Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
174,261 - 174,280 of 200,651 Comments Last updated 55 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200455 Jul 6, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is utterly irrelevant to a discussion of civil law. Read the first amendment.
Rev Al is the one who keeps bringing up the Bible, I notice you don't rag on him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200456 Jul 6, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I'll be squeezing it right into your big mouth.
In your twisted dreams. While I dream of hot chicks, you dream of me. Kinky!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200457 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible.
You are an idiot bigot.

Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#200458 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history. Extremely rare episodes of it being accepted as normal have never lasted of any significant length of time.
You keep saying this, but it isn't true.

You know that Greek and Roman cultures had active homosexual communities which were thriving.

You also know that those communities were terminated by Christians. That's right, those God loving Christians killed off the queers because they believed that they were supposed to kill off the queers.

Isn't it odd what Christians will do in God's name?
laughing man

UK

#200460 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you do not read what I write. I do not quote the Bible because I assert it is some kind of authority we should all believe in and trust, I quote the stupid and silly book to prove that it can not be trusted because it is unreliable, to tell us about homosexuality.
ALL homophobia comes from the Bible. We all grow up around stupid people and we all end up with Christian baggage; even the most arch Anti-theist carries some Christian baggage around with him.
This has always been a problem for gay people; gay people are raised to hate gay people just like everyone else is. No some much now as in days past. All of the most vocal anti-gay people I have even met have turned out to be closet cases.
The issue is Christianity against individual freedom. It is Christianity that is behind the ban on same sex marriage. When I fight Christianity by quoting the Bible I am supporting gay marriage and freedom. So I will not stop quoting the Bible to disqualify it as an authority on homosexuality.
The fundies believe and trust the Bible to tell them about homosexuality and I quote Scripture to PROVE with chapter and verse evidence that the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about how gay people should live their lives. I am sorry you are too stupid to understand that; it is called fighting fire with fire.
Genesis 22:1 ("And it came to pass after these things that God did tempt Abraham....")
versus
James 1:13 ("For God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man")
Gets up in the morning and makes a beeline for the computer to post mindless juvenile slogans cribbed from the GLAAD red letter edition.

"homophobia" is oh-so 5 minutes ago.
laughing man

UK

#200461 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Slogantard wrote:
<quoted text> Western civilization and our American Republic will continue to evolve and as dinosaurs like yourself die off freedom will be extended to as many people as possible.
Der Sphincter will give you Enlightenment!

Torn and bleeding brainchutes are Progressive!

Bug chasers are Angels!
laughing man

UK

#200462 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible attacks gay people and really stupid Christians [is there another kind?] love to quote 6 verses from that stupid, silly and contradictory book while totally ignoring the other 33,000 verses that apply to them.
In our American Republic it is the job of our Government to protect the rights of ALL Americans not just the majorities. That means if there are only two homosexuals in America the Government still must protect their rights from being violated by ignorant pew warming bigots.
Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."
Reverend Rump Rage is really on a hater binge this morning, boys and girls. Will the rest of its kind choose to police their own and take out their trash? Or will they ignore it and let it keep piling up until the whole neighborhood is uninhabitable?
laughing man

UK

#200463 Jul 6, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I'll be squeezing it right into your big mouth.
As George Takei would say:

"Oh, MY!!"

Are you that juvenile Rage Queen from Illinois?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200464 Jul 6, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying this, but it isn't true.
You know that Greek and Roman cultures had active homosexual communities which were thriving.
You also know that those communities were terminated by Christians. That's right, those God loving Christians killed off the queers because they believed that they were supposed to kill off the queers.
First, I responded to a poster who said all homophobes were Christians. That is a lie.

Second, Greece engaged in pederasty, not homosexuality. If you want to debate that issue, I'd be happy to do so. Even Roman practices are distinct from what you are suggesting.

Third, it is a blatant lie that Christians killed off homosexual communities. In fact, the most famous Roman gay, Nero, brutally killed Christians. The exact opposite of what you suggest.

You are a deliberately lying, ignorant bigot, far worse than the original poster.
laughing man

UK

#200465 Jul 6, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you're NOT amazed of how much money 'Christians' donate to causes like 'Kill the Gays' bill in Uganda..But then I guess you've never heard of 'The Brotherhood' either...Next time you shoot off that ignorant mouth do some research fking bigot!
This must be a special day where GLAAD sent out the Rage Queens to do battle and die for nothing.

This is the first I'd heard of sending money to Uganda. Are you one of those mental defectives who usually exists on indymedia or the Guardian?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#200466 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Homosexuality is rejected across cultures and all religions for all of human history.....
And yet slavery was not.

Go figure.

Thankfully, we have learned better, for the most part.
laughing man

UK

#200467 Jul 6, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you think nothing of being a mindless pillow biting faddist.

The crowd does it so you will too.

Imbecile.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#200468 Jul 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Rump Rage is really on a hater binge this morning,.
Odd.

What made you start imagining his rear?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#200469 Jul 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Rump Rage is really on a hater binge this morning, boys and girls. Will the rest of its kind choose to police their own and take out their trash? Or will they ignore it and let it keep piling up until the whole neighborhood is uninhabitable?
Why Not? You let the POS Kilmare Rage on for years...
laughing man

UK

#200470 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet slavery was not.
Go figure.
Thankfully, we have learned better, for the most part.
Just a reminder, lil' darlin', that when the slave ships came across the African horizon, it was blacks who rounded up another load of their own to ship to America.

I thought you polyp bangers were supposed to be "intellectuals". Just an urban legend?
laughing man

UK

#200471 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd.
What made you start imagining his rear?
Irving’s Laws of homosexual “debate”:

Rule One:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is “in the closet”.

Rule Two A:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably state that an opponent is a “bigot” and/or a “homophobe” and/or a “racist” and/or a “hater” and/or "unenlightened".

Rule Two B:

When on the losing side of a debate, which is 100 percent of the time, a homosexual will, within the first three posts, invariably create out of whole cloth that there are “many” non-existent “studies” which will back up it’s claims that opponents are “unenlightened closeted bigoted racist haters”, legitimate and unbiased studies which cannot and will not be sourced by the homosexual claimant when pressed.

Irving’s Razor:

Anyone who has taken a position in any debate, whether about homosexuality or race relations is by definition a bigot, therefore the use of the word “bigot” by homosexuals quadruples their irrelevance in a debate.

Irving's Rule of "Racism":

Color of skin ALWAYS matters more than its thickness.

Buckley paraphrased:

To paraphrase William F. Buckley, libtards claim to be the champions of diverse points of view, but are actually shocked and driven to mindless adolescent rage when they discover that there truly are other points of view.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#200472 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
http://www.nimbios.org/press/
FS_homosexuality
"The study solves the evolutionary riddle of homosexuality, finding that "sexually antagonistic" epi-marks, which normally protect parents from natural variation in sex hormone levels during fetal development, sometimes carryover across generations and cause homosexuality in opposite-sex offspring. The mathematical modeling demonstrates that genes coding for these epi-marks can easily spread in the population because they always increase the fitness of the parent but only rarely escape erasure and reduce fitness in offspring."
Note;
"The study solves the evolutionary riddle of homosexuality",
"sexually antagonistic",
and "they always increase the fitness of the parent but only rarely escape erasure and reduce fitness in offspring."
Clearly an epi-marker mistake.
Repeating the same statements 14,000 times does not create truth. It will not change the present. It will not change the future.

You have beat the same drum with angry, self-righteous hands until the drum has disintegrated and turned to dust. All that remains are angry self-bloodied hands that continue to flap in the wind. Let your hands heal. Let them explore new things. Life is short.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#200473 Jul 6, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be a special day where GLAAD sent out the Rage Queens to do battle and die for nothing.
This is the first I'd heard of sending money to Uganda. Are you one of those mental defectives who usually exists on indymedia or the Guardian?
Then you need to read something other than Guideposts or Christian Women, Smarta$$.. Yet Another one who needs to do research before shooting their ignorant and bigoted mouth off.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#200474 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot bigot.
Stones harm no one until they are hurled. Let them be. They are lovely as decorative elements.
Such a promise

Monrovia, CA

#200475 Jul 6, 2013
"And God promised man that good and obedient wives would be found in all the corners of the earth."

Then he made the earth round... and He laughed and laughed and laughed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr Little Ricky 15,973
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr memo maddnes 5,020
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••