Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,714)

Showing posts 174,261 - 174,280 of199,072
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>too bad there just isn't more hungry lions
I knew all this talk of "pride" referred to lions.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

http://www.nimbios.org/press/
FS_homosexuality

"The study solves the evolutionary riddle of homosexuality, finding that "sexually antagonistic" epi-marks, which normally protect parents from natural variation in sex hormone levels during fetal development, sometimes carryover across generations and cause homosexuality in opposite-sex offspring. The mathematical modeling demonstrates that genes coding for these epi-marks can easily spread in the population because they always increase the fitness of the parent but only rarely escape erasure and reduce fitness in offspring."

Note;
"The study solves the evolutionary riddle of homosexuality",

"sexually antagonistic",

and "they always increase the fitness of the parent but only rarely escape erasure and reduce fitness in offspring."

Clearly an epi-marker mistake.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree then. Most of those supporting same sex marriage are hypocrites when it comes to any form of marriage they don't like.
We agree on marriage equality. But your weird fundie crap has got to go! This isn't the place for it.
Clearly you do not read what I write. I do not quote the Bible because I assert it is some kind of authority we should all believe in and trust, I quote the stupid and silly book to prove that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable, to tell us about homosexuality.

ALL homophobia comes from the Bible. We all grow up around stupid people and we all end up with Christian baggage; even the most arch Anti-theist carries some Christian baggage around with him.

This has always been a problem for gay people; gay people are raised to hate gay people just like everyone else is. No some much now as in days past. All of the most vocal anti-gay people I have even met have turned out to be closet cases.

The issue is Christianity against individual freedom. It is Christianity that is behind the ban on same sex marriage. When I fight Christianity by quoting the Bible I am supporting gay marriage and freedom. So I will not stop quoting the Bible to disqualify it as an authority on homosexuality.

The fundies believe and trust the Bible to tell them about homosexuality and I quote Scripture to PROVE with chapter and verse evidence that the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about how gay people should live their lives. I am sorry you are too stupid to understand that; it is called fighting fire with fire.

Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")

versus

James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Groucho wrote:
There's a faq fest going on in front of the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington.
This is the end of Western Civilization!
:-/
No, it is the end of Christianity and trusting the Bible to tell us about homosexuality. Western civilization and our American Republic will continue to evolve and as dinosaurs like yourself die off freedom will be extended to as many people as possible. No longer in American do white heterosexual pew warming males get to make the rules for the rest of us.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
It's always amazed me how this country is willing to turn itself upside down for what amounts to an incredibly small fraction of the population. Where is the video and evidence of Christians attacking Gays and Homosexuals? RIGHT! It DOESN'T exist. Those who always say and make accusations that Christians are intolerant are themselves exactly what they accuse others of being and yet they expect and demand a pass from it. Then you have others who approve of what they do or condone it and never criticize it or attempt to stop it.
The Bible attacks gay people and really stupid Christians [is there another kind?] love to quote 6 verses from that stupid, silly and contradictory book while totally ignoring the other 33,000 verses that apply to them.

In our American Republic it is the job of our Government to protect the rights of ALL Americans not just the majorities. That means if there are only two homosexuals in America the Government still must protect their rights from being violated by ignorant pew warming bigots.

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is the end of Christianity
It's demise has been predicted before, such claims are not new.
and trusting the Bible to tell us about homosexuality.
"The bible", is not a singular book, but rather a collection of writings, nor is it a book of science.
Western civilization
Would not be what it is without, for good, or bad, without Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular.
and our American Republic will continue to evolve and as dinosaurs like yourself die off freedom will be extended to as many people as possible
How does one "extend...freedom to as many people as possible" as it relates to his issue? Are you advocating for polygamy? Please explain how demanding the state involve itself in one's personal intimate relationship is an example of freedom? It seems contradictory.
. No longer in American do white heterosexual pew warming males get to make the rules for the rest of us.
True, black heterosexual males, and females help, as Asian ones, and Mediterranean (Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, etc.), and Hispanics, and Middle Easterners , and all sorts of "heterosexuals", even some homosexuals too....you know the ones that are described by their fellow homosexuals as "self loathing". So much for "freedom" of speech and thought.

The version of "freedom" advocated by some SSMers is not freedom at all but an attempt to shut down dissent, and condemn those who disagree with the Orwellian orthodoxy which promotes SSM as a secular sacred cow. Those who oppose such a fundamental redefinition of a social institution, marriage, the monogamous union of husband and wife, which has been understood, and widely accepted since the beginning of the Republic, are labeled as "homophobes", and "anti gay".

No sir, it is you who seek to restrict freedom, not extend it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible attacks gay people and really stupid Christians [is there another kind?] love to quote 6 verses from that stupid, silly and contradictory book while totally ignoring the other 33,000 verses that apply to them.
The Bible does not use modern sexual political identity labels, such as "gay". Nor is "The Bible" a singular book. You seem to demonstrate a stupidity that you accuse others of exhibiting.
In our American Republic it is the job of our Government to protect the rights of ALL Americans not just the majorities.
True, however, as it relates to the issue at hand, our Government, should treat all men, and all women the same.
That means if there are only two homosexuals in America the Government still must protect their rights from being violated by ignorant pew warming bigots.
Their rights ARE protected, the same as any other man or woman, in this regard
Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."
All men are created equal., and thus are treated equally, as it relates to this issue.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
The Bible does not use modern sexual political identity labels, such as "gay". Nor is "The Bible" a singular book. You seem to demonstrate a stupidity that you accuse others of exhibiting.
The bible is utterly irrelevant to a discussion of civil law. Read the first amendment.
Pietro Armando wrote:
True, however, as it relates to the issue at hand, our Government, should treat all men, and all women the same.
I agree, one wonders why there is such resistance to letting it do so?
Pietro Armando wrote:
Their rights ARE protected, the same as any other man or woman, in this regard
No, Pietro, their rights are, in many jurisdictions, expressly denied. You have yet to indicate any compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional.
Pietro Armando wrote:
All men are created equal., and thus are treated equally, as it relates to this issue.
One must believe in creationism for this to be applicable. The reality remains that all men are not created equal, they are not born equal, and the only means to ensure any measure of equality is to enforce it by law. When we fail to live up to this civic promise of legal equality, our Republic is injured.
Fr Silesius SJ

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Children, Despair not for got hath not the despair in his quiver. He despaireth not of you, yet you despaireth of Him and this causeth Him to think on other things than those which trouble you and He then wanders from our sphere to sit in the hall of all the other Gods and there to lose time of us and wonder not as to our fate and fit. There He is amongst others of His kind and there they keep the portrayal and the costume and the pomp and become large with liquor and tales and songs and with one another and roll in the doing of one to and with the other and the merriment of the song and the heat of their fire found together and then we can know that they have truly left us to our own doing and we are alone with but our wit, which can grow to the moment as a great challenge or wither, whine and weep and compress inward and become small and become mere empty dust to depart on the winds and become gone from the earth that it might heal its wounds from us and breathe free of our stench and forget of us and we are gone.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Bruno the only thing you'll be squeezing is your little pud.
You are right, I'll be squeezing it right into your big mouth.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is utterly irrelevant to a discussion of civil law. Read the first amendment.
Retread what I wrote Liddie, no mention of the bible and civil law.
I agree, one wonders why there is such resistance to letting it do so?
Exactly, treat men as men, and women as women. So simple.
No, Pietro, their rights are, in many jurisdictions, expressly denied. You have yet to indicate any compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry that would render such a restriction constitutional.
You indicate no reason, and the compelling state interest in sanctioning such lack of reasoning, that prohibits a man from marrying, entering into a legally recognized union of husband and wife. There's no compelling state reason, or constitutional justification for treating a man any different from any other man in regards to this issue.
One must believe in creationism for this to be applicable.
Or quote the Declaration of Independence.
The reality remains that all men are not created equal, they are not born equal, and the only means to ensure any measure of equality is to enforce it by law.
True, but, for example, if some people are born blind, and are still blind as an adult, the law does not require them to be equally to adults who can see, and thus are issued a drivers license.
When we fail to live up to this civic promise of legal equality, our Republic is injured.
Our Republic is also injured when we fail to acknowledge distinctions within our society, and attempt to render all things equally the same.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
It's always amazed me how this country is willing to turn itself upside down for what amounts to an incredibly small fraction of the population. Where is the video and evidence of Christians attacking Gays and Homosexuals? RIGHT! It DOESN'T exist. Those who always say and make accusations that Christians are intolerant are themselves exactly what they accuse others of being and yet they expect and demand a pass from it. Then you have others who approve of what they do or condone it and never criticize it or attempt to stop it.
Funny how you're NOT amazed of how much money 'Christians' donate to causes like 'Kill the Gays' bill in Uganda..But then I guess you've never heard of 'The Brotherhood' either...Next time you shoot off that ignorant mouth do some research fking bigot!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>gee let me guess yor a christain
*Gee
*your
*Christian
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>too bad there just isn't more hungry lions
*Too
*aren't
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew all this talk of "pride" referred to lions.
Good one!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you do not read what I write. I do not quote the Bible because I assert it is some kind of authority we should all believe in and trust, I quote the stupid and silly book to prove that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable, to tell us about homosexuality.
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible. We all grow up around stupid people and we all end up with Christian baggage; even the most arch Anti-theist carries some Christian baggage around with him.
This has always been a problem for gay people; gay people are raised to hate gay people just like everyone else is. No some much now as in days past. All of the most vocal anti-gay people I have even met have turned out to be closet cases.
The issue is Christianity against individual freedom. It is Christianity that is behind the ban on same sex marriage. When I fight Christianity by quoting the Bible I am supporting gay marriage and freedom. So I will not stop quoting the Bible to disqualify it as an authority on homosexuality.
The fundies believe and trust the Bible to tell them about homosexuality and I quote Scripture to PROVE with chapter and verse evidence that the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about how gay people should live their lives. I am sorry you are too stupid to understand that; it is called fighting fire with fire.
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
You're obsessed with the Bible. You're an fundie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev Al is the one who keeps bringing up the Bible, I notice you don't rag on him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I'll be squeezing it right into your big mouth.
In your twisted dreams. While I dream of hot chicks, you dream of me. Kinky!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible.
You are an idiot bigot.

Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.
You keep saying this, but it isn't true.

You know that Greek and Roman cultures had active homosexual communities which were thriving.

You also know that those communities were terminated by Christians. That's right, those God loving Christians killed off the queers because they believed that they were supposed to kill off the queers.

Isn't it odd what Christians will do in God's name?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 174,261 - 174,280 of199,072
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance