Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
179,181 - 179,200 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206632 Aug 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How is stating "Coasties were in Nam" nuts?
Don't ask me. They're the ones giving you the judgits. I agree with you. Probably the same way that me posting that life is precious is considered "nuts" and "spam" and ..... They just throw out those judgits without any sense of reality.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206633 Aug 3, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN Brother! And spot on.
Can anyone enlighten me about why a post like the one above gets negative judge its? I don't care if you agree with the man's opinions about homosexuality or not, there is some wisdom and honesty in the post above that deserves a bit more respect than has been offered.
Thanks.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206634 Aug 3, 2013
Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hasn't our financial crisis been caused by our war spending?
Along with other spending. We're spending like it's going out of style.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#206635 Aug 3, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN Brother! And spot on.
Can anyone enlighten me about why a post like the one above gets negative judge its? I don't care if you agree with the man's opinions about homosexuality or not, there is some wisdom and honesty in the post above that deserves a bit more respect than has been offered.
You are so right! Thank You
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206636 Aug 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I wondered about that too... How can anybody disagree with what he said? Do people just look at who is posting and automatically "judge" their comments as negative?
Christ, if you're going to take the time to participate in the "judge it game", you should at least read what is written.
That's EXACTLY how it is done. Didn't you know that? No sarcasm here....
Randy Hudson

Burlington, WI

#206637 Aug 3, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
That's EXACTLY how it is done. Didn't you know that? No sarcasm here....
I vehemently disagree. please detect sarcasm here.
Jim Nabors

Baldwinsville, NY

#206638 Aug 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I used a little of both... I wonder why you think it's OK to make fun of my relationship with God?
I'd guess that a man of God has had a few conversations with Him in his lifetime. Or maybe you're just a literalist who has never taken the time to pray or seek God's guidance.
So are you now saying it was God that told you to strangle those 2 boys and mutilate their bodies?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206639 Aug 3, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of todays politicians were the hippies of the Vietnam era, I blame them for the poor treatment of the Vets today. I also blame them for the down fall of this country, we are weaker today than ever before. America is nothing but a tight ass hippie paying for love with credit card. We give trillions in relief money to those countries who hate us, why?... our vets and their families need a piece of that pie to.
This country is being slowly and systematically destroyed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206640 Aug 3, 2013
Im still laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no answer to when you'll show up to back up all that talk?
You found the time to go to stalk me over to other threads to yap yap yap (about something other than other men's sphincters surprisingly), but still no date and time to with the place I gave you?
Funny how that is!
Maybe Miss Frankie is now Mrs. Frankie and you two are too busy honeymooning ... is that it?
OK, I guess that's understandable then!
I'd still watch out and make sure he/she (s/he?) doesn't cheat on you with your buddy Rockless Hudson though.
If you gave him a time and a place, then perhaps he doesn't want to "gay marry" you...Easy, right?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206641 Aug 3, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I vehemently disagree. please detect sarcasm here.
If you're going to use my name, then you must be smart when you post...
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#206643 Aug 3, 2013
I had no choice when it came to war. It was either jail or Nam. I went from High School, to boot camp, to Nam, in that order.
God Bless America and please bring back patriotism to this nation.
Amen

B/1st bat/26th Marines
Khe Sanh 67-68
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206644 Aug 3, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
If you gave him a time and a place, then perhaps he doesn't want to "gay marry" you...Easy, right?
The fruit kept repeating "say YES" over and over and over so I finally said yes, and the blustering blowhole pretty much disappeared.

It's about 14 years old, acts like it's a ninja or Navy SEAL or something. Mommie is usually out with the latest "uncle" so it puts on some kabuki theater for us.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#206645 Aug 3, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to use my name, then you must be smart when you post...
Why? you aren't
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#206646 Aug 3, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
The fruit kept repeating "say YES" over and over and over so I finally said yes, and the blustering blowhole pretty much disappeared.
It's about 14 years old, acts like it's a ninja or Navy SEAL or something. Mommie is usually out with the latest "uncle" so it puts on some kabuki theater for us.
Sounds like your wife, if she only had teeth.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206647 Aug 3, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ask me. They're the ones giving you the judgits. I agree with you. Probably the same way that me posting that life is precious is considered "nuts" and "spam" and ..... They just throw out those judgits without any sense of reality.
Bizarre Rock....very bizarre.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#206648 Aug 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I used a little of both... I wonder why you think it's OK to make fun of my relationship with God?
I'd guess that a man of God has had a few conversations with Him in his lifetime. Or maybe you're just a literalist who has never taken the time to pray or seek God's guidance.
And you don't desecrate Christian faith?

I've told you before. Any god worth their salt is capable of protecting their words.

Your god is only as smart as you.

Moreover, you deny the risk that the voice in your head could be God, simply a voice, or even a disguised demon.

Just an addendum about Jesus and war (aside from his prolific use of allowing sin consequences to be addressed by war);

John 18:36 (NLT) Jesus answered,“My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206650 Aug 3, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? you aren't
I'm well aware that I am not using my name. Thank you, Mr. Obvious. And I still post intelligently, anyway.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206651 Aug 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Bizarre Rock....very bizarre.
Very. I was afraid that you had misunderstood my post.
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206652 Aug 3, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your wife, if she only had teeth.
Maybe, his wife IS your mommie. You have be more polite to your daddie...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206653 Aug 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
An insightful and well thought out post... Certainly food for thought...
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr punch tips 7,935
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••