Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,192

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#200523 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.
First you LIE and say that homosexuality is rejected on a universal level throughout history.

Then, with full understanding that you have LIED, you try to clarify your comment by saying, "Wait, well, not EVERY culture has rejected it, but most have."

I always find it humorous when you make such blanket statements. Has it ever occurred to you that we really know very little about human history? We only know what we have been able to interpret from societies that were advanced enough to leave written records. There are, as I'm sure you'd agree, a great deal we don't know about history and culture.

And even in those cultures where we have written documents, it's always understood that those in power write the history. How people lived their actual day-to-day lives cannot be known with certainty.

Take, for example, North Korea. The state oppresses free speech. Even with all of our technology we're still in the dark about what ACTUALLY takes place there.

Dead men tell no tales, Kim. History's information about gays and lesbians cannot be fully relied on.

And finally, why do you so often go to "history" as an indication of "how" we should treat people today?

Historically, women have been treated as being less intelligent and less worthy of respect.

Slavery in some form has existed or been embraced worldwide since as far back as we have records.

Mandatory education for all children, regardless of their parent's status, was basically unheard of until very recently.

Christianity has only major religion since about 300 AD. That's a drop in the bucket when compared to the history of mankind.

The whole notion of "equality" among men is very recent--mostly traced back to the Age of Enlightenment in the 1600s. "Its purpose was to reform society using reason, challenge ideas grounded in tradition and faith, and advance knowledge through the scientific method. It promoted scientific thought, skepticism and intellectual interchange and opposed superstition, intolerance and some abuses of power by the church and the state."

Should we then go back to treating women as inferior? Should we go back and embrace slavery? Should we try to mimic the way that education was distributed by the vast majority of societies? Should we rush back and embrace the various other religions that predate Christianity by eons? Should we throw the whole notion of "equality" out the window because it hasn't yet stood the test of time and worldwide cultural acceptance?

You cannot base mankind's current activities solely on how history may have treated people.

It's a mistake you ALWAYS make.

See to it that you don't do it again.
laughing man

UK

#200524 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First you LIE and say that homosexuality is rejected on a universal level throughout history.
Something tells me that you're not quite the intellectual you pious twits claim to be.

Think about it, Einstein. If humanity embraces you, then we'll die out.

How fucking stoooooopid can you be?

It will never ever ever be in Humanity's interest to accept you. We're doomed when we do.
Red Car

Monrovia, CA

#200525 Jul 6, 2013
Red car route in upper sgv.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200526 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, with full understanding that you have LIED, you try to clarify your comment by saying, "Wait, well, not EVERY culture has rejected it, but most have."
I always find it humorous when you make such blanket statements. Has it ever occurred to you that we really know very little about human history? We only know what we have been able to interpret from societies that were advanced enough to leave written records. There are, as I'm sure you'd agree, a great deal we don't know about history and culture.
And even in those cultures where we have written documents, it's always understood that those in power write the history. How people lived their actual day-to-day lives cannot be known with certainty.
Take, for example, North Korea. The state oppresses free speech. Even with all of our technology we're still in the dark about what ACTUALLY takes place there.
Dead men tell no tales, Kim. History's information about gays and lesbians cannot be fully relied on.
And finally, why do you so often go to "history" as an indication of "how" we should treat people today?
Historically, women have been treated as being less intelligent and less worthy of respect.
Slavery in some form has existed or been embraced worldwide since as far back as we have records.
Mandatory education for all children, regardless of their parent's status, was basically unheard of until very recently.
Christianity has only major religion since about 300 AD. That's a drop in the bucket when compared to the history of mankind.
The whole notion of "equality" among men is very recent--mostly traced back to the Age of Enlightenment in the 1600s. "Its purpose was to reform society using reason, challenge ideas grounded in tradition and faith, and advance knowledge through the scientific method. It promoted scientific thought, skepticism and intellectual interchange and opposed superstition, intolerance and some abuses of power by the church and the state."
Should we then go back to treating women as inferior? Should we go back and embrace slavery? Should we try to mimic the way that education was distributed by the vast majority of societies? Should we rush back and embrace the various other religions that predate Christianity by eons? Should we throw the whole notion of "equality" out the window because it hasn't yet stood the test of time and worldwide cultural acceptance?
You cannot base mankind's current activities solely on how history may have treated people.
It's a mistake you ALWAYS make.
See to it that you don't do it again.
Talk about gay twirl pontification!

I was making an attempt to be brief, something you should seriously consider.

My first point is this. Homosexual acceptance has never established itself and spread. It appears for brief periods in different forms, and then disappears. It is never fully accepted as normal.

In Greece, it was pederasty, or more honestly, gay pedophilia. With this additional quirk ~ when the boy victim reached adulthood, they converted to heterosexuality.

In Rome, homosexual behavior was discretely accepted with slaves being the analized victims.

Homosexual American Indians were basically abused sex slaves, with rare exceptions.

I've gone over this with you before, so you know exactly what I was saying. It is why you throw the lack of historical knowledge in to cover your ass. Sorry honey, we know enough to know you are full of sh/t.

Oh, and don't let it happen again.

Smirk.

“If you could be anybody”

Since: Jul 13

be yourself

#200527 Jul 6, 2013
hey dudes and dudettes i agree. :)

be yourself

#200528 Jul 6, 2013
lol

be yourself

#200529 Jul 6, 2013
pretty funny
laughing man

UK

#200530 Jul 6, 2013
Jonah Bologna has a new name.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#200531 Jul 6, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like another angry gay, thanks for showing us what I wrote is true. I'm a Christian, but have never donated to Kill the gays bill in any place. I just made you sound very ignorant and proved you are the Bigot!!!
YOU may not have, but other people who claim to be Christian have done just that.

And while complaining that a poster is maligning all Christains for the evil deeds of a few, you are maligning gay people with an "another angry gay" stereotype.

To be honest, ANY human being should be angry when they hear about such persecution, of ANY innocent person, or group.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#200532 Jul 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me that you're not quite the intellectual you pious twits claim to be.
It will never ever ever be in Humanity's interest to accept you. We're doomed when we do.
I just know this has to be satire. You can't mean it.

This would be too funny, otherwise.

You call someone stupid, and then proclaim that that treating gay people with respect (or embracing them as valuable human beings) will cause every straight person to turn gay and stop breeding?

I think you would need some stats to back up this amazing claim. Have any?
Pietro Armando

Newington, CT

#200533 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My first point is this. Homosexual acceptance has never established itself and spread. It appears for brief periods in different forms, and then disappears. It is never fully accepted as normal.
In Greece, it was pederasty, or more honestly, gay pedophilia. With this additional quirk ~ when the boy victim reached adulthood, they converted to heterosexuality.
In Rome, homosexual behavior was discretely accepted with slaves being the analized victims.
Homosexual American Indians were basically abused sex slaves, with rare exceptions.
I've gone over this with you before, so you know exactly what I was saying. It is why you throw the lack of historical knowledge in to cover your ass. Sorry honey, we know enough to know you are full of sh/t.
Smirk.
Big Red's point, and the counter point. Thanks for the info.
laughing man

UK

#200534 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I just know this has to be satire. You can't mean it.
This would be too funny, otherwise.
You call someone stupid, and then proclaim that that treating gay people with respect (or embracing them as valuable human beings) will cause every straight person to turn gay and stop breeding?
I think you would need some stats to back up this amazing claim. Have any?
No, my widdle tweenager, it's not satire. I know it's simply impossible for a zit factory to believe, but you are simply NOT the first to have had a thought. For however long humans have been here,(thousands or millions of years, your choice) the Rainbow Skidmarks have never been truly accepted. It's not in anyone's DNA and if it were, we'd have been gone long long ago.

Can't you see that, Junior? It's not beyond the grasp of first graders. How about you?

Sorry, but no points for that idiotic crybaby crocodile tears Kumbaya shit about "Caligula are pipple too!!!!" I never complain about what happens behind closed doors, what I don't know about. But I know about the militants and their Decadence. They don't want to be left alone. They get out in the streets with their trash, just daring somebody to do something, but the Common Man of course won't.

All I can do is wish you into the cornfield. But if it was in my power, Caligula, if....

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200535 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU may not have, but other people who claim to be Christian have done just that.
Then why don't you address them instead of generalizing about a group of people. I bet you hate that when others generalize about a few violent gay posters here? Funny part I never read you complaining about them? Hypocrite!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200536 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>

To be honest, ANY human being should be angry when they hear about such persecution, of ANY innocent person, or group.
Never hear you complain about Mikey here, he or she makes violent threats all the time. Why is that? Hypocrite!

Knoxville, TN

#200537 Jul 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, I can always tell when I'm dealing with a genius.

Unfortunately, you're not one.

To "embrace" homosexuality doesn't mean that you become homosexual.

Gays have existed since the beginning as far as we know. And even with support of the LGBT community so great on a worldwide basis, we've still managed to put over 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.

I guess we're not as doomed as you think.

Knoxville, TN

#200538 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
You have spent sorry little time poorly summarizing homosexuality in three cultures. Do you really need me to tell you that three cultures hardly represent the entirety of the history of mankind?

And once again, you don't answer the question, "Why should we allow history dictate anything that mankind does in the present?"

You will never learn. I don't expect you to.

That's why dealing with you will always be like shooting hermaphrodite fish in a barrel.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#200539 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Repeating the same statements 14,000 times does not create truth. It will not change the present. It will not change the future.

You have beat the same drum with angry, self-righteous hands until the drum has disintegrated and turned to dust. All that remains are angry self-bloodied hands that continue to flap in the wind. Let your hands heal. Let them explore new things. Life is short.

Knoxville, TN

#200540 Jul 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Red's point, and the counter point. Thanks for the info.
God help you if you rely on Kim to fight your battles. Though it is kind of precious when you guys try to circle your wagons.
laughing man

UK

#200541 Jul 6, 2013
very uneducated wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we're not as doomed as you think.
Considering your penchant for bug chasing and flat out "Stop me, I dare you!" decadence, and how most of you are in the densely populated Blue States, I think that Humanity has been very lucky so far.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200544 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
God help you if you rely on Kim to fight your battles. Though it is kind of precious when you guys try to circle your wagons.
You're precious VV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 2 hr Mac 128
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 3 hr An NFL Fan 30
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Thu nick 705
child molester at large in dhs Oct 22 tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs