Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,221 - 178,240 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
They cannot....Pethky little Conthtitutional detailth...
Yes they can. BECAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION.....Civil rights cant be stomped on by bigoted states...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dopey ad hominem.
The dopiest....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to even once accepted reality
Same sex couple are married, legally, and recognized on both the state and federal level.
Not in all states. Only in a minority. And let's all hope it stays that way...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The qualifications are simple. The parties must be of age, able to consent, not closely related by blood, not currently married, and of the opposite sex. You're operating from the position that personal same sex intimate sexual relationships are marriage, and are considered as such by a broad consensus. Thirty state bans say other wise.
Excellent post, sir.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
But coming, more every year... National recognition was a very big step.
More and more large companies are piling on, they no longer want offices in states where their employees marriages are not recognized.
The pressure is on in every direction
Politically now that a majority of voters favor same sex marriage, the speed will escalate
Not everyone wants to work for Chick a Fill
Big D lie #....Well, I've lost track. NOT "National recognition" at all. Recognized in a few. Your company playbook has you going off the deep end.
"More and more large companies are piling on" in spite of the fact that they have NO business engaing in politics and tiiping the scales through the manipulation of jobs and money. they are not in existence to control national policy.
"The pressure is on in every direction" from corporate entities that have no place doing so.
"a majority of voters favor same sex marriage" is a LIE! I have told you, you liar, that I can disporve what your little black book tells you to say. Why won't you answer my challenge? You know that you are lying and depending upon propagandist trollsites to further your lies. It is why you ignore my offer. Never once have you even addressed my offer. Even acknowledged it. We both know that you lie.
well

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. You're saying that "prolapsing" your buddy is to be allowed, because of some failures on our side.
Who or what caused the prolapse of your mouth? Nothing but shit comes out of it! Please get yourself some mental help...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
1) So have I, around the world more than once and very well read
2) I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.
3) I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to
4)I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.
5) You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.
6) Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
1) Not as much as you pretend.
2) Yes, you do. And religion, to boot.
3) Not as much as I have, I'll wager.
4) No, obviously. you have no faith, except in your corporation, and their total control of you.
5) you are making up so much stuff, I'm surprised that you will even post in here, at all.
6) They exist in a minority of states, much to the chagrin of the majority of the population.
I can't stand a liar or a thief. and, you are both. you lie when you post in here, and you even stole from your own kids.
You're an owned, propagandist tool.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I question the faith of any Christian that stands in judgment of others.
You don't have the right.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
What can be expected from a tool? His company owns him, and he is afraid to go against the corporation.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So have I, around the world more than once and very well read
I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.
I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to
I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.
You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.
Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
And, all you are is a parrot. Trained to make noise. That's all.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>explaining different options is not considered judging a person, don't be so judgmental.
He's just a "bought anbd paid for" bag of hot air.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you expose another lie about knowing religions.
Nothing but lies from him...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
However the constant belittling and judgment comments KiMare has made, is
Shuddup, corporate fool.... Go sell that to the investors...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wong.:)
Know, Study and believe are 3 very different words
Playing word games...Very good. The Chairman will give you a bigger cubicle...
You lied, and got caught.....again.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for plural marriages.
<quoted text>
Then you would recognize plural marriage/polygamy is recognized by many religions around the world.
<quoted text>
So you use secularism as your excuse for the kind of hatred and spite you display here.
<quoted text>
Plural marriages do exist, and in more cultures and times than SSM. Even in this country, albeit without legal recognition, and in some places subject to criminal sanction. Yet you ignore the very reality of plural marriage families, as though they are not worthy of your respect, due in part for,your hatred of all things religious.No SIR, it is YOU, who knows nothing about marriage. You treat SSM as a secular sacred cow, and belittle those who would dare oppose such a fundamental social change, as if the only opposition could be borne of "bigotry". A "bigotry" that only you and others who share such a view are allowed to define. I suggest you examine your true motivations for belittling individuals who object to the rejection of conjugal marriage in several states, and the efforts by some to extend that rejection nationwide.
Amen!
And, So Mote It Be..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does it need to be. I should remind you SIR, that marriage, the legally recognized union of husband and wife is just that. A union of both sexes. Recognition of marriage contains within it, the understanding of marriage as a sexual union, one that can and does, create new life. Are you not familiar with such terms as"consummation", "marital relations", and "presumption of paternity" , words that reference the male female sexual union?
No SIR the nation loses when we reject the understanding of marriage as a monogamous conjugal union. Where is the line drawn? Are you willing to accept other alternative forms of marriage, such as plural marriage, which is far older and has been, and is, practiced in far more times and places than SSM, in the name of Orwellian "marriage equality"?
Big D....Little Child, more like...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I am straight, secondly, I am not afraid of any judgment.
If some evil toad sits on a throne and proclaims "worship me or I will torture you" I would rather be tortured than worship such an evil thing, I don't negotiate with terrorists
Damn, sonnie, you show your a$$ more and more, with every post.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Cowboy Dan wrote:
<quoted text>you shut yoiur trap yoiu son of sam, he's the best president and is very honest over that bushy you had!
You're ridiculous.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if your assessment were true, you lie.
If you really believed that, you would be the first in line to acquiesce.
You are pretending brave and playing dumb.
He'd sell us ALL out, for a buck...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not kidding, if you proved beyond all doubt that the evil thing you worship actually was a god, I would not worship that evil thing
OOoohh, you so big and stwong....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr Mis kites 15,915
Review: Rich's Painting Wed Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Wed Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Wed AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Wed Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••