Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,361 - 178,380 of 200,366 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

I've been reading the story about Detroit homes that list for a dollar but aren't sold, and passing through the parts about the decay made me think of Mikey the Stain.

Detroit has its rot, and now Civilization as a whole has too, thanks to SCROTUS and the Common Man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23812...
Farm Bill 2013

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

July 30, 2013

Anything's better than what's been posted before this one:

This month released “Farm Vote Follies,” a list of the 46 Republican House members who abandoned the interests of taxpayers by voting against at least nine out of 16 reform amendments to the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013, better known as the 2013 Farm Bill.

The legislation, which was defeated by a vote of 195-234 on June 20, failed to provide sufficient reform of the federal government’s labyrinthine, outdated, and wasteful agricultural policies, and several lawmakers offered worthy reform amendments, only to see their efforts shot down.

In many cases, those amendments – which included reforms to the sugar program, which enriches a tiny number of sugar processors at the expense of consumers and sugar-using manufacturers; the Market Access Program, which pays for commodity producers to market their wares overseas and is currently paying for a reality television fashion show in India; and crop insurance, which cost taxpayers a record $14 billion in fiscal year 2012 – were defeated with an assist from Republicans whose putative fiscally conservative values vanished when opportunities to serve special interests arose.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t need to lie, I have the luxury of being right
Look around at others that claim people say what they have not said, those are the ones that are admitting defeat by being dishonest.
LOL

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Koch rot wrote:
The 2014 midterm election cycle has not even officially started yet and already here's a taste of corporate and special interest election spending according to FEC filings:
•Lockheed Martin:$870,500
•American Bankers Association:$861,000
•Goldman Sachs:$530,500
•Altria (Philip Morris's parent co.):$475,215
•Exxon Mobil:$344,500
•JP Morgan Chase:$268,000
•NRA:$178,000
so what ? It's called "THE FIRST AMENDMENT". Obviously you're a liberal, since you are implacably opposed to The First Amendment.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "reality" isn't worth the imagined paper it's written on.
You could shack up with a woman for 50 years. You could be totally monogamous, been a perfect partner, an excellent father to your offspring, etc. But if you don't have that "paper"--you know the one that you say "reality smashes"--you don't get to call yourself "married". You don't get the protections and benefits of marriage.
I think you've just defiled yourself again.
Wrong.

Many countries have no legal 'paper'.

Government involvement involves only limited 'benefits and protections'. Most benefits and protections are outside government control.

You make the ridiculous assertion that a piece of paper is the primary element of marriage. How romantic...

The bottom line is this;

A mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage has a piece of paper that claims they are the same as married couples.

LOL
youtubeNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
learn to read, I didn't say national recognition liar
I said federal recognition, which they have, every legally preformed same sex marriage is recognized legally on the federal level.
You should learn to be more specific, when you post. Your statement leaves the implication that SSM is legal at all over the country. More propaganda. If you were interested in posting accurate truths, you would have said "at the state level and recognized by the Fed", not a broad, sweeping post like "at the state and federal level". This second one makes it sound like it's a national institution, which it is not. Funny, though, that none of the other posts got a response from you. Just this one......
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No they cant go around the Constitution and cant defy it....THAT IS WHAT THE STATE BANS ARE DOING....WHY SCOTUS NEEDS TO GET RID OF THEM THEY DEFY THE CONSTITUTION.
No, they do not, as the Constitution does not enumerate any mariage rights. It leaves the power to make such laws up to the individual states.
Can't defy what isn't there....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
And same sex being legal hurts no one and causes no pain to any party....
Laws and bans and rules are made to protect people and to keep from anyone or anything being harmed...WHAT HARM WOULD OR DOES SAME SEX MARRIAGE CAUSE RO WOULD CAUSE.
this bs should be funny.
Laws and bans and rules are 3 different things.
Start laughing.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are you commenting that your saying they are not really married carries exactly the same weight and validity as if I said that Christian marriages are not actually married.
Zero
My counter is reality, I have already destroyed every procreation argument you brought up, dashed all religious references to dust, and the law stands firmly behind what I am saying. Your arguments are not only countered, they are totally destroyed.
What is countered and destroyed is the sense of normalcy in our society. Our moral compass. Your corporate masters have no care about that.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Still having trouble with English
You lied about what I said, I didn’t say national recognition, I said federal recognition, every same sex couple legally married in a state that allows same sex marriage is also recognized as married on the federal level.
when you have to resort to lying about what other people have said, then you are admitting defeat.
I have also stated that a majority of voters in the US approve of same sex marriage, which is indicated in every major poll, including the polls owned and operated by Fox news.
Not at all. In fact, you omit any polls that disprove your bs...
Such as this one:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_marp6.h...

Or this one:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/181206/s...

Read on:
http://www.nomblog.com/6397

http://www.ctfamily.org/blog/2007/05/16/news-...

I mean, these are on the internet. Lies is what you are pushing, and we know it.

I found those here, and these were only the first page of results...
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Flabbergassed wrote:
This type of ban would not be out of line for many of the Glendora, California city council member's as they are all involved in kicking out senior citizen's from their low income apartments in the city.
So doing something like this.
Injured Afghanistan Vet Now Being Allowed To Fly Her American Flag As-Is.
I must say this is much better than what all the loud mouth hamster divers are posting about, don't ya think?
It's a worthy subject. That's for sure.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like he'd want to go to your wedding. I wouldn't want to be in the same state as someone who creates a profile to stalk me. Creep.
Got that right...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I have my whacky fans. I just keep 'em speechless.
These clowns wish that they were us...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
Nice.
I'm sure that the gays contingent would call the lamb a "hater" and a "traitor" though...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a free country, like it or not
You can look down on their marriages just as they can look down on your marriage and it means absolutely nothing whatsoever
The only thing that is important is legally.
And they re legally married, whether you personally like it or not.
The way to make money off of you of course is the conspiracy theory propaganda, easy money.
another failed joke.
Your company must like you, they pay you much for these posts, don't they?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Believers are very easy to make money off of, do you know how many people build "end of times" shelters and supplies in the 80's
Billion dollar industry
Yes, you moron, because Russia still had nuclear capability and an attack seemd possible. Dolt. Weren't you there?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I could write a book "Obama is hiding under your bed!"
You would buy it :)
Tell yourself that. In fact, start writing it.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who yanked your chain?
Corporate did. They are watching him, pissing all over himself, like an anxiety ridden puppy.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "reality" isn't worth the imagined paper it's written on.
You could shack up with a woman for 50 years. You could be totally monogamous, been a perfect partner, an excellent father to your offspring, etc. But if you don't have that "paper"--you know the one that you say "reality smashes"--you don't get to call yourself "married". You don't get the protections and benefits of marriage.
I think you've just defiled yourself again.
"Frankie Rizzo
Union City, CA
Actually in nine states you do."

So, there's that...
You should research a topic before posting about it, you make yourself look foolish when you don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Brian_G 7,851
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr tail pipe 4,898
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 21 hr Rayan 4
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Nose Jobs 641
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 31 at 9:26AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••