Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,177)

Showing posts 183,521 - 183,540 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a failure. That is a fact.
No. You're wrong. I am a success, you are a failure. Nana nana nana!
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You're wrong. I am a success, you are a failure. Nana nana nana!
No, gimp, you are the failure. You succeed at being a failure.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
For your information, we did not get any information from Pat Robertson, for we do not even listen to his program at all. We told the forum that we got our information from a organization of which we support on all the topics that they are involved with. It is called ( saveCalifornia.com )
Here is just a sampling of some of the things Mr. Thomasson ( saveCalifornia.com ) has said and done, per his Commentator Accountability Project profile:

-- Likened pro-LGBT teachers and school administrators to Adolf Hitler

-- Because of state's LGBT-inclusive policies, Thomasson says California's schoolchildren are like "lambs to the slaughter"

-- After Newtown, said school children were murdered in public schools because of "sin;" added that "love of God" and "fear of God" is the way to stop it

Likens the "lie" of homosexuality to drugs, cigarettes, junk food, drunk driving, and more

-- Equates LGBT-affirming teaching with sexual abuse and car collisions

Says LGBT acceptance is "less than animal": "This philosophy essentially turns man into an animal, but less than an animal, because beasts follow God's natural order of sexuality."

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"The most critical relationship of society"? Really? Maybe your argument would hold water if there weren't so many unwed parents around the world. 40.7% of all children born in the U.S. are born to unwed mothers.
And yet the world continues to spin. The U.S. has never held a more powerful position in the world than it does now. You'd think with all of those unwed mothers we'd see our country in a STEEP decline.
I guess it's not as "critical" as you would have us believe.
You are a supposed social worker and are ignorant of the plight of children in single parent homes???

You also might want to check your stats on America's direction.

Start with how well the education level of our high school graduates has prepared them for college. Then see how that compares with the rest of the world.

I guess you're denial goes beyond calling a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half equal to marriage.

Think about where your denial is taking you VV.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
More opinion... No facts... You don't even believe your own boo-shit anymore. Why should we?
Your 'we' is a bunch of idiots.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education...
just-26-percent-of-act-test-ta kers-are-prepared-for-college/ 2013/08/21/a99fba0e-0a81-11e3- 8974-f97ab3b3c677_story.html

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such word as irregardless. You posted no truths. You posted your personal opinions.
"Definition of IRREGARDLESS
nonstandard
: regardless
Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose."

You are consistent though. Consistently wrong, but consistent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
FACT 1 THAT GAYS REFUSE TO FACE:
Marriage in every single culture in human history from start to finish.
SS couples being called married? Zero.
FACT 2 THAT GAYS REFUSE TO FACE:
Anal sex is 'unnatural'.
1. Your anus was not designed for intercourse.
2. Anal intercourse is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
http://www.net doctor.co.uk/sexandrelationshi ps/analsex .htm
Please note;
1. I am not denying that some hetero couples also engage in anal sex.
2. I am asserting that the ONLY truly safe and natural sex is 'traditional' sexual practices within the bounds of a monogamous marriage. Sex that is not abusive to either person's body, is not degrading and carries no inherent risks for damage, infection or disease.
3. Ss gay couples need protection to HAVE sex. Monogamous married couples need protection not to procreate. An incredible distinction, clearly not equal intimately in any sense of the word.
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you ever stop posting the same shyt over and over and over? You have made basically that same post over 15,000 times. Enough is enough.
No.

You refuse to face the facts.

I keep putting them in your face.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOUR marriage were strong, gay marriage would be no threat to it. It would not need "defending". Perhaps that is where the problem lies...
You have no basis to know that.

Deception is always a threat. A deceptive relationship in the most critical societal relationship is a grave threat.

That my idiot friend is where the problem lies...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Anal sex is 'unnatural'.
Please note;
2. I am asserting that the ONLY truly safe and natural sex is 'traditional' sexual practices within the bounds of a monogamous marriage. Sex that is not abusive to either person's body, is not degrading and carries no inherent risks for damage, infection or disease.
3. Ss gay couples need protection to HAVE sex. Monogamous married couples need protection not to procreate. An incredible distinction, clearly not equal intimately in any sense of the word.
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you ever stop posting the same shyt over and over and over? You have made basically that same post over 15,000 times. Enough is enough.
Lets hear your answer.

Why has calling ss couples married never become the norm in 8000 years of human history.

How do you defend medically harmful, unhealthy and demeaning sex that defines gays?

You could put it to rest with a logical answer.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
Anal sex is 'unnatural'.
Please note;
<quoted text>
Lets hear your answer.
Why has calling ss couples married never become the norm in 8000 years of human history.
How do you defend medically harmful, unhealthy and demeaning sex that defines gays?
You could put it to rest with a logical answer.
Oh it is already put to rest, they are married, legally and recognized as married by law.

They won, you lost

None of them care what your opinion is because it isn't worth anything.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Definition of IRREGARDLESS
nonstandard
: regardless
Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose."
You are consistent though. Consistently wrong, but consistent.
You didnt post the rest of it, trying to hide something?

"Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt post the rest of it, trying to hide something?
"Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."
I simply proved that there is such a word, and it is used.
Saddle Up

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/...

This Homeland Security Employee Is Preparing for a Coming Race War.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
and left out the part where it is not a generally accepted word, and the dictionary mentions using the word regardless instead.

This speaks volumes about you
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t get me wrong, I could care less what words you use and I took your meaning ( as stupid as it was )

You can use the word irreguardless all day long and I won’t care, that isnt the point.

It is only quoting a part of what the dictionary said that is very telling about you. It is exactly the same way you use your bible.

Pick and choose, use this phrase, but not that phrase.

We will mention this from the old testament, but we won’t mention words that Christ used at all as it wouldn’t support your hate campaign.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and left out the part where it is not a generally accepted word, and the dictionary mentions using the word regardless instead.
This speaks volumes about you
Irregardless, you were wrong, I was right.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
For your information, we did not get any information from Pat Robertson, for we do not even listen to his program at all. We told the forum that we got our information from a organization of which we support on all the topics that they are involved with. It is called ( saveCalifornia.com ), but the site is "NOT BORN THAT WAY". Pat Robertson may support this group of which we are not aware of, but that is not the issue here. Lesbians can be cured and I have heard many testimonies that homosexuals left that sin and had a difficult time forgiving themselves and also asking God to forgive them, but they did come out of the closet and became straight again. God loves you and he can heal you for God is the Creator of all things and he did not create homosexuals as we stated in the our last thread. He created a perfect world and then man began to disobey Him.
Here is proof: Ask Frankie Rizzo, because he was NOT BORN THAT WAY! right Frankie
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Irregardless, you were wrong, I was right.
I never said it wasn’t, you are wrong

I am talking about your picking and choosing which parts of the dictionary ( or bible ) you decide to quote or leave out to try and make yourselves right.

That is the telling part about you.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it is already put to rest, they are married, legally and recognized as married by law.
They won, you lost
None of them care what your opinion is because it isn't worth anything.
Your real problems are just starting.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your real problems are just starting.
I doubt that, prop 8 didn’t affect me in any way at all personally, I don’t happen to be gay.

But I do support my fellow Americans because I believe in this country, liberty, freedom and justice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,521 - 183,540 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance