Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,979

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205082 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Outstanding post!
I agree.

Thank you Rocky for taking the time to specifically address and expose gay twirl!
Kim

Palm Springs, CA

#205083 Jul 27, 2013
This has got to be the most bassackwards state in the Union. Florida is a close runner up. Thank God we are getting the hell out of here in a couple of weeks. Have fun peeps.

Location hidden

#205084 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
<quoted text>
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.
Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homosexuals will not find peace through denial."
So ominous...
How do you figure that we'll never find peace?
Are you psychic?
Are you capable of channeling the emotions of every homosexual you've ever encountered?
Maybe you are like a Jedi and can just "sense" these things.
Let me tell you when homosexuals will experience peace... When ignorant, lying, egomaniacs such as yourself finally give up hounding us.
Many of us experience peace in spite of your best efforts to involve yourself into our lives.
In case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), gays and lesbians are experiencing joy the likes of which we haven't had in a very long time.
Marriages are taking place around the world. People are being honest with themselves; embracing their identity on a scale not seen in modern history. We can work, recreate, worship, create families, and LIVE life without worrying about being locked up or executed.
Seems pretty joyous to me...
It's people like you who are experiencing pain, fear, confusion, and anger. You've had to ratchet up your rhetoric in an attempt to stem the tide of our joy. And to your dismay, it hasn't worked.
You're a relic. You represent a bygone belief system. The world that you grew up in doesn't exist anymore.
And all you can do is throw out threats of an unhappy life. That's all you've got... Fear tactics...
Bye, bye, Kim... It must have been a hell of a ride for you and people like you.
Your grandkids will grow up in a world where gays and lesbians will be accepted as group of people who are minimally different than them. They will see us as equals. They won't fear or revile us.
Many people around the world have already embraced this reality. It's poor schlubs like you who are suffering.
Gay twirl with vvery much pontification...

This reality still remains; The claim of marriage for ss couples is as real as your assertion it will change the lack of longevity endemic in them.

As to your 'prophecy'? History is not very supportive, is it?

Location hidden

#205085 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Our marriages follow the norm, as decided by the society in which we live. Our marriages never required a fight against society, common sense, politicically-skewed courts and popular opinion to be recognized. Ours are natural. Balanced. Everything that they should be. Being with the person we love is not what we are debating. Our marriages will never count as much as yours? LOL You are now enacting another of my predictions, namely, that of becoming the "new mainstream ones". Revisionists nonsense. We are now being subjugated, relegated to 2nd class status? ROFLMAO. We are obeying the strictures set for us. Money is meant to be spent, as we see fit, no matter what our orientation. We have the market cornered on baby statistics, because we are the "breeders", remember? Tal about that when you guys have caught up, will ya? Not so easy to turn things when we keep our eyes on the rational, and refuse to fall for the hypnosis act.
Good one!

Location hidden

#205086 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, I've seen bipolar. And it looks something like the enraged silliness you just spewed forth.
Here's another clue re: bipolar disorder... Posting comments every 2 to 5 minutes is an indication of mania.
When I come on here and have to wade through page after page of yours and Frankie's gibberish, I think to myself, "Now there's something that about 1800mg of Lithium would fix."
If you look back at my posts, RARELY to I come to anyone's aid. I figure if they're adult enough to make a post, they don't need my input.
And if someone's being an ass, that's on them. If it's particularly ridiculous, I might say something. I don't appreciate attacks on honest to God Christians. And I've stood up for Christians routinely on this and other forums.
But if you think I come here to take sides, you're wrong. You guys are like a pack of wild dogs. You, Frankie and Kim are always "high-fiving" one another, like this is a game.
I'm kind of embarrassed for you when you do it. It's VERY childish.
You want to play "he said, she said", that's fine by me. I'll just keep posting in the manner that I've posted for the past several years.
He responds with accuracy to your troll attack, and you ignore the facts and remount a troll attack.

As much as you get reamed on here, I'm shocked you are still so full of it.

Location hidden

#205087 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The benchmark, huh... Interesting...
1.)$72,000,000,000 spent on weddings in this country each year. Average cost of a wedding today is $20,000. What a spectacle.
2.)$175,000,000,000 spent on divorce litigation in this country each year. Divorce costs an estimated $30,000,000,000 to tax payers each year.
3.) 40,000,000 abortions each year world wide. In just over 7 years, you straight people put to death about 300,000,000 babies. That's equal to the population of America.
4.) There are approximately 24,000,000 kids in America without a father figure.
----------
Wouldn't you agree that those are some pretty staggering numbers?
I'd say your collective values on marriage and family pretty much suck.
So, when you offer yourself up as "the benchmark", I say "No thanks..."
And yet, when a couple maintains their vows, marriage ends up the healthiest and happiest relationship of any.

Isn't that why you desperately want to hammer a bent rod in a straight hole?

Location hidden

#205088 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember my history well, and I do, I believe you'll find that interracial couples had to fight for the right to marry. That ban was overturned in 1967 by way of judicial intervention.
As far as your marriage being balanced--hardly. Divorce, domestic violence, child abuse, abortion, parental abandonment... Those things are on YOU.
See, you like to paint the LGBT community with a pretty broad brush, but then freak out if we do the same to you.
I think it's precious when you've bought into your own bullshit rhetoric.
You guys need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. It ain't pretty.
Just a couple points you fail to mention;

-The failure of marriage today was predicated by government redefinition of marriage. You want to try that again...

-While domestic violence in marriage fell (because the marriage ended), domestic violence outside of marriage is epidemic. In my youth, the real violence was against men who hit women.

Forget the mirror, try some honest with what is right in front of your face!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205089 Jul 27, 2013
As has been said, it's always gay bedwetting, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

It's about time I bought a bottle of vodka to see if I like it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205091 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only responding to someone who seemed to claim that a somewhat famous gay radio personality supported "monogam-ish" relationships; as though all gay people feel this way.
And I pointed out that their comment was about as valid as saying Newt Gingrich is an example of how all straight, married people look at their wedding vows.
For the record, I would never tolerate anything other than a 100% monogamous relationship. A boyfriend of mine--an attorney who was often out of town--once asked me, "What if we saw people on the side? We'd still be boyfriends, just played with other guys."
I told him he could put his dick in his pants and get out of my house. Never responded to any of his calls; wouldn't see him again.
My thought was if he was asking for permission, he'd already fooled around.
I'm not interested in that.
Granted not all gay men feel this way, but as both Dan Savage has suggested, and Andrew Sullivan as revealed, male relationships tend to be less monogamous than their lesbian counter part. It does illustrate the different attitudes, even among SSRs that men and women have, in regards to sex.
Council AnnouncerNEWS

Sonoma, CA

#205092 Jul 27, 2013
Kim wrote:
This has got to be the most bassackwards state in the Union. Florida is a close runner up. Thank God we are getting the hell out of here in a couple of weeks. Have fun peeps.
We will, of course miss you. Please remember to remove personal items and trash and thoroughly police your camp site before leaving. Your vagrancy, public indecency and public intoxication fines and other penalties are all due and payable at this time. Court orders against you remain your responsibility. Please see the clerk for plea and scheduling of your court appearance dates. The market company has requested the return of their shopping cart, on a no fault, no questions asked basis. Good bye.
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#205093 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I agree.
Thank you Rocky for taking the time to specifically address and expose gay twirl!
LOL Bigoted Asstroll twirl! Then patting themselves on the back for it! Keep going guys, you're proving to be the old, arrogant pieces of sh*t the I always knew you were.
RogerThat

AOL

#205095 Jul 27, 2013

OPEN YOUR EYES AMERICA --

http://youtu.be/1tFxM_Vsg5g

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205096 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
<quoted text>
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.
Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.
<quoted text>
Gay twirl with vvery much pontification...
This reality still remains; The claim of marriage for ss couples is as real as your assertion it will change the lack of longevity endemic in them.
As to your 'prophecy'? History is not very supportive, is it?
History hasn't been too kind to slaves and women. But look at them now. Even though illegal slavery continues to exist, there isn't a country on the planet that sanctions the enslavement of others. And women have made amazing strides over the past century or so.

That's where we are in this country (and around the world). As I have said numerous times, since the Age of Enlightenment, scientists, political leaders, some religious leaders, and society in general have stopped relying on myths and focus now on scientific knowledge, freedom, and equality.

So there you have it... The LGBT movement is just another step along the way towards a path of equality for all.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#205099 Jul 27, 2013
And gay folks are still legally marrying all over the country, in more states every year, and their marriages are ALL recognized at the federal level.

It's better to simply accept reality.
Reffering

Monrovia, CA

#205100 Jul 27, 2013
Which ban are you refereeing too?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#205101 Jul 27, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
AssTroll, are you a Dyke or a Fagg@t?
Whoever they are, they are a human being, not a silly label.

Just like you.

Please get help.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#205102 Jul 27, 2013
Inside US, Snowden has at least 66% support when most people call him A HERO AND say it is not constitutional to spy on people.

Outside US, when people are more objective, he has AT LEAST 80% SUPPORT.

NSA is a bad direction by trying to impose as the world police state, which is very wrong and does not make sense in these modern times, but they have no such jurisdiction outside US in policing

If US is the turf of police state AND NSA WERE TO HACK, JUST hack inside US, only.

All they do is to want to know what general public are doing in their private lives by snooping on them.

There are less than 0.00001% terrorists and 2% criminals as they hack all the wrong people wrongly all the time.

So in order to search their objective by randomness, the task is cumbersome to make tedious chaos causing destruction than doing any good.

Terrorists and big criminals have systems that cannot be easily detected as NSA is merely collecting data to expand the database, for that is troubling to world public.

As they don't know and have know-how to catch terrorists and criminals, they hack the universities and many good people and such, which gives a lot of disturbance and harms to people's computers and private lives.

Thus, they can end up acting as criminals to have no such rights to be a world police, while instead, they are so stupid and destructive and hack the wrong people all the time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#205104 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, when a couple maintains their vows, marriage ends up the healthiest and happiest relationship of any.
Thanks, but someone who has been married for 36 years, and in love for 18 of those years isn't exactly the type of individual I'd take advice from.

Troll on, Hunty.

Oh yeah!!! Still married here, and your opinions seem to have been powerless to stop that. Pity.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205105 Jul 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
And gay folks are still legally marrying all over the country, in more states every year, and their marriages are ALL recognized at the federal level.
It's better to simply accept reality.
Plenty of us have accepted that Caligula depends on the lower I.Q. of the Common Man.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#205106 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Isn't that why you desperately want to hammer a bent rod in a straight hole?
If you knew anything about gay sex, you'd be painfully aware that we're completely avoiding "straight holes".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr surfboards 7,957
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 17 hr theos 2,276
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sat ET SNELL 26
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
Do you approve of Mary Bono Mack as Representat... (Jul '12) Sat marcella williams 4
Scottish-Americans mixed on keeping kingdom united Sat James 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Palm Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Palm Springs