Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,521 - 183,540 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#211471 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it is already put to rest, they are married, legally and recognized as married by law.
They won, you lost
None of them care what your opinion is because it isn't worth anything.
Your real problems are just starting.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211472 Aug 22, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your real problems are just starting.
I doubt that, prop 8 didnít affect me in any way at all personally, I donít happen to be gay.

But I do support my fellow Americans because I believe in this country, liberty, freedom and justice.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#211473 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to have your preference
My problem is the more I look at history, the more damage I see has been done. As a human being, I cannot help but despise it
But I do agree about Suzanne, I honestly donít think she understands the damage she causes. Nor do I think you will get her to look at herself one little bit. She is indoctrinated to the point that she thinks she is in possession of knowledge others do not have, she is looking down at you from on high in her mind, she is deluded beyond redemption.
You are not going to make any progress with a psychosis like that.
It reminds me of something Carl Sagan once said
ďOne of the saddest lessons of history is this: If weíve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. Weíre no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. Itís simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that weíve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.Ē
Religion can be a force for good or evil. Its very easy to dismiss it as evil, but those who in the West who do so fail to understand Western Civilization would not be what it is without Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#211474 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that, prop 8 didnít affect me in any way at all personally, I donít happen to be gay.
But I do support my fellow Americans because I believe in this country, liberty, freedom and justice.
And he wears Superman depends!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211475 Aug 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion can be a force for good or evil. Its very easy to dismiss it as evil, but those who in the West who do so fail to understand Western Civilization would not be what it is without Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular.
Yes it can

And I donít only limit it to cults of Christianity either

I will grant you that Christianity and Catholicism specifically have probably done the most harm. But they are not alone, Islam is trying to catch up, but they are still a couple hundred years of harm behind.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211477 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea western society would already have total equality and be 200 years into future in tech and progress. Religion of any kind has been worst invention man ever created. Wish all religion would go away. Until it does there will be war and hate and violence.
200?

I could make a case for 1000 years lost, starting with the burning of the library at Alexandria
Dreggers

Monrovia, CA

#211478 Aug 22, 2013
The dregs are often referred to as coming from the bottom of the barrel and for the most part, have a decidedly negative connotation.

So that's he facts here, the Dregs are those religious spouting nut cases who haven't a clue and can't run their own closet style lives.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#211481 Aug 22, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOUR marriage were strong, gay marriage would be no threat to it. It would not need "defending". Perhaps that is where the problem lies...
Its not a matter of a threat, but whether or not its sound public policy to fundamentally alter the social, historical, cultural, and legal institution of marriage.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#211482 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it can
I will grant you that Christianity and Catholicism specifically have probably done the most harm. But they are not alone, Islam is trying to catch up, but they are still a couple hundred years of harm behind.
Yet ignore the impact its had on Western Civilization. Why not share with us your vast intellect with us on that.
Uh Huh

West Hartford, CT

#211483 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea true. I mean we should and could be like star trek by now. Religion stalls progress.
The Vatican has an observatory.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211484 Aug 22, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOUR marriage were strong, gay marriage would be no threat to it. It would not need "defending". Perhaps that is where the problem lies...
That his marriage might not be strong is not where the problem lies dummy. Angry morons like you are where the problem lies.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211487 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a supposed social worker and are ignorant of the plight of children in single parent homes???
You also might want to check your stats on America's direction.
Start with how well the education level of our high school graduates has prepared them for college. Then see how that compares with the rest of the world.
I guess you're denial goes beyond calling a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half equal to marriage.
Think about where your denial is taking you VV.
I also find it hard to believe this clown VeryVerbose has much education.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211488 Aug 22, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet ignore the impact its had on Western Civilization. Why not share with us your vast intellect with us on that.
Oh no I dont, you ignore it

I am not your teacher kiddo, learn history yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211489 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it is already put to rest, they are married, legally and recognized as married by law.
They won, you lost
None of them care what your opinion is because it isn't worth anything.
It's worth exactly the same as yours.
Uh Huh

West Hartford, CT

#211490 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea western society would already have total equality and be 200 years into future in tech and progress. Religion of any kind has been worst invention man ever created. Wish all religion would go away. Until it does there will be war and hate and violence.
You might as wish away any human belief in the supernatural....other than Big D of course.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211491 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt post the rest of it, trying to hide something?
"Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."
Some moron insisted it was not a word. That moron was wrong. You backed up that moron. You are wrong too.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211492 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it can
How would you know unless we go back in time and try it without Christianity and Catholicism? All you do is speculate. Waste of time.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211493 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and left out the part where it is not a generally accepted word, and the dictionary mentions using the word regardless instead.
This speaks volumes about you
Some dope said it was not a word. That dope is wrong. You are a dope too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211494 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít get me wrong, I could care less what words you use and I took your meaning ( as stupid as it was )
You can use the word irreguardless all day long and I wonít care, that isnt the point.
It is only quoting a part of what the dictionary said that is very telling about you. It is exactly the same way you use your bible.
Pick and choose, use this phrase, but not that phrase.
We will mention this from the old testament, but we wonít mention words that Christ used at all as it wouldnít support your hate campaign.
Yes. He can use a word any time he wants. But thanks for your totally unnecessary permission anyway! It's always funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211495 Aug 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Irregardless, you were wrong, I was right.
Irregardless, Big D is a dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr go away 5,007
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••