Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
174,641 - 174,660 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200989 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>wow... 20 years.... did she ride the short bus or something
Cute.....so the silly angry stripper magician girl has a sense of humor
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200990 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..."modern evolution" That seems like the only thing that is evolving: the theories keep changing.
wow what's cool is science has progressed by light years since Darwin penned his hypothesis .... funny thing is chriSTAINS have had over 2000 years to even show one piece of evidence of a god.... and... oh.... nothing to date
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200991 Jul 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Like she's in a strip club dancing the pole and posting dopey stuff on Topix during her breaks.~~rolling eyes~~
Hey just as addicted to bashing on you retards as you are loser... and ya we have a computer in the dressing room... I know amazing...
Sparkle

Seattle, WA

#200994 Jul 8, 2013
later fucktards... gotta change...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200995 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
later fucktards... gotta change...
Time for the trick pony act.
laughing man

UK

#200996 Jul 8, 2013
"modern evolution?"

As opposed to latter day or future evolution, I suppose?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#200997 Jul 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What you ignore Bowser is that other people have to live with what you choose. You act as if every person is an island.
PollyAnnish stupid.
<quoted text>
Really VV? Really?
Your primary agenda here is the victim claim that a defective failure of mating behavior should be given the same status as successful natural mating behavior.
I simply note the reality that our behavior affects others.
Your denial knows no boundaries...
<quoted text>
I bet your ass gets jealous of all the sh/t coming out of your mouth.
Yeah, and the Navy is considering designating your ass a friendly port since it can hold so much semen.(SNAP!)
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#200998 Jul 8, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that the idea of Prop 8 was considered "unconstitutional", in spite of the facts , which are:
1) The very idea of marriage was not part of the intention of the Constitution.
2) The legislation of marrriage was left up the the individual states, rather than the Federal Government.
3) The Constitution provides for certain rights, and enumerates the criteria for same, not ever mentioning "sexual orientation", while mentioning "race" "creed" "religion" etc... no mention of "sexual orientation" at all.
So, it would seem that it is all a semantic manipulation game, used to overpower the citizens in their efforts to have a say in the way their society operates.
Shameful...
Good Evening, First of all, I already knew that marriage was in the constitution and that was because our forefather, if they were alive today, would not ever believe that marriage would be on a ballot that is between man & woman. Until the past few years, this has never been a question for any country, so of course, it was not included in the constitutuion, but I do know after reading a great deal about our forefathers, they would have been on the prop 8 side.
Next, the subject of marriage was left up to the states to settle was because the Supreme Court was passing the buck because they did not want to be the culprits.
Next, this point goes along with the last point that our forefathers would have never believed that our Nation once that was Under God would have ever tried to change what our Creator put there in the first place.
With all this in mind, I am not trying to be arrogant, for that is not my reason for writing anything on this post, but I do know now that I am looking up many commnents, that there are very few people who Study the Scriptures (God's Love Letter) to man. His Love was so great, greater than anything that we could imagine, that he gave His Only Son to Sacrifice Himself freely on the Cross of Calvary so we could have eternal life. I, myself am not worthy anyway shape or form, although I do live as Holy as I possible can, but through God's Son Jesus (Yeshua), I now have a chance to live a very Spiritual Life and know how to live and when I have problems, I have someone greater than anyone on this earth to turn to and he will give me peace. There is a verse in the Bible that I would like to quote and it is found in the New Testament in the Book of I Corinthians Chapter 2 Verse 14 as I quote "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, becuase they are spiritually discerned." Until someone accepts God's Love through His Son Jesus, he can never know how to interpret Scripture or understand any of it. If you are not a Christian, I would suggest looking into the the Scriptures and you will be amazed what you will find. May God be with you. Amen & Amen

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200999 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>uuuuuuuuum well stupid as time passes and science continues to uncover more and more with technology.., your right hypothesis are changed and modified which further strengthens the theory of evolution.... not that you even know the difference between a scientific theory and a hypothesis.... sorry they don't teach that in your buybull and it wasn't relayed to mosass thru the burning bush
Don't tell big d that science isn't always accurate. He will be upset. So please tell us why did that puddle of crud all of a sudden develop life? and since we didn't evolve from apes now, what is the latest fairy tale?

Elk Grove, CA

#201000 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>wow what's cool is science has progressed by light years since Darwin penned his hypothesis .... funny thing is chriSTAINS have had over 2000 years to even show one piece of evidence of a god.... and... oh.... nothing to date
They have many but you keep looking away from it. You have been blinded, I pray someday you can see. Only the Truth can set you free.

Elk Grove, CA

#201001 Jul 8, 2013
Sparkle wrote:
<quoted text>Hey just as addicted to bashing on you retards as you are loser... and ya we have a computer in the dressing room... I know amazing...
Yeah that's the ticket, I need to dress in a strip club....LOL...good one dude, really who are you, been enjoying your character for sometime now, I'm guessing you are some cross dressing vite.
Lying Douche bag

Santa Cruz, CA

#201002 Jul 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Don't tell big d that science isn't always accurate. He will be upset. So please tell us why did that puddle of crud all of a sudden develop life? and since we didn't evolve from apes now, what is the latest fairy tale?
No you didn't. We don't wish to insult apes like that.
Rudi

United States

#201003 Jul 8, 2013
I'm at Grandview Campground In Airstream hoping to meet someone up here. Kinda horny and would love to play. Here until 7/10. This isn't to far from Bishop if you're interested come up.
Iveeded

Monrovia, CA

#201004 Jul 8, 2013
I see the drip feeders are still working.
Crossed

Monrovia, CA

#201017 Jul 9, 2013
You must have it Chris crossed with Islam virgins etc.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#201022 Jul 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm baffled by this assertion that people who profess religious faith are devoid of intellect. Seriously? Some of the top universities in the country are Catholic. Where's Big D?
All the major Universities were originally started as Christian.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#201023 Jul 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and the Navy is considering designating your ass a friendly port since it can hold so much semen.(SNAP!)
For some reason, I'd never heard that one before.

I bet you hear it often.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#201024 Jul 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason, I'd never heard that one before.
I bet you hear it often.
You've never heard it before because I made it up just seconds prior to posting it. My people are VERY creative.

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#201025 Jul 9, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.....the implications are that are staggering. Atheists think.....but religious people don't. I guess its time to close down all those religious universities....I suppose we could start with Georgetown university.
I didn't say that. Just that religious people may not be taught to think for themselves.

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

#201026 Jul 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, where would we be without thinking atheists!
Jealous, hey. Richard Dawkins is much smarter than you will EVER be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 19 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at August 29 at 2:18PM PDT

•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search