Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,165

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207586 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then shuddup!
No thank you I will say what I want when I want, you have absolutely no authority whatsoever here, you are not nearly as important as you think you are.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207587 Aug 6, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,I find stock in the China market with the highest number of child workers (they eat less but pee more).
I do not currently ... that economy is slowing dramatically, they are starting to realize that this is a global economy, no nation can go it alone on taht scene anymore, we are a world community economically.

The are working to emulate us more and more every year, what you said while true, is also less than it was 10 years ago.
Sporeaders

Monrovia, CA

#207588 Aug 6, 2013
Manure spreaders of America often come here and dump.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207589 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
For the twenty millionth time, cubed, let's remind you that Science is bought and sold on the open market. Refer to "global warming". Refer to the infiltration of the APA and AMA by the Stains. Refer to Big Pharma. Refer to the Tech used against us on a daily basis, NSA, FBI, et cetera et cetera.
Thank me.
Hey you mental midget...

Do you honestly think that a minority the size of the LGBT community (somewhere between 3% and 6% of the population) has the financial, social, or political capacity to buy and pay for anything on that scale? Exactly what kind of moron are you?

Knoxville, TN

#207590 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, why you mad?
Oh, I just thought it was funny that you said Big D needed a cape and a fan--pretending to be a superhero. And just a few posts prior you posted your "Veterans wrote a blank check..." doo-doo.

Do you honestly think of yourself as a hero?
The REAL Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#207591 Aug 6, 2013
lunkhead man wrote:
Yap yap yap bought and sold blah blah blah infiltration of the APA and AMA yada yada yada...
Hearsay. Dismissed.
NEXT!
HandBall court

Monrovia, CA

#207592 Aug 6, 2013
Back at you "bat boy" and her too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207593 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am perfectly relaxed Frankie, it is just annoying to have to explain every post to a simpleton that cannot comprehend even very simple and straightforward questions that are not even directed at him.
Each word or phrase needs to be explained, is there a dictionary there so you can look up words you donít understand?
Yes Big D. You are so awesome! And you can read! You're never condescending or patronizing. You're just perfect! As your kids will attest.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207594 Aug 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I just thought it was funny that you said Big D needed a cape and a fan--pretending to be a superhero. And just a few posts prior you posted your "Veterans wrote a blank check..." doo-doo.
Do you honestly think of yourself as a hero?
Nope. And I never tried to say I was, that's your lie. Your straw man. I won't argue it, just point it out. I am no hero. I did my job and lived through it. Made a good life for myself afterwards like many veterans.

I consider veterans in general heroes. Me, I faked it good and that's all bravery really is.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207595 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you I will say what I want when I want, you have absolutely no authority whatsoever here, you are not nearly as important as you think you are.
I have the power to anger the hell out of you though. It's fun too!

Knoxville, TN

#207596 Aug 6, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text> Disorder-4. a deviation from the normal system or order
Yeah I googled it 'just for you'.
Yes... You're brilliant... Except you seemed to have missed the fact that the word "disorder" is not defined as narrowly as your post suggests.

A issue in terms of psychiatry must meet at least one of two standards before it is considered a "disorder".

1.) A person must experience significant distress concerning the issue at hand. It must impact his/her functioning in society.

2.) The issue must have some negative impact on society.

Depression, anxiety, phobias (which you're so fond of), schizophrenia, developmental disorders, cognitive disorders; all of these are examples of "disorders".

Homosexuality is not a disorder.

Tens of millions of LGBT people around the globe live happy, productive lives. They raise families. They work. They contribute to society.

Those poor closeted cases have an ego-dystonic disorder. Their orientation is at odds with their idealized self-image.

It's very similar to body dimorphic disorder. People want to be thin--even though they are medically healthy. They may engage in bulimia or anorexia to lose weight. They may believe that they are "ugly" and spend tens of thousands of dollars on plastic surgery; only to end up looking bizarre.

Closeted gays will either avoid relationships altogether or date, even marry people who they are not physically or sexually attracted to.

The problem is not their homosexuality. Rather the problem is the anxiety created by the ego-dystonic notions they hold about themselves and where they fit into society.

As I said earlier, closeted gays are only in the closet because of society's bombardment of negative ideas about homosexuality. Religious groups pound away at gays. Uneducated people do the same.

Homosexuality is a naturally occurring orientation along the continuum of human sexual orientation. On one end you have 100% heterosexual. On the other end you have 100% homosexual. In the middle you have bisexual orientation.

Homosexuality has been expressed in some of the earliest documents we have ever found. There are cave drawings that suggest homosexuality among primitive people. It is found in every single culture and society in existence.

And it is found throughout the animal kingdom.

That YOU, a straight person, have a problem with someone being gay--that is YOUR issue. If you experience anxiety, fear, misunderstanding, etc. related to homosexuality, then you have a "disorder".

I would suggest getting help.

You don't get to pretend homosexuality isn't a natural characteristic simply because you believe it shouldn't exist.

Knoxville, TN

#207597 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. And I never tried to say I was, that's your lie. Your straw man. I won't argue it, just point it out. I am no hero. I did my job and lived through it. Made a good life for myself afterwards like many veterans.
I consider veterans in general heroes. Me, I faked it good and that's all bravery really is.
I don't know, Frankie... Your post "What is a veteran?"
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including their life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it", that seems like a bit of self-aggrandizing to me.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#207598 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Big D. You are so awesome! And you can read! You're never condescending or patronizing. You're just perfect! As your kids will attest.
Get the dictionary Frankie, I never said I was perfect, I never said I was not condescending to an idiot that cannot comprehend simple English but has something to say about every post someone makes replying to other people when he doesnít even have the first clue what the words mean.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207599 Aug 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including their life. That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it", that seems like a bit of self-aggrandizing to me.
I said it for veterans in general, not myself. Get that chip off your shoulder. Sure you don't like me. No reason to disrespect the brave men and women gay and straight who have volunteered to protect your sorry ass should the need arise. And defend your cowardly ass with their lives. Some gave all. All gave some.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207600 Aug 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the power to anger the hell out of you though. It's fun too!
Not even once, I am laughing along with the other people that read this over my shoulder.

You bring hope to every moron everywhere, every village idiot can have a voice just like you, even if it will just be laughed at for being so moronic.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207601 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the dictionary Frankie, I never said I was perfect, I never said I was not condescending to an idiot that cannot comprehend simple English but has something to say about every post someone makes replying to other people when he doesnít even have the first clue what the words mean.
When cornered, you lie! If you really think I cannot read, you're stupid. I don't think you're stupid, I think you're a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207602 Aug 6, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even once, I am laughing along with the other people that read this over my shoulder.
You bring hope to every moron everywhere, every village idiot can have a voice just like you, even if it will just be laughed at for being so moronic.
I'm not angry, I'm laughing! Big D angrily replied, humorlessly.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#207603 Aug 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Vet, and proud of my service and my fellow Americans who are also vets.

I donít put down people that do not make that choice, but if you are still in the land of the free, thank a vet.( or anyone currently in the service )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207604 Aug 6, 2013
veryverbose wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... You're brilliant... Except you seemed to have missed the fact that the word "disorder" is not defined as narrowly as your post suggests.
A issue in terms of psychiatry must meet at least one of two standards before it is considered a "disorder".
1.) A person must experience significant distress concerning the issue at hand. It must impact his/her functioning in society.
2.) The issue must have some negative impact on society.
Depression, anxiety, phobias (which you're so fond of), schizophrenia, developmental disorders, cognitive disorders; all of these are examples of "disorders".
Homosexuality is not a disorder.
Tens of millions of LGBT people around the globe live happy, productive lives. They raise families. They work. They contribute to society.
Those poor closeted cases have an ego-dystonic disorder. Their orientation is at odds with their idealized self-image.
It's very similar to body dimorphic disorder. People want to be thin--even though they are medically healthy. They may engage in bulimia or anorexia to lose weight. They may believe that they are "ugly" and spend tens of thousands of dollars on plastic surgery; only to end up looking bizarre.
Closeted gays will either avoid relationships altogether or date, even marry people who they are not physically or sexually attracted to.
The problem is not their homosexuality. Rather the problem is the anxiety created by the ego-dystonic notions they hold about themselves and where they fit into society.
As I said earlier, closeted gays are only in the closet because of society's bombardment of negative ideas about homosexuality. Religious groups pound away at gays. Uneducated people do the same.
Homosexuality is a naturally occurring orientation along the continuum of human sexual orientation. On one end you have 100% heterosexual. On the other end you have 100% homosexual. In the middle you have bisexual orientation.
Homosexuality has been expressed in some of the earliest documents we have ever found. There are cave drawings that suggest homosexuality among primitive people. It is found in every single culture and society in existence.
And it is found throughout the animal kingdom.
That YOU, a straight person, have a problem with someone being gay--that is YOUR issue. If you experience anxiety, fear, misunderstanding, etc. related to homosexuality, then you have a "disorder".
I would suggest getting help.
You don't get to pretend homosexuality isn't a natural characteristic simply because you believe it shouldn't exist.
Pheew! Almost 500 words to say "I hate you homophobe. Get help"

Veryverbose!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207605 Aug 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling you out as a liar.
Get in line. There's at least 3 people ahead of you calling Big Dope out for lying. That's his M.O. He lies. And his favorite lie is to call others liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Thu Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Dec 1 kent 48
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web