Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207250 Aug 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutup fool.
No.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207251 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you'd rather write to be noticed?
I'd rather write to be read. You should too.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207252 Aug 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's at least the THIRD time you've made that same lame post. It was dopey the first and second times. Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
No.

Long Beach, CA

#207256 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes.

horatio_hornblow er

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#207257 Aug 5, 2013
Why do gay men always fantasize about little boys?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

horatio_hornblow er

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#207258 Aug 5, 2013
“Since the beginning of the epidemic a total of 28,793 San Francisco residents have been diagnosed with AIDS, which comprises 18% of California AIDS cases and 3% of cases reported nationally. There have been 19,341 reported AIDS deaths in San Francisco as of Dec. 31, 2010.”

http://www.sfaf.org/hiv-info/statistics/

Why is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#207259 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, this is a THEORY. It is not FACT. And based on the same article that YOU cherry-picked, there is no CLEAR agreement that this THEORY answers the question,“What causes some people to be born gay?”
Look at the wording throughout this article. At every point the author indicates that this is speculation and theory—a hypothesis.
For example:
--“Instead, the scientists POSIT…”
--“…brain MAY underlie sexual orientation…”
--“…that steer sexual development in males COULD promote homosexual…”
--“But, she cautioned, so far the THEORY “is not supported by any data.”
--“It’s a little bit vain to think we’ll find the answer to homosexuality as a whole.”
--“The answer, they HYPOTHESIZD, has to do with sensitivity to androgens.”
--“…the researchers HYPOTHESIZED that differences in sensitivity to these signals between male and female fetuses help mediate their sexual differentiation.”
--“But, the researchers SPECULATE perhaps they could be inherited…”
--“It ASSUMES the same mechanism [for development of sexual orientation] in both sexes ... and that androgen levels play an important role in the development of sexual orientation”—NEITHER OF WHICH HAS BEEN DEMONSTRATED, he said.”
----------
Finally, there simply is NO indication that the theory represents a defective process. In fact, McCarthy, one of the neuroscientist interviewed in the article, says “Fascinating as it may be to understand the biological basis of sexual orientation, however, not everyone is convinced it’s a necessary line of investigation.“Should we test this? Is it important for us to know?” asked McCarthy.“HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A DISEASE, IT’S A PART OF NATURAL HUMAN VARIATION. I’m not sure there’s a good reason to delve this deeply into it. I think we’ve reached the point that we have enough evidence that there’s a biological basis for sexual orientation.”
----------
Kim, I always appreciate when you post these little blurbs. It gives me an opportunity to show what is TRULY KNOWN about the origins of homosexuality—nothing.
VV, VV, VV. I've never disputed it is, at present, a theory. You know that. Keeping in mind, this is the most likely cause, by far, currently on the table!

What YOU have asserted is that even if it bears out, it is not a defect. This article simply spells out what the other references I posted indicated.

"But if epi-marks that direct sexual development ARE NOT ERASED CORRECTLY (emphasis added),"

As to McCarthy, she's covering her ass to avoid a Regnerus gay assault. Hence her defensiveness. Her very study contradicts her defense. Especially when she uses the term 'disease', when she knows it is a epi-genetic mistake.

But hey, you live in denial. Your response once again only exposes the degree once again.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#207261 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been skullfucking you, Caligula. Does that count?
Don't flatter yourself, because you're not capable of it.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207262 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The peanut gallery judged that post "brilliant" "agree" and "funny".
Ain't that stupid as can be? And why does it stop at 9?

And how about the tough guy came here to wet its drawers and cry about "stalking" and name changing, and what name did it use?

Hey, I don't own it, but I'm not flattered either.

:)
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207263 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you'd rather write to be noticed? You don't know how to write for pleasure and self-fulfillment? You need "rules" for writing--and not even your OWN rules at that.
Pity...
There's a whole industry that revolves around writing, Brainiac. Really, look it up.

You'll be pleased to know that there are homofascist writers too. Surely no self respecting polyp wrangler doesn't know of Hunter and Madsen.
Stella Rietoan RNpb

Sonoma, CA

#207264 Aug 5, 2013
Please allow Christ to deliver you. He knows the way to that secret place of rest. You dont know krapp alone. Listen for him to speak. His voice is beautiful, mysterious and not to be understood by mere mortals. Listen, children, listen. Stop thinking, whining, demanding, contradicting, beseaching, worrying, wishing...you have but to accept. Draw no needless breath of want. Be delivered.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207265 Aug 5, 2013
Stella Rietoan RNpb wrote:
Please allow Christ to deliver you. He knows the way to that secret place of rest. You dont know krapp alone. Listen for him to speak. His voice is beautiful, mysterious and not to be understood by mere mortals. Listen, children, listen. Stop thinking, whining, demanding, contradicting, beseaching, worrying, wishing...you have but to accept. Draw no needless breath of want. Be delivered.
Be spell checked.

Amen.
Upper floors

Covina, CA

#207266 Aug 5, 2013
When will the jack stands arrive?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#207267 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As to McCarthy, she's covering her ass to avoid a Regnerus gay assault.
No, she stating facts. Don't worry Greggy, no one expects you to understand what facts are.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence her defensiveness.
She wasn't defensive at all. Given that this "theory" is not supported by any data, that is her obligation to provide all facts, not just the few YOU want to hear.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Her very study contradicts her defense.
Um, she hasn't done a study you moron. She's presented a possible theory.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when she uses the term 'disease', when she knows it is a epi-genetic mistake.
No, she used the term "not a disease". And epigenetic is just one word dolt.

Anyone else see the irony in a fundie defending a scientific theory that even by it's own author's account “is not supported by any data”?? Fundies are the biggest hypocrites on the planet!!!

Yes jackass KiMare, that includes you dear!! Smile!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207268 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV, VV, VV. I've never disputed it is, at present, a theory. You know that. Keeping in mind, this is the most likely cause, by far, currently on the table!
What YOU have asserted is that even if it bears out, it is not a defect. This article simply spells out what the other references I posted indicated.
"But if epi-marks that direct sexual development ARE NOT ERASED CORRECTLY (emphasis added),"
As to McCarthy, she's covering her ass to avoid a Regnerus gay assault. Hence her defensiveness. Her very study contradicts her defense. Especially when she uses the term 'disease', when she knows it is a epi-genetic mistake.
But hey, you live in denial. Your response once again only exposes the degree once again.
"But if epi-marks that direct sexual development ARE NOT ERASED CORRECTLY..."

This is a THEORY!

You cannot pluck a "potential" fact from a theory. Any moron knows that.

But I realize that when I deal with you, I'm not dealing with just any moron.

Homosexuality is not a condition that needs to be studied. It's that simple. We do not negatively impact society. We live happy, productive lives. We're not interested in changing.

The only ones who seem to have a problem with homosexuality are people like YOU! You want to "cure" us.

Your post is just another example of how much you wish homosexuality would just disappear. This is the most disgusting aspect of your character.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207269 Aug 5, 2013
Rosie Baloney wrote:
<quoted text> Fundies are the biggest hypocrites on the planet!!!
Which Fundies are you talking about, Diversity Boi?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207270 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a whole industry that revolves around writing, Brainiac. Really, look it up.
You'll be pleased to know that there are homofascist writers too. Surely no self respecting polyp wrangler doesn't know of Hunter and Madsen.
I realize that there is an entire industry that has developed to educate people about writing. This industry is aimed at people who will never publish anything serious.

Writing is an art form. You either know how to write or you don't. Maybe you need a minimum amount of technical information, but that's about it.

Do you honestly think a brilliant writer has ever learned how to write by reading an instruction book?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207271 Aug 5, 2013
very hypocritical wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is just another example of how much you wish homosexuality would just disappear. This is the most disgusting aspect of your character.
It's a diverse point of view, Prancer.

Your Fundamentalist views are, as always, hypocritical.

"Celebrate me, but not thee!"
Cop Watch

Covina, CA

#207272 Aug 5, 2013
Brett Seacat, a former police officer charged with killing his wife and setting their Kansas home on fire in April 2011.

Ex-Kansas cop accused of killing wife.

Former cops gone bad.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207273 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that there is an entire industry that has developed to educate people about writing. This industry is aimed at people who will never publish anything serious.
Writing is an art form. You either know how to write or you don't. Maybe you need a minimum amount of technical information, but that's about it.
Do you honestly think a brilliant writer has ever learned how to write by reading an instruction book?
You seem mildly schizophrenic this morning, rambling to and fro. There's an entire Industry that revolves around writing, and the cult of writers, period, pun intended.

Personally, you and your kind goes into the Fantasy category, what with your bullshit Fundamentalist "Diversity" agitprop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
facetime? (gay guys only) (Jul '11) 2 hr Long Dick 37
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Tue Creeps 20
Young couple have job offer in Rancho Mirage - Aug 21 gjstewart 1
Need a place to let my golden swim and play Jul 29 Anonymous 1
universal covenant ministries? (Sep '07) Jul '16 Yolanda perez 4
Indian Wells Music Thread Jul '16 Logan A 2
News Teen boy alleges school district concealed sexu... Jun '16 actionvideo 1

Palm Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance