Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
176,221 - 176,240 of 200,347 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean he's a DEMOCRAT !:)
He means that D is a hypocrite.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like these 'troll-posts':
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning.
Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
ss marriage is an oxymoron.
A troll is someone who attacks the messenger rather than the message. Something both VV and you just did.
Smile.
Oh you silly troll. Practicing your copy paste skills again, I see. How many thousands of times have you posted those same exact sentences, as if that will make them mean something? Silly old man.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing on Mother's Day YOU got the honors and not the woman who abandoned her children?
Would that be an example of an ad hominem attack?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Why did Rock Hudson have to change his name? Anyone know?
Did you just catch on? I was banned yet again....LOL. I'm the "new ditz" that you were replying to... Sorry it took you this long to catch on.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Drop China favored status wrote:
U.S. needs to drop the most favored trading status from the Communist Chinese at once, America needs it's jobs back.
America says Communist China has Spoiled Tech Tariff Talks.
We can't. They own us.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now..
You cannot be serious...
"Social science (and basic common sense) defines marriage as a legal union that meets the needs of two people."...pshaw. You may be able to quibble about definitions, splitting hairs. SOCIETY defines marriage as the bond between man and woman. Simple, no need to dissect and cherrypick.
Marriage isn't defined SOLELY as a bond between man and woman. In 13 states and in 16 countries around the globe, marriage is also defined as a LEGAL bond between same-gender couples.

I know it kills you each time somebody points that out to you.

Oh... By the way... I never did get an answer as to why you were forced to change your name.

Would you care to elaborate?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just catch on? I was banned yet again....LOL. I'm the "new ditz" that you were replying to... Sorry it took you this long to catch on.
Maybe I'm not being clear... What particular comment got you banned?

I know who you are.
sheesh

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you slow down your post, Jed? The brilliance is coming in way too fast.
Next to you the deepest recesses of Krubera Cave are brilliant.
sheesh

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you weren't new here, shitferbrains.
You actually had a thought? Best make a note of that, there's a first time for everything.
sheesh

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

Drop China favored status wrote wrote:
<quoted text>

U.S. needs to drop the most favored trading status from the Communist Chinese at once, America needs it's jobs back.
America says Communist China has Spoiled Tech Tariff Talks.
Do you shop at MalWart? Your source for cheap plastic crap? If so, you better stop.
Clueless

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

What?
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there's no question that Tennessee Trash is the fink.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually had a thought? Best make a note of that, there's a first time for everything.
OMFG, you are King Shit of the comebacks.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I want you to pay attention to the differences between the following two sentences:
--"Marriage is a cross cultural constrain on evolutionary mating behavior."
--"Marriage MIGHT BE a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior, according to a theory put forth by David Buss and David Schmitt."
--"Marriages have been used by many as a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior--according to a theory. However, since not all marriages involve mating behavior, one CANNOT conclude that marriage IS ALWAYS defined in this manner."
----------
Now, I know you're a little slow. And I know just how much you're "married" (get it?) to your little definition of marriage. But even someone as witless as you should be able to see how incorrect you are.
If you read the article in its entirety, you will see that your definition applies only to "relationships" and not necessarily "marriage".
I'm sorry my response to your comment was so lengthy. In the future I will try to remember your short attention span and create my responses by way of "sock-puppet theater", which I will then upload to YouTube.
Let me help you;

"Mating is a human universal."

"All known societies have formal marriage alliances between MEN AND WOMEN (emphasis added)."

"More than 90% of all people in all societies marry at some point in their lives."

"In a cross cultural perspective, marriages are usually regarded as formal reproductive alliances (NOTE THE TIE-IN WITH CHILD BIRTH) that contain the features of (a) mutual obligation between husband and wife (NOTE THE GENDER DIVERSITY)(b) rights of sexual access (c) an expectation that marriage will persist through pregnancy, lactation, and child rearing and (d), and recognition of the legitimate status of the couple's children."

There is no 'theory' involved. There is simply a social science identified commonality that encompasses nearly all cross-cultural marriages. The rest of the article addresses their theory.

Face it queen, that single paragraph destroys virtually every claim gay twirl trolls like you make.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you silly troll. Practicing your copy paste skills again, I see. How many thousands of times have you posted those same exact sentences, as if that will make them mean something? Silly old man.
Might want to check your comprehension skill with the above post...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing on Mother's Day YOU got the honors and not the woman who abandoned her children?
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be an example of an ad hominem attack?
Hardly. A legitimate exposure of someone deliberately depriving a child of their mother. You call that 'ad hominem'???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage isn't defined SOLELY as a bond between man and woman. In 13 states and in 16 countries around the globe, marriage is also defined as a LEGAL bond between same-gender couples.
I know it kills you each time somebody points that out to you.
Oh... By the way... I never did get an answer as to why you were forced to change your name.
It is simply stupid to call a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage, marriage.

Clearly not the same.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay troll fishing...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Rocky, you are on a roll!!!

Succinct and piercing!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It is why it is considered illegal in many countries, and was here until recently.

Yawn. These are your unfounded opinions. Nothing more. What's illegal elsewhere or elsewhen is completely irrelevant. But don't let facts get in the way of your obsession over anal sex.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That medical fact has not changed,
You didn't state a medical fact, you stated unfounded opinions.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
and is a major part of how AIDS originated in our country and spread.
Oh, now your going to try AIDS as your talking point. Got it. Yawn. AIDS originated in Africa at the turn of the century. It spread predominately through heterosexual sex and from mother to child for over 60 years before it ever entered the United States and the gay community. Since no one knew it existed, it was spread rapidly through the gay male community, mostly because males tend to have more recreational sex then women, especially in the 70s free love period. Your desire to blame victims for the spread of a disease they didn't know they had is repugnant.

And for the record, if it weren't for the fact that it did become predominant within the gay community, it would have taken decades longer to connect all the various opportunistic infections to each other and a common cause, so our ability to identify HIV as early as we did is in huge part due to the suffering of the early gay carriers. In addition, ALL the major organizations that exist today as related to AIDS prevention, AIDS care, and AIDS assistance were created by the gay community. So make sure to thank them for all the money they saved you in the long run.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT IS STILL COSTING ALL OF US IN MANY WAYS.
Was capitalizing it supposed to make us feel that you are suffering personally? Lot's of diseases cost us. Lots of unwanted pregnancies cost us. Lot's of things cost us. Get over it. The vast majority of people on this planet carrying HIV are straight people. And AIDS has absolutely nothing to due with marriage.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So take your self-righteous hissy fit and stuff it.
Right back at you, you ugly sanctimonious c*nt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 22 hr snodder 2,252
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards Sun Ron 3
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 23 AMan 149
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Jul 23 Shellys Husband is Strong 635
•••
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••