Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201846 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206331 Aug 1, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
They celebrate Diversity as long as you march in lockstep with them.
The only diversity that "they" celebrate is the perfume brands...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206332 Aug 1, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Just saying it like it is..
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206333 Aug 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good point and well said.
I love it when a simple description of reality destroys a false comparison.
Thank you.
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206334 Aug 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you can say that again... We're nowhere near the same path.
--Prove your comment that same-sex prostitution is more common than same-sex fidelity. I'd love to see the research.
--Prove that homosexuality has been a "defect" cross culturally. You insinuate that this has always been the case.
--Prove that science is on the verge of explaining how homosexuality is a "defect". Keep in mind that a natural process that might explain homosexuality is not inherently a "defect".
--I don't deny that marriage has been with us for quite some time. But as I explained to you earlier, legal marriage is around 4,000 years old.
Mankind has been around for about 200,000 years. So, marriage has only been around for a short time compared to the existence of modern mankind.
Bottom line, marriage isn't as old as you like to claim it is. In the cosmic scheme of things, it's a drop in the bucket of human history.
--You try to compare "common practice" to "biological need". A person can exist without marriage. A person cannot exist without water. Therefore marriage is a "common practice".
Waiting for your proof...
He doesn't have to. We all know.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206335 Aug 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) I didn't ask you this question. It was directly asked of Frankie.
2.) Your comments--including the opinion piece that you lift directly from your personal blog--does not explain how it is that Christians are given a green-light to engage in war.
3.) I am curious about how Frankie, personally, deals with this issue. I'm not interested in your beliefs; unless of course you are a veteran of war.
1) You'll never know.
2) Yyou'll not ever find out.
3) You'll never know, so, forget about it.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206336 Aug 1, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another funny hypocritical remark! Boy you're on a role, too bad you refuse to see the irony, I guess that comes from denial...'smirk'
It's too bad that you lacked a proper "roll" model...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206337 Aug 1, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
bigoted moron 3 o'clock left!
this post proves what a moron you are. "3 o'clock left"? Do you even know what you are trying to say? OMG....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206338 Aug 1, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww how cute, pappy tries to be funny..must be that ingrown a$$ hair choking your cerebral cortex..
...Right, and don't forget to check your "6:00 left", above you....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206339 Aug 1, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you refer to stating the truth as hateful ignorant bigotry? Sorry the truth bothers you, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's still truth.
Stop reading your own posts...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206340 Aug 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be the expert on that problem best so we'll defer all things ass to you.
Yeah, that's his "roll" in here...
WOOT! High Five!!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206341 Aug 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your response.
That's more than you would have gotten from me...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206342 Aug 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The Brown family says the same thing too.....now if they could only have legal recognition of their marriages.
Not gonna happen, since the SSSB crowd moved in and took over...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206343 Aug 1, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people think that Greg's recognition is more important than the state's? Show of hands!!!!!!
LOL!!!!
Smile jackass!!
Right here. He posts reality, and you wave some piece of scrap paper as if that defines reality. Don't worry about it, though, your dash for the cash paid off. You greedy little b@st@rds got what you wanted.$$$.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206344 Aug 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they're called husband and wife, and their relationship is legally valid in all 50 states.
How many times do we need to keep telling you this, I know some folks have learning disabilities but yours is phenomenal
Pay him no mind, he's paid to spew his rubbish.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206345 Aug 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people think that Joanie is full of baloney? Show of hands!!!!!
Right here! Already proven, too. He reads greybox posts...
A grip 12

Monrovia, CA

#206346 Aug 1, 2013
Get a grip rocky your slipping all over yourself lately, have you taken your meds?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206347 Aug 1, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
this post proves what a moron you are. "3 o'clock left"? Do you even know what you are trying to say? OMG....
But they're "smart" and the first to tell you so.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206348 Aug 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you might be. For repeatedly using a terrible disability to make your angry points.
There are very few veterans with their d!cks blown off and the few that exist aren't gonna go beat someone up for you.
Geez dude.
I'm hoping to hear on the news that his house got stormed by some angry vets...I know it won't happen, but I can wish, right?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206349 Aug 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not belittling people who happen to be sterile you ignorant moron, I am letting this religious idiot know his place. It is not to stand in judgment over others.
He is not in a position to belittle others marriages, just who does he think he is?
The veterans I know stick up for one another, it would be a lot of them
You're full of sh!t. Any vets that you may be lucky enough to know would smack you in the mouth. For belittling others, and for using them as threats.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206350 Aug 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep bringing up veterans "with the lower half of their bodies blown off, unable to have kids" and it's in very poor taste and disrespectful to say the very least. I call bullsh!t that you know even one like that who you could call for the time of day.
Amen to that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 26 Maria Anderson 157
Desert Hot Springs Police Dept. Great Public Se... Jul 17 Dorris 7
News Man petitions road name change to mend racial t... Jul 11 inewsmaster 1
Review: jumpers zone party rentals Jul 9 Yaneth 1
News SC Labs wins contract to test pot for Palm Springs Jul 9 LOLbumps 1
Plus Size clothes - Draper's & Damon's Jun '15 Tracy 2
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Jun '15 Mr Jon Doe 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages