Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,881 - 178,900 of 200,330 Comments Last updated 56 min ago
ronald

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Judge William Adams, Aransas Counts
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you or did you not choose to go to war?
If you were drafted, then you could chosen to apply to be considered a conscientious objector. But since you're an agnostic, that probably wouldn't have gotten you very far.
You could have done like some people--sought refuge in Canada or some other location.
You could have simply said, "No, I'm not going. I don't believe in war. I'm not going to voluntarily put myself in harm's way. I'm not going to pull a trigger and kill someone." You probably would have been put in prison.
But at every step of the way, you had a choice. You took a risk.
You're lucky to have gotten out with your life. Many didn't--on both sides of the war.
By the way, have I said anything about "dickless veterans"? I'm pretty sure I haven't.
I just don't understand how someone who has options--some aren't pleasant--can allow themselves to be forced to go to war. And I REALLY don't understand why someone would voluntarily go to war or join the military.
"Thou shalt not kill" is one of the "Big Ten" to us Christians.
Christ clearly told us to "turn the other cheek". He told us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.
It baffles me as to how Christians can justify war--any war.
I understand you don't believe in God. That's fine. But you picked up a weapon and chose to fight against an "enemy"--people that your government told you was the "enemy".
Now you suffer because of your actions.
I don't wish for you to be in pain. But what else could you have expected? You knew that there were risks when you hopped a plane and fought in war.
I can respect you for many things. But I won't respect you because you were a warrior.
Try to understand I am not whining for myself. I am fine. I do not regret one day in the military. It enabled me to go to college and get a MS geology. And a great career and secure retirement.

Try to understand I am outraged at your attitude about brave men and women with horrible injuries they suffered protecting your sorry ass.

They didn't volunteer to get maimed. They volunteered to protect your rights so among other things, you would be free to be gay.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Does lying come natural to you?
God Bless Natural liars.
Nope. How about yourself?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that where you learned how to speek Viet Cong? LMAO @ you.
There is no language called Viet Cong you moron.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Awww poor fella, you never have gotten over falling down that well. Hey blame your dad, had he been home and not turning tricks at the truck stop, he would have had time to look after you.
God Bless you and your dad.
Never fell down a well. Did it hurt?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

POOF wrote:
<quoted text>So you fell down the well and hurt your head. That explains a lot.
God Bless the hurt heads in this world, God Bless you Frankie.
Another great post Jiz. You're awesome.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you or did you not choose to go to war?
If you were drafted, then you could chosen to apply to be considered a conscientious objector. But since you're an agnostic, that probably wouldn't have gotten you very far.
You could have done like some people--sought refuge in Canada or some other location.
You could have simply said, "No, I'm not going. I don't believe in war. I'm not going to voluntarily put myself in harm's way. I'm not going to pull a trigger and kill someone." You probably would have been put in prison.
But at every step of the way, you had a choice. You took a risk.
You're lucky to have gotten out with your life. Many didn't--on both sides of the war.
By the way, have I said anything about "dickless veterans"? I'm pretty sure I haven't.
I just don't understand how someone who has options--some aren't pleasant--can allow themselves to be forced to go to war. And I REALLY don't understand why someone would voluntarily go to war or join the military.
"Thou shalt not kill" is one of the "Big Ten" to us Christians.
Christ clearly told us to "turn the other cheek". He told us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.
It baffles me as to how Christians can justify war--any war.
I understand you don't believe in God. That's fine. But you picked up a weapon and chose to fight against an "enemy"--people that your government told you was the "enemy".
Now you suffer because of your actions.
I don't wish for you to be in pain. But what else could you have expected? You knew that there were risks when you hopped a plane and fought in war.
I can respect you for many things. But I won't respect you because you were a warrior.
Clearly, "don't ask, don't tell" wasn't something that you were against, then. Any coward, such as you, could have gotten out of service by admitting to being gay.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to understand I am not whining for myself. I am fine. I do not regret one day in the military. It enabled me to go to college and get a MS geology. And a great career and secure retirement.
Try to understand I am outraged at your attitude about brave men and women with horrible injuries they suffered protecting your sorry ass.
They didn't volunteer to get maimed. They volunteered to protect your rights so among other things, you would be free to be gay.
Guys and girls like us step up, so that they may recede into the background and call us names. Nice, huh?

Niece going to Afghanistan in March.
:(
Knew it would happen, but not liking it, in spite of all of my pride and bragging...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

She goes and picks a nice, safe M.O.S. and then goes for the "Death From Above" job....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You graciousness will surely be ignored by the rainbow committee. No good deed goes unpunished.
Of course it will. And, there will be no reciprocation...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear hear!
P.S. Great post but Big D will ignore it as if you never posted it. Judging by experience, he will not respond.
You were right....again.
Thanks, BTW...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
VV will not criticize Big D no matter how outrageous Big D gets. And vice versa. It's a violation of the rainbow code.
No, he'd rather ask you questions that he deserves no answer to. Let him find out, on his own, if he dares....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) As you might imagine, your opinion of me is not something that I sit and fret about. You have been nasty to me in the past. And based on that, I assumed that you didn't have much of an opinion of me to begin with.
2.) To be perfectly honest, I do not read every comment you, Frankie, Big D, etc. post. Frankly, there are just too many. I only check TOPIX 3 or 4 times a day; sometimes more, sometimes less. So, I did not see the post that you're referring to.
3.) I think I've made it perfectly clear that I am not the TOPIX police. I rarely, if ever, "judge" a person's comment--either negatively or positively. If I happen to see a post where someone has said something that I REALLY do not agree with or I REALLY agree with, I might respond. Otherwise, don't expect me to come to someone's rescue, even if what is being said is offensive. I don't expect it of other people when I leave a comment. I can defend myself without anyone's help.
Nice dodge. Actually, it wasn't, but I get it. The old "Look away at the strategic moment" defense....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I read them. I especially noted this part "I only check TOPIX 3 or 4 times a day; sometimes more, sometimes less."
What a crock of sh!t. You post 1000's of words every day. I'm sure you read some of my short comments. 3 or 4 times a day indeed. You lie like a rug!
Yeah, and accused of hypocrisy, he says that he needs no defense.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read Frankie's posts, Laughing Man's posts, or ....the other dude in months.
Scroll right on past them, they're just being ass-trolls.
Awww, you're SO exclusive. You are sure "top shelf" for that....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stupidity and ongoing failure is not my problem.
Your incoherence is not my problem.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your inner lesbian is. LOL
I'm sure that's high humor, where you come from. Don't forget to laugh at your own jokes, afer sniffing some more glue.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"Some day, this war will be over." Colonel Kilgore said sadly.
"See that hill?"
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax frootloop spice queen.
I'll give you a WHOLE dollar to post something original...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2013

Judged:

No guests wrote:
I could not agree more. I lived in a condo for 3 years (rented from a family member) and while I see the benefits of ownership, it was more of a hassle than it was worth. Problems with loud neighbors? You can’t just call the apartment manager. Having to make “group decisions” on everything related to the building began to grate on me as well.
You need to buy a house. Even a trailer out in the woods is better than living in the menagerie...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 57 min drying out 7,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr Mis kites 15,915
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••