Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Mort s

Monrovia, CA

#211289 Aug 21, 2013
You all are starting to sound like the sand fleas that kill American's.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211290 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. The setup for the old Big D "you're a liar!" straw man eh?
Get a real argument.
Did you find the post where I said I worshiped something?

Or where you just making up what others say even if they didn’t say that?

You go get a real argument
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211291 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey if others can use this forum as an advertisement board for their religion why not everyone?
I thought about Taoism, but thought FSM would be funnier.
The point,( which has been lost on just about everyone so far ) is that we are a secular nation, we protect your religious rights, no matter which religion it is, equal in the eyes of the law, but we make no law for the establishment of any religion, protecting the non-religious, and each religion from each other, again equal in the eyes of the law.
The point is FSM is a religion like any other religion, you said it yourself. So you are a hypocrite.

Your sky fairy, a flying bowl of spaghetti no less, is real but everyone else's is ridiculous. You are exactly like the church lady, just with a different sky fairy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211292 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So everyone else's sky fairy is ridiculous. But your sky fairy, a flying bowl of spaghetti, is real. Got it.
In FSM you are allowed to even believe your own is ridiculous

It is a much freer religion than most

:D
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211293 Aug 21, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Civil marriage is a contract and has nothing to do with god. Feel free to add a religious context to your own marriage if you wish, but in this country we have separation of church and state. Religion is not part of the civil act of marriage unless you make it part of your personal situation.
If that's your opinion, then in your ss "union" and it is strictly a contract, it includes no love, no religious beliefs, no moral guidances, no emotional ties, no procreation or child rearing just simple (in your case) homo sex. Hmmmmmm, gotta think that one over, Does that definition of marriage damage others with real marriages?? Yes! Don't get squirrely now, yes that is my personal point of view but I'd be willing to bet there are more of me than you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211294 Aug 21, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>He is sounding like suzzane's atheist extreme. There are extreme's on every side. I really think Johah1 is the most fair when it comes to religion.
I will grant you tha.t

At first as a child I was religious, and then as I grew up ( about the time I stopped believing in Santa ) I realized what religion actually was, and as I grew older, instead of being non-religious, I have over time become anti-religious.

I am a student of history, and religion is one of the 3 great plagues of mankind, perhaps the one that has done the most harm.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211295 Aug 21, 2013
Mort s wrote:
You all are starting to sound like the sand fleas that kill American's.
What does a sand flea sound like pal.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211296 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, great. You ridicule everyone else's God but you worship a bowl of spaghetti, that's sane.
It's not the spaghetti as much as the meat balls.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211297 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find the post where I said I worshiped something?
Or where you just making up what others say even if they didn’t say that?
You go get a real argument
Ah yes. The infamous Big D "Liar!" straw man.

"Worship a god" is synonymous with believing in a god.

Today's Big D "Liar!" straw man is pretty thin. Get a real argument as to why your sky fairy is different from her sky fairy. The reason is not "Frankie's a liar!".
Shriveled

Monrovia, CA

#211298 Aug 21, 2013
Oh quit flogging that thing, it's old and shriveled up any way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211299 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In FSM you are allowed to even believe your own is ridiculous
It is a much freer religion than most
:D
It's a nerdy joke. It was never funny though. It didn't improve with age.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211300 Aug 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. LOL
Good one! "My sphincter gets a charlie horse thinking about it."

YUK!YUK!YUK! Too funny! Mine too.

I went in for my 6 month doctor visit and he said "do you want me to examine your prostate today?" I said "I'm not in the mood." He said "Good. neither am I." It was done 6 months ago so no need.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211301 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
and you never know when you will have a crisis, like death of a family member, terroists attack, illness that is not curable, then you may, just may be interested to know if you are on the right path!!
Like you said, just blame it on sin from genealogy. All of us here are praying that you get some help. I have seen many people recover from the Westboro Cult.

Sacramento, CA

#211302 Aug 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I will grant you tha.t
At first as a child I was religious, and then as I grew up ( about the time I stopped believing in Santa ) I realized what religion actually was, and as I grew older, instead of being non-religious, I have over time become anti-religious.
I am a student of history, and religion is one of the 3 great plagues of mankind, perhaps the one that has done the most harm.
i prefer the non-religious, the anti-religious is negative and therefore not doing you or others much good. I know it's hard to resist when people like suzzane and her husband start spitting their hate for people that are not like them. I would not want to worship a God that they pretend to believe in. I do find it just as hard to believe that life started without intelligent design. But let's not go into that here.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#211303 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To heartandmind,
I hope that you did not misunderstand me, but the family member is not homosexual at all. They have never been married, but lives with us and homsexuality is something that they talk about all them time and are disgusted with the whole thing. She feels like we do that if the homosexuals feel that they are normal, then they ........
Sorry that I am clumping all of this together. Thank you.
well, suzy-q....i've tried to help you understand the ramifications of what your words do. you refuse to even acknowledge the pain and suffering you and others like you cause.

i'm not sure there's much else i can do to help you - and in effect, those that you're hurting. it is for those people that i have to have empathy and prayers for. it is for those people that i have to take time and help. i see the net results of what you do. you turn a blind eye - and will, most likely, continue to do so, selfishly. you do this because what you're doing makes YOU feel better, not the person you're "counseling" or "witnessing" to.
someday, i hope these people confront you and show you what you've done to them so you can see the pain and anger first hand. at least exodus international has seen the error of their ways, closed it's doors and apologized to all those people they've hurt. but they only did this AFTER they'd been confronted by the people they'd hurt.

Sacramento, CA

#211304 Aug 21, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
so I put you on my prayer list (of which I have alot of names now) and you never know when you will have a crisis, like death of a family member, terroists attack, illness that is not curable, then you may, just may be interested to know if you are on the right path!!
Great idea, pray for our fake names...LOL....Who told you that you are on the right path? Stop playing God! Who hasn't been through a crisis? That's life. Find a good bible believing Church that doesn't use Leviticus to justify hate and judgement.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211305 Aug 21, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the spaghetti as much as the meat balls.
Ah yes, of course. It always goes back to balls with these clowns.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#211306 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one! "My sphincter gets a charlie horse thinking about it."
YUK!YUK!YUK! Too funny! Mine too.
I went in for my 6 month doctor visit and he said "do you want me to examine your prostate today?" I said "I'm not in the mood." He said "Good. neither am I." It was done 6 months ago so no need.
VV calls that a date. Go figure.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211307 Aug 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a nerdy joke. It was never funny though. It didn't improve with age.
Oh no, they have achieved quite a lot, if one religions beliefs are to be taught in school, then other religions should have equal time.

They have done quite a bit

No more ridiculous than a magic tree, talking snake, a rib woman and a guy with 2 dads who is also his own father.( depending on which cult you adhere too )
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211308 Aug 21, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>i prefer the non-religious, the anti-religious is negative and therefore not doing you or others much good. I know it's hard to resist when people like suzzane and her husband start spitting their hate for people that are not like them. I would not want to worship a God that they pretend to believe in. I do find it just as hard to believe that life started without intelligent design. But let's not go into that here.
You are free to have your preference

My problem is the more I look at history, the more damage I see has been done. As a human being, I cannot help but despise it

But I do agree about Suzanne, I honestly don’t think she understands the damage she causes. Nor do I think you will get her to look at herself one little bit. She is indoctrinated to the point that she thinks she is in possession of knowledge others do not have, she is looking down at you from on high in her mind, she is deluded beyond redemption.

You are not going to make any progress with a psychosis like that.

It reminds me of something Carl Sagan once said

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) 2 hr marcella williams 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr surfs up 7,955
Scottish-Americans mixed on keeping kingdom united 10 hr James 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Sep 17 Mac 124
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info