Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
179,861 - 179,880 of 200,330 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYbody wants to "enlighten" me. EVERYbody wants me to plug into THEIR "truth", THEIR kooky "reality", whether it's butt hoppers or pyromaniacs*.
Democraps and Commies, every last one.
*For all you anointed ones out there, it's a reference to those who would burn you at the stake for retaining your individuality instead of joining their cult.
Christians to the right of me hohophobes to the left. Both peacocking their intolerance.

Why won't they celebrate my diversity? Oh well. Who cares.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Jizzy goes into a bar, orders four shots of the most expensive 30-year-old single-malt Scotch and downs them one after the other. The barkeep says, "You look like you're in a hurry."
Big D said "You would be too if you had what I have," "What have you got?" asked the barkeep.
"Fifty cents." said Jizzy.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Messed that one up good. The guy was Jizzy or Big D but not both. Doesn't matter which, they're interchangeable.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
For those of you who responded to my comments last evening about my comments on this forum that are not constructive. My husband and I have been married for 55 years and that is because we have Christ in our lives to keep us together by following Him on a everyday basis. How many of you out there have that kind of track record? I We have no secret way of coming to Christ, for we all have to come to Him the same way and I would like to comment that we have all sinned and fall short of the Glory of our Creator and we all need Christ in our lives to live the way God created us to live. You The Scripture says in the Book of First Corinthians Chapter 2 Verses 12-14 and I quote: "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." You will be forgiven for anything that you have done in the past that was sinful and you will be free from sin. Our world as we know it today is becoming more and more sinful and God did destroy Sodom and Gomorrah and also destroyed all people except for Noah and his family because they were righteous and God will destroy again. Accept Christ while he may be found and before it is to late, for he is coming soon. In the Book of Revelation Chapter 3 Verses 20-21 and I quote: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Amen & Amen
You know what? Save it for the church, sister.

Let me peel apart this onion of a post...

1.) There are plenty of same-sex couples out there who have 55 years under their belt. If you think that heterosexuals are the only ones who can remain together for more than a few days, you're simply mistaken.

2.) Sodom, Gomorrah, and the other cities were destroyed because they were wicked cities. It wasn't because there were gay people there. It was because they were inhabited by wealthy people who did not share with the less fortunate.
Ezekiel 16:49-50 "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."
So, if you're going to use scripture, at least get it right.

3.) I have a problem with your sentence "You will be forgiven for anything that you have done in the past that was sinful and you WILL BE FREE FROM SIN.(emphasis added)
There is no indication anywhere that by accepting Christ as our savior that anyone will be free from sin. Even the forgiven will continue to sin. We are imperfect people. We will always fall short of God's plan.

4.) It is OK to use current English language when quoting from scripture.
The use of "eths", as in "overcometh", for example, was falling out of the English language even as the King James Version of the Books of the Bible were being written. The same is true for "thee", "thou", and "thy".
Sometimes I believe people use these words almost as if they are reciting an incantation--speaking in magical terms.

5.) Try to see scripture for what it is--a guide. It is not a rulebook. You should seek your guidance from your personal relationship with God and not so much from ancient texts that have been translated dozens of times.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Besara wrote:
What do you get when you cross VeryVerbose with a jackass?
Can't be done. There are some things even a jackass won't do.
YUK!YUK!YUK! The jackass only had so much tolerance and diversity. Not enough for VeryVerbose.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Besara wrote:
Big D holds the distinction for being the world's first successful recipient of a hemorrhoid transplant.
Was VeryVerbose the donor? Or Jizzy?
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, there is no state interest in children being raise by a married mother and father. Fully 40% of births in the US are to out of wedlock parents. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/unmarry.htm
If these state did have an interest in this, as you assert, they would force those who have children out of wedlock to marry, they would prevent divorce in cases where children were present, and they would prevent adoption. Yet, none of these conditions is true.
Simply put, your assertion is so much BS.
The state 'force' people to marry?? You're an idiot for even thinking that might be feasable. Go back to bed and quit making yourself look stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? Save it for the church, sister.
Let me peel apart this onion of a post...
1.) There are plenty of same-sex couples out there who have 55 years under their belt. If you think that heterosexuals are the only ones who can remain together for more than a few days, you're simply mistaken.
2.) Sodom, Gomorrah, and the other cities were destroyed because they were wicked cities. It wasn't because there were gay people there. It was because they were inhabited by wealthy people who did not share with the less fortunate.
Ezekiel 16:49-50 "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."
So, if you're going to use scripture, at least get it right.
3.) I have a problem with your sentence "You will be forgiven for anything that you have done in the past that was sinful and you WILL BE FREE FROM SIN.(emphasis added)
There is no indication anywhere that by accepting Christ as our savior that anyone will be free from sin. Even the forgiven will continue to sin. We are imperfect people. We will always fall short of God's plan.
4.) It is OK to use current English language when quoting from scripture.
The use of "eths", as in "overcometh", for example, was falling out of the English language even as the King James Version of the Books of the Bible were being written. The same is true for "thee", "thou", and "thy".
Sometimes I believe people use these words almost as if they are reciting an incantation--speaking in magical terms.
5.) Try to see scripture for what it is--a guide. It is not a rulebook. You should seek your guidance from your personal relationship with God and not so much from ancient texts that have been translated dozens of times.
Let me edit your post if I may, eliminating unnecessary words.

"F*** you fundie" See? I said the same thing in three words.

Try writing six word stories. Very good exercise. Oh I know, you're a natural talent and don't need it but it's fun.

Like this:

Disputes between nations. Sorrow among families.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians to the right of me hohophobes to the left. Both peacocking their intolerance.
Why won't they celebrate my diversity? Oh well. Who cares.
And there you have it. It's incredible how the butt pluggers scream their fundamentalism the same as the Christians they hate. To me they're exactly the same.

I just want to be left alone but noooooooo, here comes the class warfare gang, parts 1 and 2, again and again and again.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The desired situation is for there to be fewer children. The world is overpopulated as it is.
A very large minority of children are born out of wedlock
Your desired situation, is not either reality, or law, just your desire.
You can have all the desires you want, but when your desire is to deny equal rights to others, the answer is... no.
So like you state,'your' desire to have deviated sexual satisfaction should also be denied. It has NO other use than your own personal sexual gratification, does nothing to add to the solution of ANY social problems. YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED YOUR DEVIATED PERSONAL SEXUAL BEHAVIORS!!!!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Big D walked into a bar and sat down next to Frankie who had a dog at his feet. "Does your dog bite?" Big Dummy asked. "No." Frankie replied.
A few minutes later the dog took a huge chunk out of Big D's leg. "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!" Big Dope screamed in pain. "That's not my dog." Frankie answered.
If it had been D's dog it might gum and tongue bit but practuce no teeth.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

I'm just surprised I haven't been thrown out of here yet today. I'm mildly rebuffed.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Queen OneEightyTwo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please enlighten me..I thought Skittles help you taste the rainbow..what on earth is a Rainbow Stain?
I'm guessing Rainbow skittles get the crap taste out of your mouth. Eh?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>So like you state,'your' desire to have deviated sexual satisfaction should also be denied. It has NO other use than your own personal sexual gratification, does nothing to add to the solution of ANY social problems. YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED YOUR DEVIATED PERSONAL SEXUAL BEHAVIORS!!!!
Wrong on every point

I donít happen to be a homosexual

Millions of people use sex for sexual gratification every day, good luck changing that.

I have a lot to add, we need to continue to keep people like you away from our children.

I have not been denied anything, nor have my friends that do happen to be homosexual, and are married, legally, and recognized on the state and federal level.

It is you that are denied from coming to our childrenís schools and preaching your hatred.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

When Big D was in Memphis he was thrown out of a bar.

When I say they threw him out, I don't mean they asked him to leave.

I mean three bouncers picked him up in the air and threw him out the door!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>If it had been D's dog it might gum and tongue bit but practuce no teeth.
I bet Big D's dog wears a cape too.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I'm just surprised I haven't been thrown out of here yet today. I'm mildly rebuffed.
Ride the edge son, we still need ya here for the entertainment purposes. Here's a new stick to poke fun at them queer fellas.--------->
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on every point
Millions of people use sex for sexual gratification every day, good luck changing that.
I have a lot to add, we need to continue to keep people like you away from our children.
I have not been denied anything, nor have my friends that do happen to be homosexual, and are married, legally, and recognized on the state and federal level.
It is you that are denied from coming to our childrenís schools and preaching your hatred.
You sure sound kind of sissy footed for someone claiming to not be. Come on out, it will set you free.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
When Big D was in Memphis he was thrown out of a bar.
When I say they threw him out, I don't mean they asked him to leave.
I mean three bouncers picked him up in the air and threw him out the door!
Wrong on every point,

I have never been thrown out ( or even asked to leave ) a bar although I have been involved in removing others from a friends establishment.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>You sure sound kind of sissy footed for someone claiming to not be. Come on out, it will set you free.
I am out, straight, father and grandfather, and an American that believes in this country, and equality without bias.

You should take the course we give to immigrants, if you took the test today, I suspect you would fail.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on every point
Did you take that as hateful? Guess it hurt your feelings,huh? I gave it as fact. Hetero sex is normal and does have a function as well, to repopulate. Homo sex is purely self gratification, as useful as masterbation. I am sure more people would rather have me around their children that you or your gay friends. Asshat. You aren't adding much here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr drying out 7,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr Mis kites 15,915
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••