Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,819)

Showing posts 176,361 - 176,380 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
See my last post.
Why? Will it magically have relevance the second time around?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the same Bible that was written by slave owners? You know the one, don't you, that they used to support the buying and selling of human beings for centuries.
What happened to that Bible?
It's still around. It's enjoyed particularly by that lovely Christian founded group known as the Ku Klux Klan.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You sell it pretty good against those despicable people who believe in God.
Oh not all of them are despicable, just the ones that use it as an excuse for hatred and bigotry, who follow some parts but ignore other parts, and those that wish to force it upon others and their children without their consent.

Not everyone

Just the ones posting on this forum :)

A tiny percentage of them

I am sure there are some good Christians out there, just none here so far.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Hey don't give me the atheist sermon. I was taught to see things as they are. How dare I stand up for my beliefs...LOL I'm sure you could do the same thing as all the atheists do and take a verse here and then one there. When you read a book, do you read a sentence there and and one here? Stop throwing your atheist religion at me.
No, that's how fundamentalists read it. a verse here, a verse there. That's why the only Leviticus code they can site is about men lying with men, while at the same time completely ignoring that the same codes state that cutting one's hair, eating shellfish, sending menstruating women out of the home, and touching pig skin (you know, like a football) are all equally abominable to your Sky Santa.

Since you seem to think you know so much about us Atheists, you should already know that on the whole we tend to know your book very well. It's how we are able to dismiss it so easily.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh not all of them are despicable, just the ones that use it as an excuse for hatred and bigotry, who follow some parts but ignore other parts, and those that wish to force it upon others and their children without their consent.
Not everyone
And there are a lot of good gay rights supporters out there, just not on this forum.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's how fundamentalists read it. a verse here, a verse there. That's why the only Leviticus code they can site is about men lying with men, while at the same time completely ignoring that the same codes state that cutting one's hair, eating shellfish, sending menstruating women out of the home, and touching pig skin (you know, like a football) are all equally abominable to your Sky Santa.
Since you seem to think you know so much about us Atheists, you should already know that on the whole we tend to know your book very well. It's how we are able to dismiss it so easily.
You got it!:)

They donít follow the bible, they pick and choose what phrase they will follow ( and try to force others to follow against their will ) and which parts they will just ignore as nonsense.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Will it magically have relevance the second time around?
THAT made me laugh!!! Hysterical!
Botts

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Slow pokes never gat ahead or do they?

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
RiccardoFire wrote the bible?
But yet he never lies or makes up stuff....LOL

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone
I like to consider myself a good Christian. I believe in Christ. I REALLY like a lot of what He had to say about helping the poor and disenfranchised. It's very hard for me not to judge others; especially those who are just nasty and obstinately ignorant.

Christ was reported to have said, "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own?" Sometimes I'd rather just pluck the other person's eye out (glances at Kimare).

I try to give to people as much as I can--whatever they ask for anything in return. That tends to make me a poor capitalist.

Interestingly, back when I was trying to come to terms with my orientation, I thought, "I'm not sure how I can be a Christian and gay at the same time." But God showed me a way.

My point is that I know so many "good Christians" who are not like these bozos (see, there I go again) on this forum.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still around. It's enjoyed particularly by that lovely Christian founded group known as the Ku Klux Klan.
People are free to believe their group is Christian based or not. Jim Jones also claimed to be a Christian group. We already know many use the name falsely, did you just find that out? Dumb you! Do you enjoy Pol Pot or North Korea because they run or ran an atheist country?

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Seems like every post that the atheist post can easily be explained. Maybe before posting your silly verses here and there and between, research it and find the meaning so you won't look so foolish.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT made me laugh!!! Hysterical!
HAR!HAR!HAR! YUK!YUK!YUK! Jonah1 cracked one! Ah good times! Whoop~Whoop!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Jizzy rushed into a bar and breathlessly asked the bartender to pour him three straight scotches. The bartender complied, and watched as he downed them one after another.

"Why three scotches?" the bartender asked as he paused for breath.

"Well, to be honest, I'm celebrating my first blow-job."

"Hell, congratulations, the next one's on me."

"No, thanks," Jizzy replied, "if the first three didn't get the taste out of my mouth, I don't think another one will."

YUK!YUK!YUK! Whoop!~Whoop! Ah good times!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to consider myself a good Christian. I believe in Christ. I REALLY like a lot of what He had to say about helping the poor and disenfranchised. It's very hard for me not to judge others; especially those who are just nasty and obstinately ignorant.
Christ was reported to have said, "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own?" Sometimes I'd rather just pluck the other person's eye out (glances at Kimare).
I try to give to people as much as I can--whatever they ask for anything in return. That tends to make me a poor capitalist.
Interestingly, back when I was trying to come to terms with my orientation, I thought, "I'm not sure how I can be a Christian and gay at the same time." But God showed me a way.
My point is that I know so many "good Christians" who are not like these bozos (see, there I go again) on this forum.
We have one!( so far )

I agree, I donít have a problem with believers that DONT try and force their interpretation of it on everyone else. That donít try to get into our childrenís lives without our consent.

Honestly I defend your rights to your religion, just as I defend the right of other religions to their religions. Or folks with no religion to their choice not to.

You and I donít have a problem.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be missing the point. A "good Christian" are like the so called religious people that Jesus despised. The better then others that don't look in their own eye. the world has always had plenty of "good" people. You become a member of God's family by being born into it. The Lord Jesus said, "Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

What's funny is as much as big d and johah1 hates Christians, I bet he won't say any thing bad towards you for stating your belief.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>People are free to believe their group is Christian based or not. Jim Jones also claimed to be a Christian group.
As do you, but you have demonstrated that you are not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are a lot of good gay rights supporters out there, just not on this forum.
did you forget that you were pretending to be one too?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be missing the point. A "good Christian" are like the so called religious people that Jesus despised.
Just imagine a painting of Jesus on black felt kneeling at the rock with the glow around his head like so many like to paint him with a bubble caption over his head.

"I despise Christians"

Got it!
asd

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Don't think there would be such an uproar if the infected would just remain among themselves and their counterparts that also choose to be infected. If a guy chooses to bend over and play in sht or chooses to lean over and suck some guy's dk; that should be between them. The problem is that they seem to want everybody else to choose to be infected too. Even worse, they seem to want everyone to pretend that playing in sht n males sucking dk is "normal" when we know that its not. It could be a good thing if they would all gather among themselves and establish their own. Then the rest of the world, and children, could be relatively safe from infection sht and this particular deviancy. My understanding is that they simply cannot help themselves; that they face a mandatory compulsion to play in sht, suck dk and molest children. And ok, if that's their thing that's their thing. But at least be honest about it. If you on dk then be on dk. If some woman chooses to suck psy and the partner is willing then eat it up. People should only "really" object when their mandatory compulsion and sht-based deviancy is directed to children; and that seems to be what they want, freedom to infect children in some mad hope that the more they infect the more "normal" they themselves will feel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 176,361 - 176,380 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance