Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
177,721 - 177,740 of 200,341 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only responding to someone who seemed to claim that a somewhat famous gay radio personality supported "monogam-ish" relationships; as though all gay people feel this way.
And I pointed out that their comment was about as valid as saying Newt Gingrich is an example of how all straight, married people look at their wedding vows.
For the record, I would never tolerate anything other than a 100% monogamous relationship. A boyfriend of mine--an attorney who was often out of town--once asked me, "What if we saw people on the side? We'd still be boyfriends, just played with other guys."
I told him he could put his dick in his pants and get out of my house. Never responded to any of his calls; wouldn't see him again.
My thought was if he was asking for permission, he'd already fooled around.
I'm not interested in that.
Granted not all gay men feel this way, but as both Dan Savage has suggested, and Andrew Sullivan as revealed, male relationships tend to be less monogamous than their lesbian counter part. It does illustrate the different attitudes, even among SSRs that men and women have, in regards to sex.
Council AnnouncerNEWS

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Kim wrote:
This has got to be the most bassackwards state in the Union. Florida is a close runner up. Thank God we are getting the hell out of here in a couple of weeks. Have fun peeps.
We will, of course miss you. Please remember to remove personal items and trash and thoroughly police your camp site before leaving. Your vagrancy, public indecency and public intoxication fines and other penalties are all due and payable at this time. Court orders against you remain your responsibility. Please see the clerk for plea and scheduling of your court appearance dates. The market company has requested the return of their shopping cart, on a no fault, no questions asked basis. Good bye.
Amy

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
<quoted text>
I agree.
Thank you Rocky for taking the time to specifically address and expose gay twirl!
LOL Bigoted Asstroll twirl! Then patting themselves on the back for it! Keep going guys, you're proving to be the old, arrogant pieces of sh*t the I always knew you were.
RogerThat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA --

http://youtu.be/1tFxM_Vsg5g

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
<quoted text>
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.
Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.
<quoted text>
Gay twirl with vvery much pontification...
This reality still remains; The claim of marriage for ss couples is as real as your assertion it will change the lack of longevity endemic in them.
As to your 'prophecy'? History is not very supportive, is it?
History hasn't been too kind to slaves and women. But look at them now. Even though illegal slavery continues to exist, there isn't a country on the planet that sanctions the enslavement of others. And women have made amazing strides over the past century or so.

That's where we are in this country (and around the world). As I have said numerous times, since the Age of Enlightenment, scientists, political leaders, some religious leaders, and society in general have stopped relying on myths and focus now on scientific knowledge, freedom, and equality.

So there you have it... The LGBT movement is just another step along the way towards a path of equality for all.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

And gay folks are still legally marrying all over the country, in more states every year, and their marriages are ALL recognized at the federal level.

It's better to simply accept reality.
Reffering

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Which ban are you refereeing too?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
AssTroll, are you a Dyke or a Fagg@t?
Whoever they are, they are a human being, not a silly label.

Just like you.

Please get help.
JBH

Delta, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Inside US, Snowden has at least 66% support when most people call him A HERO AND say it is not constitutional to spy on people.

Outside US, when people are more objective, he has AT LEAST 80% SUPPORT.

NSA is a bad direction by trying to impose as the world police state, which is very wrong and does not make sense in these modern times, but they have no such jurisdiction outside US in policing

If US is the turf of police state AND NSA WERE TO HACK, JUST hack inside US, only.

All they do is to want to know what general public are doing in their private lives by snooping on them.

There are less than 0.00001% terrorists and 2% criminals as they hack all the wrong people wrongly all the time.

So in order to search their objective by randomness, the task is cumbersome to make tedious chaos causing destruction than doing any good.

Terrorists and big criminals have systems that cannot be easily detected as NSA is merely collecting data to expand the database, for that is troubling to world public.

As they don't know and have know-how to catch terrorists and criminals, they hack the universities and many good people and such, which gives a lot of disturbance and harms to people's computers and private lives.

Thus, they can end up acting as criminals to have no such rights to be a world police, while instead, they are so stupid and destructive and hack the wrong people all the time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, when a couple maintains their vows, marriage ends up the healthiest and happiest relationship of any.
Thanks, but someone who has been married for 36 years, and in love for 18 of those years isn't exactly the type of individual I'd take advice from.

Troll on, Hunty.

Oh yeah!!! Still married here, and your opinions seem to have been powerless to stop that. Pity.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
And gay folks are still legally marrying all over the country, in more states every year, and their marriages are ALL recognized at the federal level.
It's better to simply accept reality.
Plenty of us have accepted that Caligula depends on the lower I.Q. of the Common Man.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Isn't that why you desperately want to hammer a bent rod in a straight hole?
If you knew anything about gay sex, you'd be painfully aware that we're completely avoiding "straight holes".

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Bigoted Asstroll twirl! Then patting themselves on the back for it! Keep going guys, you're proving to be the old, arrogant pieces of sh*t the I always knew you were.
Too funny, you've done nothing on here but personally assault those you disagree with. The troll is you.

If you don't have a defense for your demands, what are you doing on here? Put up, or shut up honey.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever they are, they are a human being, not a silly label.
Just like you.
Please get help.
But you and your angry sidekicks are always screaming "Homophobe!" "Bigot!" "Hater!!"

Whoever they are, they are human beings not a silly label. Just like you.

Please get help.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Lord, you must have misread what I wrote. I have never claimed that we invented marriage. We just intend on doing a better job at it.
Like I said, so many of the same-gender couples who are currently getting married have already been together for years. And same-gender couples who adopt children REALLY want them. You should see the hoops they have to jump through in order to qualify. You tend to appreciate things that you have been denied.
You guys have just gotten sloppy is all. But we'll be happy to let you to follow our lead from now on.
So manipulating a contract to establish a counterfeit relationship is going to take ss couples from a horrible track record to the best?

Please don't make me hold my breath...

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember my history well, and I do, I believe you'll find that interracial couples had to fight for the right to marry. That ban was overturned in 1967 by way of judicial intervention.
As far as your marriage being balanced--hardly. Divorce, domestic violence, child abuse, abortion, parental abandonment... Those things are on YOU.
See, you like to paint the LGBT community with a pretty broad brush, but then freak out if we do the same to you.
I think it's precious when you've bought into your own bullshit rhetoric.
You guys need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. It ain't pretty.
If I remember my history well, and I do,

interracial marriages have existed in every culture in human history.

Ss couples being married? Incredibly rare and marginal instances that were often an aberration in the society.

As to the condition of marriage now? You can thank government for the last time they redefined marriage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
History hasn't been too kind to slaves and women. But look at them now. Even though illegal slavery continues to exist, there isn't a country on the planet that sanctions the enslavement of others. And women have made amazing strides over the past century or so.
That's where we are in this country (and around the world). As I have said numerous times, since the Age of Enlightenment, scientists, political leaders, some religious leaders, and society in general have stopped relying on myths and focus now on scientific knowledge, freedom, and equality.
So there you have it... The LGBT movement is just another step along the way towards a path of equality for all.
Vv, claiming identity with other members of society is simply wishful thinking if you are not honest about your distinctions.

The military is in the middle of problems because they deny gender and orientation distinctions. You demand the denial of orientation distinctions in marriage.

Dishonesty and denial creates a wicked bitch slap from reality...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew anything about gay sex, you'd be painfully aware that we're completely avoiding "straight holes".
Painful being the key word...
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty of us have accepted that Caligula depends on the lower I.Q. of the Common Man.
You need to go watch your Penthouse movie again laughing boy, as much as you wanted to see it, Male on male sex wasn't depicted in it. AGAIN READ!..Learn some real history! Moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 8 hr Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Twilight sun 7,851
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 23 AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 23 Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••