Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,901 - 176,920 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
How did Prop 8 work out in California? ROTFLAMO
Huge FAIL.....
Not to worry, your troubles are just begining
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, did you just "come out" as bisexual?
lol... you know he did
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We both know and understand no such thing.
Only a ss couple who need protection to have sex would tell a heterosexual couple who need protection not to procreate that it doesn't matter.
Ss couples just don't equate to marriage. You will never be more than 'marriage LIGHT'. REALLY light. So light, relationship would qualify!
Smile.
wrong again, as legally married as you or I or anyone else.

still trying to cope? Try your standard tactic, when you canít face reality, run to your fantasy
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion, once again.
Duly noted and dismissed, once again.
Troll on, GDK.
Yes, what did you say your name was, again?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal people no, but fundamentalists seem to need their bible to tell them it's wrong. They are whacky that way.
<quoted text>
LOL!! Congratulations. You've joined Brian_G on the pedestal of idiocy. You are now tied to be the Village Idiot.
This liar here imagines himself to be the proclaimed expert on idiots. Wonder why this poster is so enamored on giving away his title of "Idiot"? This is the same liar that claims to not read graybox posts, but responds to Big D, a grayboxer.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time for you to take your meds.
You can go now, we're done with you. You have no impact on anyone here.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Traynon's ways live on ... Our president and skinny Al Sharpton will see to that!!!!
If Bonebag Al had his way, those riots that I've predicted would have already come to pass ...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that Big D, is incorrect, his statement that the Fed, and many states recoginize same sex marriage is not true. Thats not an opinion, its a fact Buttercup.
The Fed recognizes the States right to define marriage in its own way, not the Feds mandated version of it.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Senility setting in or are you like Brian_G, and go into rewind.
That's called a joke. It's humor, that is scarce in here...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a state matter. I support whatever each state decides. You should too.
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as SSM.
That was how I read it..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Jesus Christ... Sometimes reading your posts is like herding cats.
2) Yes, there are absolute truths. If someone chops your head off, you die. That is an absolute truth.
3) Marriage, being a manmade construct, does not have absolute and universal parameters.
4) And, yes, I want to change the "historic" definition of marriage because the "historic" definition of marriage does not meet the needs of a segment of tax-paying, law-abiding citizens of this country.
Don't throw "history" at me. If we based every single aspect of our lives on the way our ancestors interacted with their environment, then we'd still be hunter/gatherers; living in caves or some other such nonsense.
5) "Marriage" is no different than any other aspect of people's lives. It isn't static. It has changed multiple times over the eons and depending on which culture you live(d) in.
6) And talk about childish... You want your marriage to have a "distinct description".
7)Girl, if you walk into a room of people with your wife and they can't tell that you're married, to one another then you have more problems than just getting to own the "rights" to the word "marriage".
Having same-sex couples legally married in this country has done nothing to your marriage. You know it; I know it...
1) No, it isn't. Those meds must have you confused.
2) So, it is also an absolute truth that marriage has never, up until now, ever meant 2 of the same gender.
3) It used to not need any. It used to be that men and women had roles. Real, relevant roles. now, due to legal chicanery, anything will do. We are devolving, as a society, and you celebrate this, as advancement. Sad.
4) They knew what was right and wrong. They weren't confused and tied up by legal jargon. They had a clearer vision.
5) Oh? In what ways has it "changed multiple times over the eons"? Other than this "less than 2 decades old" change? This new, artificial construct, intended to placate a deviant segment of society?
6) It does. You are forcing your way into a club, as are the illegal immigran...invaders. They are wrong, too.You would prefer that any words be used to describe.....anything?
7) If proper etiquette is observed, any strangers in the room will receive an introduction, along with the details of "this is my wife/husband". This is etiquette. It is a display of manners, used to avoid awkwardness or misunderstandings. But then, if this needs to be explained to you, then you must not have much time in, with "city folk"...

I would imagine that an extended set of silverware would also confuse you.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe is your fault for slurring your words. You need to put the bottle and drugs down you clown. Also your dago accent doesn't help you nut-sack
Those are the voices in your head...
Posts do not talk.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>He did not post his opinion, he posted a fact. Same sex marriage is a fact that is recoginized by the federal and many state governments as being equal to heterosexual marriage
Do have a great day, get out side and cheer up, the big dirt nap is heading your way.
D has plenty of opinions. You might not have noticed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>So you the support the ban on polygamy, as well as ssm. Nice job
No, he doesn't. He supports the states rights to make one, but not the decision itself.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You still got nothing. Repetition = the argument of fools.
Guess what? I'm still a c*nt, and you're still legally married.
Smile.
You had that wrong, scrote, but I have corrected it, for you.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"hijacking" !!! LOL!!!
blah blah blah...(Edited for sensibility, and lucidity)
Smile.
Hijacking. Appropriation. The redfinition of the word is a hijacking.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Tuipd wrote:
tuipid frank - keeps leaking all over.
Not Frank. You let your Depends get loose.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>An Irish man has been at a pub all night drinking. The bartender finally says that the bar is closed. So your man stands up to leave and falls flat on his face. He figures he'll crawl outside and get some fresh air and maybe that will sober him up.
Once outside he stands up but again falls flat on his face. He crawls home. Reaching the door he tries to stand up, and yet again, falls flat on his face. He crawls through the door and up the stairs. When he reaches his bed he summons the last of his strength and tries one final time to stand.
It's no use. He tumbles into bed and is soon sound asleep, only to awaken the next morning to the sound of his wife standing over him shouting.
'So... you've been out drinking again!'
'How did you know?' he asks, his head hung in shame.
'The pub called-- you left your damn wheelchair down there again!'
Not that I mind, but....
Aren't you exhibiting some instability here? You called Frank "senile" for telling a joke. Now, you're emulating him?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>An Irish man has been at a pub all night drinking. The bartender finally says that the bar is closed. So your man stands up to leave and falls flat on his face. He figures he'll crawl outside and get some fresh air and maybe that will sober him up.
Once outside he stands up but again falls flat on his face. He crawls home. Reaching the door he tries to stand up, and yet again, falls flat on his face. He crawls through the door and up the stairs. When he reaches his bed he summons the last of his strength and tries one final time to stand.
It's no use. He tumbles into bed and is soon sound asleep, only to awaken the next morning to the sound of his wife standing over him shouting.
'So... you've been out drinking again!'
'How did you know?' he asks, his head hung in shame.
'The pub called-- you left your damn wheelchair down there again!'
BTW, that was good one...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply point pout that you cannot accept reality
no one has hijacked anything, I was married before same sex couples, I am still married, no change, no harm.
The reality is that same sex couples are married, and recognized at the state and federal level.
Now if your marriage was hijacked, I am not surprised, I cannot imagine you being in a very strong mirage in the first place. No harm came to my marriage
Except for the prestige loss. Since you probably had no pride in it, to begin with, I'm not surprised that you failed to notice it...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rich's Painting 8 min Spectacular job 1
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 2 hr Alice 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Ocean 7,835
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) 8 hr AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 13 hr Shellys Husband is Strong 635
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 6:43PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search