You should know that. There are obvious differences between men and women. You should know that, too.
iIt takes 1 of each to reproduce. You should know that. The 14th Amendment granted full membership in the human race to negroes. You, of all people, should know that, as well.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No need, you keep proving it over and over. Besides, all they have to do is read back a couple pages and see for themselves.
However, the bottom line is this; Big changes are coming. Science is quickly dealing with sexual disorders. Transgendered can be fixed. Now they may be able to address homosexuality and bi-sexuality before birth with epi-genetics. In a decade, this could all have been a pointless exercise of futility.
Either way, it will be futile.
Will never happen, then they will have to return their "gay card". You know, can't fire me for doing crappy work cuz I'm gay, can't talk back to me cuz I'm gay,everyone picks on me just cuz I'm gay. Even with a free pass they'd be miserable with their own self.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, even if I don't post for months, you can't get me out of your mind.
So, are you admitting there is no rational argument against gay marriage? That's reason enough to allow it.
You've been given plenty. You ignore them. You don't want to acknowledge them. You should provide us with reasons to allow it.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems Rose_NoHo's medication has been adjusted well enough to allow her internet access again. Ah good times!~Whoop!
Not so sure, sprinkles the tripper is missing and then moho appears?? Seems tranjenderic in ways.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why can't I marry my sister? Or both of them?(I can never choose which one is hotter! They are both SMOKIN' HOT).
Because Chongo said you can't.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually they shouldn't. Nature has shown us that 2 of the same gender are not complimentary. You should know that. There are obvious differences between men and women. You should know that, too.
iIt takes 1 of each to reproduce. You should know that. The 14th Amendment granted full membership in the human race to negroes. You, of all people, should know that, as well.
Man, you plot pooper, They said I missed the equal marriage part in the 14th and I was re-reading it to see, and thought it was just me not seeing the marriage part they was talkin 'bout.Dang
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been given plenty. You ignore them. You don't want to acknowledge them. You should provide us with reasons to allow it.
You mean "because I want to" ain't enough?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the difference between unrelated folks and relatives?
That's a little scary.
Understanding the difference is immaterial. What can it possibly matter, when discussing marriage?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one? Polygamy? Woman as chattel? Child weddings? Go back to banning interracial marriages? Arranged marriages?
Which form of historical marriage do you support? Or, are you willing to admit that the definition of legal marriages changes as society changes, and usually for the better.
No one is trying to change your marriage. Don't prevent mine.
I believe that Karma was making a valid point that had nothing to do with those red herrings that you threw in, in order to confuse the issue.
Even allowing your reds to stand, these include AT LEAST one of each gender.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why can't I marry my sister? Or both of them?(I can never choose which one is hotter! They are both SMOKIN' HOT).
Your sister's standards are too high. Nobody can marry someone against their will. Nobody can marry more than one person, so that's not an equal protection issue. Should you be able to marry more than one person? Hey, why not start a forum about that subject?
Ever notice that when you tried to make an argument against gay marriage, you never actually make and argument against gay marriage? You bring up other subjects.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_NoHo.
As readers to this post know full well, I love my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, my fellow dog lovers, and yes, even the Homosexual and non-Homosexual Africans. Even so, the honey of my own choosing has a cute puppy face. When he read your canineophobic post, he asked me to inquire of you what are going to do about it?
To my own mind, the issue is not those who go around spouting obvious canineophobic remarks. The issue is when is the politicized Government high court going to give my honey and I the same RIGHT to "marry" that our Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and the non-Homosexual and Homosexual Africans enjoy.
Ronald
Headline:
Brain eating parasites attack Ronald, starve to death.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Man, you plot pooper, They said I missed the equal marriage part in the 14th and I was re-reading it to see, and thought it was just me not seeing the marriage part they was talkin 'bout.Dang
No. You missed nothing, as it was not about people with gender identity issues. It was about the slaves.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>You mean "because I want to" ain't enough?
No. it isn't. Unless, of course, you are gay. Then, "I want" is all that you need....

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
iIt takes 1 of each to reproduce. You should know that.*racist slurs removed*.
But, stupid "not complimentary" is meaningless babble. There are obvious differences between any two people, even identical twins. That's not the issue. The issue is the 14th Amendment says all persons should get equal protection under the law. Even you.

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
For dinner tonight, I'm thinking Chik-fil-A! Pack up the whole fam-damily in the station wagon and go enjoy a delicious meal served by a fine family owned socially aware restaurant! Mmmmm!
Check out the new gay friendly menu! The chicken reach around wrap. The new fudge-packin' brownie for dessert.
Oh boy.
Good, the sooner you folks start dying off from eating that crap, the better!
BTW, most people into "fudge packing" are straight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 2 hr snodder 2,253
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 19 hr Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 21 hr Twilight sun 7,851
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 23 AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 23 Shellys Husband is Strong 635
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••