Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,714)

Showing posts 174,261 - 174,280 of200,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is utterly irrelevant to a discussion of civil law. Read the first amendment.
Retread what I wrote Liddie, no mention of the bible and civil law.
I agree, one wonders why there is such resistance to letting it do so?
Exactly, treat men as men, and women as women. So simple.
No, Pietro, their rights are, in many jurisdictions, expressly denied. You have yet to indicate any compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional.
You indicate no reason, and the compelling state interest in sanctioning such lack of reasoning, that prohibits a man from marrying, entering into a legally recognized union of husband and wife. There's no compelling state reason, or constitutional justification for treating a man any different from any other man in regards to this issue.
One must believe in creationism for this to be applicable.
Or quote the Declaration of Independence.
The reality remains that all men are not created equal, they are not born equal, and the only means to ensure any measure of equality is to enforce it by law.
True, but, for example, if some people are born blind, and are still blind as an adult, the law does not require them to be equally to adults who can see, and thus are issued a drivers license.
When we fail to live up to this civic promise of legal equality, our Republic is injured.
Our Republic is also injured when we fail to acknowledge distinctions within our society, and attempt to render all things equally the same.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
It's always amazed me how this country is willing to turn itself upside down for what amounts to an incredibly small fraction of the population. Where is the video and evidence of Christians attacking Gays and Homosexuals? RIGHT! It DOESN'T exist. Those who always say and make accusations that Christians are intolerant are themselves exactly what they accuse others of being and yet they expect and demand a pass from it. Then you have others who approve of what they do or condone it and never criticize it or attempt to stop it.
Funny how you're NOT amazed of how much money 'Christians' donate to causes like 'Kill the Gays' bill in Uganda..But then I guess you've never heard of 'The Brotherhood' either...Next time you shoot off that ignorant mouth do some research fking bigot!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>gee let me guess yor a christain
*Gee
*your
*Christian
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>too bad there just isn't more hungry lions
*Too
*aren't
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew all this talk of "pride" referred to lions.
Good one!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you do not read what I write. I do not quote the Bible because I assert it is some kind of authority we should all believe in and trust, I quote the stupid and silly book to prove that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable, to tell us about homosexuality.
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible. We all grow up around stupid people and we all end up with Christian baggage; even the most arch Anti-theist carries some Christian baggage around with him.
This has always been a problem for gay people; gay people are raised to hate gay people just like everyone else is. No some much now as in days past. All of the most vocal anti-gay people I have even met have turned out to be closet cases.
The issue is Christianity against individual freedom. It is Christianity that is behind the ban on same sex marriage. When I fight Christianity by quoting the Bible I am supporting gay marriage and freedom. So I will not stop quoting the Bible to disqualify it as an authority on homosexuality.
The fundies believe and trust the Bible to tell them about homosexuality and I quote Scripture to PROVE with chapter and verse evidence that the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about how gay people should live their lives. I am sorry you are too stupid to understand that; it is called fighting fire with fire.
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
You're obsessed with the Bible. You're an fundie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is utterly irrelevant to a discussion of civil law. Read the first amendment.
Rev Al is the one who keeps bringing up the Bible, I notice you don't rag on him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I'll be squeezing it right into your big mouth.
In your twisted dreams. While I dream of hot chicks, you dream of me. Kinky!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible.
You are an idiot bigot.

Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.
You keep saying this, but it isn't true.

You know that Greek and Roman cultures had active homosexual communities which were thriving.

You also know that those communities were terminated by Christians. That's right, those God loving Christians killed off the queers because they believed that they were supposed to kill off the queers.

Isn't it odd what Christians will do in God's name?
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you do not read what I write. I do not quote the Bible because I assert it is some kind of authority we should all believe in and trust, I quote the stupid and silly book to prove that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable, to tell us about homosexuality.
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible. We all grow up around stupid people and we all end up with Christian baggage; even the most arch Anti-theist carries some Christian baggage around with him.
This has always been a problem for gay people; gay people are raised to hate gay people just like everyone else is. No some much now as in days past. All of the most vocal anti-gay people I have even met have turned out to be closet cases.
The issue is Christianity against individual freedom. It is Christianity that is behind the ban on same sex marriage. When I fight Christianity by quoting the Bible I am supporting gay marriage and freedom. So I will not stop quoting the Bible to disqualify it as an authority on homosexuality.
The fundies believe and trust the Bible to tell them about homosexuality and I quote Scripture to PROVE with chapter and verse evidence that the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about how gay people should live their lives. I am sorry you are too stupid to understand that; it is called fighting fire with fire.
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
Gets up in the morning and makes a beeline for the computer to post mindless juvenile slogans cribbed from the GLAAD red letter edition.

"homophobia" is oh-so 5 minutes ago.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Slogantard wrote:
<quoted text> Western civilization and our American Republic will continue to evolve and as dinosaurs like yourself die off freedom will be extended to as many people as possible.
Der Sphincter will give you Enlightenment!

Torn and bleeding brainchutes are Progressive!

Bug chasers are Angels!
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible attacks gay people and really stupid Christians [is there another kind?] love to quote 6 verses from that stupid, silly and contradictory book while totally ignoring the other 33,000 verses that apply to them.
In our American Republic it is the job of our Government to protect the rights of ALL Americans not just the majorities. That means if there are only two homosexuals in America the Government still must protect their rights from being violated by ignorant pew warming bigots.
Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."
Reverend Rump Rage is really on a hater binge this morning, boys and girls. Will the rest of its kind choose to police their own and take out their trash? Or will they ignore it and let it keep piling up until the whole neighborhood is uninhabitable?
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I'll be squeezing it right into your big mouth.
As George Takei would say:

"Oh, MY!!"

Are you that juvenile Rage Queen from Illinois?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying this, but it isn't true.
You know that Greek and Roman cultures had active homosexual communities which were thriving.
You also know that those communities were terminated by Christians. That's right, those God loving Christians killed off the queers because they believed that they were supposed to kill off the queers.
First, I responded to a poster who said all homophobes were Christians. That is a lie.

Second, Greece engaged in pederasty, not homosexuality. If you want to debate that issue, I'd be happy to do so. Even Roman practices are distinct from what you are suggesting.

Third, it is a blatant lie that Christians killed off homosexual communities. In fact, the most famous Roman gay, Nero, brutally killed Christians. The exact opposite of what you suggest.

You are a deliberately lying, ignorant bigot, far worse than the original poster.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you're NOT amazed of how much money 'Christians' donate to causes like 'Kill the Gays' bill in Uganda..But then I guess you've never heard of 'The Brotherhood' either...Next time you shoot off that ignorant mouth do some research fking bigot!
This must be a special day where GLAAD sent out the Rage Queens to do battle and die for nothing.

This is the first I'd heard of sending money to Uganda. Are you one of those mental defectives who usually exists on indymedia or the Guardian?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history.....
And yet slavery was not.

Go figure.

Thankfully, we have learned better, for the most part.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you think nothing of being a mindless pillow biting faddist.

The crowd does it so you will too.

Imbecile.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Rump Rage is really on a hater binge this morning,.
Odd.

What made you start imagining his rear?
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Rump Rage is really on a hater binge this morning, boys and girls. Will the rest of its kind choose to police their own and take out their trash? Or will they ignore it and let it keep piling up until the whole neighborhood is uninhabitable?
Why Not? You let the POS Kilmare Rage on for years...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 174,261 - 174,280 of200,234
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr paddyomalley 7,820
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr all doned in 4,864
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 18 hr Big Juciey Pussie 630
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Jul 6 Sandy 118
US: Afghan vote step forward on 'democratic path' Jul 4 Rho 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search