Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Hankies

Monrovia, CA

#212247 Aug 25, 2013
Your going to have to slow up Frankie, we are out of Hankies, the laughing madness has stuck every time you open up with one of your flaming jokes.

You should have stuck with Saturday Night Live.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212248 Aug 25, 2013
And, all of the "We're all the same" rhetoric that dismissed the concept of gender identity. And all of the "shining on" of the questions that it was asked, like: "If you think that 2 women should be able to marry, why can't a man marry one of those 2 women, after all, we all have the same rights, don't we?"
Ah, those were the days...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212249 Aug 25, 2013
Hankies wrote:
Your going to have to slow up Frankie, we are out of Hankies, the laughing madness has stuck every time you open up with one of your flaming jokes.
You should have stuck with Saturday Night Live.
Hankies went into a bar. The bartender said we just closed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#212250 Aug 25, 2013
Ah well, we're winding down, I guess.

Later, kids....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212251 Aug 25, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
And, all of the "We're all the same" rhetoric that dismissed the concept of gender identity. And all of the "shining on" of the questions that it was asked, like: "If you think that 2 women should be able to marry, why can't a man marry one of those 2 women, after all, we all have the same rights, don't we?"
Ah, those were the days...
I remember Jizzy used to suck up to her all the time and she'd just ignore the big dopey galoot.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212252 Aug 25, 2013
What was that old Rose_NoHo schtick about children? "Only morons care about children"? Something like that.
IOU member

Monrovia, CA

#212254 Aug 25, 2013
This always happens, the stuff always floats up tot he surface, that's the BS from the Republican, Tea Party, Nazi, Skin Heads:

Pat Buchanan: is a well known idiots or us member.

Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America Now.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#212255 Aug 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you did was validate my exposure of you as a liar.

Empty words... Prove it.

You know that there is a difference between a person who voluntarily wishes to change gender in order to satisfy him/herself and a person who is forced to change orientation in order to satisfy society.

Only someone with a serous pathology would insist that another person change their orientation against their will--so that others would be satisfied.

There is a saying that might help you to understand the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation. Sexual orientation indicates WHO YOU WANT TO GO TO BED WTIH. Gender identity is WHO YOU WANT TO GO TO BED AS.

And you don't force either.

You would NEVER force a boy to grow up as a girl. And you would NEVER force a gay (or straight) person to change who they are attracted to.

I hope this lesson helps you to not embarrass yourself in the future.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#212256 Aug 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or for it!
Wrong. Equal protection under the law. You know, 14th Amendment...
A man can marry a woman, a woman should be able to as well. A woman can marry a man, a man should be able to as well.
Kleenex

Monrovia, CA

#212257 Aug 25, 2013
Just send in some Kleenex instead

Los Angeles, CA

#212258 Aug 25, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, what do you know, ape-face? You got your wish. We've lost the gender tags on bathrooms. Just like you wanted.
Humans are apes, what other kind of face would I have? What kind of face do you have? A dog butt face?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212260 Aug 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
Wow, three years and 180,000 posts, and not one rational argument against gay marriage!
Whew, smaell that? smells like crusty street worn ho-staink. Whew!

Los Angeles, CA

#212261 Aug 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I remember when Rose_NoHo was the queen of this thread. She could blather no wrong. If she posted "that's a red fish!" or "you're a straw man!" her fans would marvel at her intelligence and wit.
Those days are long gone. She looks real silly now.
She just doesn't get it that it's not our place to tell her why not, it's her place to tell us why.
IOW, even if I don't post for months, you can't get me out of your mind.
So, are you admitting there is no rational argument against gay marriage? That's reason enough to allow it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212262 Aug 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
A man can marry a woman, a woman should be able to as well. A woman can marry a man, a man should be able to as well.
Then why can't I marry my sister? Or both of them?(I can never choose which one is hotter! They are both SMOKIN' HOT).
Clearlake, CA

#212263 Aug 25, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty words... Prove it.
You know that there is a difference between a person who voluntarily wishes to change gender in order to satisfy him/herself and a person who is forced to change orientation in order to satisfy society.
Only someone with a serous pathology would insist that another person change their orientation against their will--so that others would be satisfied.
There is a saying that might help you to understand the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation. Sexual orientation indicates WHO YOU WANT TO GO TO BED WTIH. Gender identity is WHO YOU WANT TO GO TO BED AS.
And you don't force either.
You would NEVER force a boy to grow up as a girl. And you would NEVER force a gay (or straight) person to change who they are attracted to.
I hope this lesson helps you to not embarrass yourself in the future.
Very nice.
Now, grow up to be whom you want to be, go to bed as whom you are, sleep with whomever you like, and keep it all to yourself......as quite frankly....I don't care.
Oh and btw, please stop trying to change the historical and the legal definition of marriage.
Marriage is the civil union between one man and one woman.

L/G marriage? can't be done.
Civil union between L/G couples? Sure, go for it. How about using the word "Gayrriage" to define it?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#212264 Aug 25, 2013
Love this town wrote:
Why do homosexuals get to use the name gay when their anything but? Why do they get to ruin a beautiful rainbow and claim it from the Hawaiians? They should be called clowns. A clown is colorful and flamboyant . If you've ever seen a gay pride parade it's pretty clownish, a bunch of jackasses looking like fools. How can I take you clowns serious?
Why do people have such a hard time distinguishing between the correct usage of the words their, there, and they're? That's kind of clownish if you ask me. If it's not clownish, it's certainly foolish.

You guys gave us the term "gay". It's kind of like the words "faggot", "queer", "Nancy boy", "sissy", etc. You want some pejorative word to use to identify homosexuals. We simply took the word "gay" and made it our own.

The rainbow that we use didn't come from the Hawaiians. Rather a man in San Francisco, Gilbert Baker, created the flag for the LGBT community in 1978. It signifies the diversity of the LGBT community. Each color represents a value cherished by the community: red (life), orange (healing), yellow (sunlight), green (nature), blue (harmony), and purple/violet (spirit).

Where you got that it was stolen from Hawaii is a mystery to me.

Finally, you call us "clownish", "jackasses", and "fools". I could apply the same comments to football, war, dating, any number of celebrations (i.e.: Mardi Gras), getting drunk, getting dressed, etc.

My guess is that you've made a clown or a fool of yourself at some point in your past.

Your post certainly showing us that you're capable of being a jackass.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212265 Aug 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Jizzy used to suck up to her all the time and she'd just ignore the big dopey galoot.
Guess with her/him back (or just released) we get to relive those pitifully painful moronic days again. Woo hoo-good times.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212266 Aug 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess I need to re-read it, I musta missed that part.
Whinners

Monrovia, CA

#212267 Aug 25, 2013
This always happens, the whinnies stuff always floats up tot he surface, that's the BS from the Republican, Tea Party, Nazi, Skin Heads:

Pat Buchanan: is a well known idiots or us member.

Whites Are the Only Group That You Can Discriminate Against Legally in America Now.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#212268 Aug 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are apes, what other kind of face would I have? What kind of face do you have? A dog butt face?
Slow down ape face, he was trying to give you a compliment, it's much betteer that most of us are calling you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 1 hr Octopus 11
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 7 hr nick 705
child molester at large in dhs Wed tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs