Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205753 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a free country, like it or not
You can look down on their marriages just as they can look down on your marriage and it means absolutely nothing whatsoever
The only thing that is important is legally.
And they re legally married, whether you personally like it or not.
The way to make money off of you of course is the conspiracy theory propaganda, easy money.
Who yanked your chain?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205754 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Believers are very easy to make money off of, do you know how many people build "end of times" shelters and supplies in the 80's
Billion dollar industry
"...make money off of" Oy vey. And you tell me I need English lessons. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205755 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I could write a book "Obama is hiding under your bed!"
You would buy it :)
We could write a book "Big D is not a liar" and no one would buy it figuratively or literally.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205756 Jul 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Creep.
I agree 100%. Kimare does sound creepy doesn't he?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205757 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a piece of paper.
Everyone knows reality smashes paper.
Smirk.
Your "reality" isn't worth the imagined paper it's written on.

You could shack up with a woman for 50 years. You could be totally monogamous, been a perfect partner, an excellent father to your offspring, etc. But if you don't have that "paper"--you know the one that you say "reality smashes"--you don't get to call yourself "married". You don't get the protections and benefits of marriage.

I think you've just defiled yourself again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205758 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. Kimare does sound creepy doesn't he?
Tell me honestly if you dare. Who is the creep Kimare, or someone whose sole purpose here including his profile name is to stalk Kimare?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205759 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You could shack up with a woman for 50 years. You could be totally monogamous, been a perfect partner, an excellent father to your offspring, etc. But if you don't have that "paper"--you know the one that you say "reality smashes"--you don't get to call yourself "married". You don't get the protections and benefits of marriage.
Actually in nine states you do.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#205760 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I could smell something rotten. Of course it would be ole KiMare.
Koch rot

Monrovia, CA

#205761 Jul 30, 2013
The 2014 midterm election cycle has not even officially started yet and already here's a taste of corporate and special interest election spending according to FEC filings:
•Lockheed Martin:$870,500
•American Bankers Association:$861,000
•Goldman Sachs:$530,500
•Altria (Philip Morris's parent co.):$475,215
•Exxon Mobil:$344,500
•JP Morgan Chase:$268,000
•NRA:$178,000

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#205762 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid you, people have built and used storm shelters since they first settled in the Midwest. If you had a clue, you might understand. And if you realized where the headquarters of the U.S. Strategic Command was located during the cold war. it might further educate you.

Elk Grove, CA

#205763 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The only book I would buy from you would be "Why do I lie so much?"
Farm Bill 2013

Monrovia, CA

#205764 Jul 30, 2013
This month released “Farm Vote Follies,” a list of the 46 Republican House members who abandoned the interests of taxpayers by voting against at least nine out of 16 reform amendments to the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013, better known as the 2013 Farm Bill.

The legislation, which was defeated by a vote of 195-234 on June 20, failed to provide sufficient reform of the federal government’s labyrinthine, outdated, and wasteful agricultural policies, and several lawmakers offered worthy reform amendments, only to see their efforts shot down.

In many cases, those amendments – which included reforms to the sugar program, which enriches a tiny number of sugar processors at the expense of consumers and sugar-using manufacturers; the Market Access Program, which pays for commodity producers to market their wares overseas and is currently paying for a reality television fashion show in India; and crop insurance, which cost taxpayers a record $14 billion in fiscal year 2012 – were defeated with an assist from Republicans whose putative fiscally conservative values vanished when opportunities to serve special interests arose.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205765 Jul 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The only book I would buy from you would be "Why do I lie so much?"
I don’t need to lie, I have the luxury of being right

Look around at others that claim people say what they have not said, those are the ones that are admitting defeat by being dishonest.

Elk Grove, CA

#205766 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look around at others that claim people say what they have not said, those are the ones that are admitting defeat by being dishonest.
LOL..
Farm Bill 2013

Monrovia, CA

#205767 Jul 30, 2013
Anything's better than what's been posted before this one:

This month released “Farm Vote Follies,” a list of the 46 Republican House members who abandoned the interests of taxpayers by voting against at least nine out of 16 reform amendments to the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013, better known as the 2013 Farm Bill.

The legislation, which was defeated by a vote of 195-234 on June 20, failed to provide sufficient reform of the federal government’s labyrinthine, outdated, and wasteful agricultural policies, and several lawmakers offered worthy reform amendments, only to see their efforts shot down.

In many cases, those amendments – which included reforms to the sugar program, which enriches a tiny number of sugar processors at the expense of consumers and sugar-using manufacturers; the Market Access Program, which pays for commodity producers to market their wares overseas and is currently paying for a reality television fashion show in India; and crop insurance, which cost taxpayers a record $14 billion in fiscal year 2012 – were defeated with an assist from Republicans whose putative fiscally conservative values vanished when opportunities to serve special interests arose.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205768 Jul 30, 2013
I've been reading the story about Detroit homes that list for a dollar but aren't sold, and passing through the parts about the decay made me think of Mikey the Stain.

Detroit has its rot, and now Civilization as a whole has too, thanks to SCROTUS and the Common Man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23812...
Farm Bill 2013

Monrovia, CA

#205769 Jul 30, 2013
July 30, 2013

Anything's better than what's been posted before this one:

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205770 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#205771 Jul 30, 2013
Koch rot wrote:
The 2014 midterm election cycle has not even officially started yet and already here's a taste of corporate and special interest election spending according to FEC filings:
•Lockheed Martin:$870,500
•American Bankers Association:$861,000
•Goldman Sachs:$530,500
•Altria (Philip Morris's parent co.):$475,215
•Exxon Mobil:$344,500
•JP Morgan Chase:$268,000
•NRA:$178,000
so what ? It's called "THE FIRST AMENDMENT". Obviously you're a liberal, since you are implacably opposed to The First Amendment.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205772 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

Many countries have no legal 'paper'.

Government involvement involves only limited 'benefits and protections'. Most benefits and protections are outside government control.

You make the ridiculous assertion that a piece of paper is the primary element of marriage. How romantic...

The bottom line is this;

A mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage has a piece of paper that claims they are the same as married couples.

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Tue Big Hairy Pink Pu... 720
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Tue Alex 15
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Mon Jean 5
Review: Simple Cash Nov 22 NoLongerTheirClient 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Nov 21 A Ha 152
Desert Hot Springs Missing Out On Revenue Nov 20 Dale 5
Review: Coachella Valley Collection Service Nov 18 Socochick 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs