Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#200070 Jul 3, 2013
Well folks, it's been fun. This thread is dead. Gay marriage has resumed in California.

nah nah nah nah nah.
Pizzon Guards

Monrovia, CA

#200071 Jul 3, 2013
Inmates in St Louis have revealed that they were forced to fight each other in order to entertain prison guards.

Five guards were named in the suit and they were said to be the ones who forced inmates to fight in 'gladiator-style combat'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23535...

Only stupid in America - July 2013
Fearless Contrarian

Saint Paul, MN

#200072 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
marriage is biologically natural and universal? LOL!!! There a lot of bunny rabbit weddings happening in your trailer park? Turtle weddings?
<quoted text>
Gee, and yet with ALL the numerous people supporting your side, not one of them has been able to establish 1 negative social impact, not 1 economic impact, not one health impact, and not one evolutionary consequence. NOT ONE.
Perhaps you can be the celebrity de jour for your kind. Please Fearless Contrarian, please present us with the Top 5 of these impacts and consequences.
Here are some secular arguments against homosexuality, which is a behavior and therefore can be learned and adopted through the process of indoctrination (e.g. in schools), acculturation and socialization. Scientists have yet to prove that deviant/unnatural sexual behavior is congenital.

Normalizing homosexual behavior by legalizing same-sex marriage will have profound social, economic, health, and evolutionary consequences the like of which the world has never seen. Social scientists prognosticate the following implications and trends:

Homosexuality as the new norm: Through the process of socialization, and suppression of dissent, the next generation will come to believe that homosexuality is as an acceptable orientation and lifestyle. With the approval and encouragement of parents, teachers, social scientists, political leaders, and prominent cultural figures in the media, a growing proportion of the young population will adopt a homosexual lifestyle in pace with rising acceptance levels. This positive trend will result in an explosion of infertile couples in the United States.

Economic downturn: A substantial increase in infertile couples will cause the natural population growth in the United Stated states to collapse. That will adversely affect important factors that depend on steady population growth such as national consumption, GDP, Social Security and Medicare. With a diminished labor force (i.e. future population) to demand goods and services, aggregate supply will fall, gross domestic output will decline or grow very slowly, and the prolonged economic contraction will push the unemployment rate to stubbornly high recessionary levels until there is a counteracting economic force. A similar economic story has already unfolded in developed countries with declining populations such as Italy, Russia and Spain.

Public health: The greater preponderance of homosexual couples will lead to a rapid epidemic of HIV infection and AIDS, which is presently at higher prevalence among homosexual men. This nationwide health crisis will place further strain on family and government budgets, crowd out funding for essential public services, and reduce future standard of living for millions of citizens.

Massive social disorientation: Demand for surrogate mothers and adoption services will skyrocket from a rising population of infertile couples. A large number of people will grow up without any knowledge or emotional connection with their biological parents or ancestry, leading to intense feelings of estrangement, abandonment, rejection and lack of identity. Furthermore, the high demand for babies will create perverse incentives for criminous organizations throughout the globe to illegally traffic, trade, and commoditize children for profit.

The LGBT movement would like you to believe that same-sex marriage is only an issue concerning two people who love each other, but that is far from the truth. Redefining and diminishing a centuries-old social structure, such as traditional marriage, is a grand social experiment that will likely have devastating long-term social, economic, and health outcomes.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#200073 Jul 3, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I never said "Not believing in your beliefs" has anything to do with intolerance. Show me a post where I said that?
Did I say you said that? Nope, I sure didn't. Take a deep breath Ricky.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie so much?
I haven't lied yet Ricky.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
Constantly bashing and blaming those that do have deeper beliefs then your puddle of crud theory is intolerance.
I've also never mentioned a puddle of crud theory either Ricky. Not once. Please stop accusing me of things I haven' done. But then, if you stuck with what I've actually said, rather than what you wish I had said, you wouldn't be able to play your persecution card.

Oh, and we will discard your "deeper" beliefs nonsense, since my beliefs are every bit as deep as yours. Stop pretending your beliefs make you special. They don't.

And finally, please feel free to support your accusation by demonstrating where I have "blamed" you for something. Oh, and let's see some of this "bashing" you refer to. Let's see some post numbers you big drama queen.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking to be persecuted, I doubt too many others welcome it, I doubt the Catholic Priest beheaded in Syria (by some of Obama supported rebels) was looking for it. How should a True God reward him? Once again, Thanks proving the prediction from the Bible correct.
And the dish ran away with the spoon.
Utah perverts

Monrovia, CA

#200074 Jul 3, 2013
June 25, 2013..

Four men sued the Boy Scouts of America and its largest sponsor, the Mormon Church, accusing both organizations of failing to protect them from sexual abuse by adult volunteers when they were children at scouting activities in Idaho.

Nasty little secrets the Mormon Church carries around.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#200075 Jul 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's a very simple concept really. You tell someone to enjoy a place, you must think that place exists.
That's not a simple concept, that's merely demonstrating what an idiot you are. Tell me Tizzy, WHY "must" I think that place exists if I mention it? Specifics.

Peter Pan is from Never Land.

There, now I've mentioned Peter Pan and Never Land, I'm still not under any obligation that I "must" think they exist.

You should try joining the rest of civilization in this place we call Reality.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope that helps.
No dear, as always it was just a bunch of drivel.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember! there are no stupid posts, only stupid posters such as yourself.
Says the person who claims that by uttering something, one has revealed their entire belief system.

Brian_G has nothing on you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200076 Jul 3, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can polygamists get married? Who is the moron?
Easy one! The moron is you who has to ask if polygamists can get married.

Sure they can moron. So can you! Equal rights doncha know.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200077 Jul 3, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
Well folks, it's been fun. This thread is dead. Gay marriage has resumed in California.
nah nah nah nah nah.
Careful on the way out, watch out for that door.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200078 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a simple concept, that's merely demonstrating what an idiot you are. Tell me Tizzy, WHY "must" I think that place exists if I mention it? Specifics.
Peter Pan is from Never Land.
There, now I've mentioned Peter Pan and Never Land, I'm still not under any obligation that I "must" think they exist.
You should try joining the rest of civilization in this place we call Reality.
<quoted text>
No dear, as always it was just a bunch of drivel.
<quoted text>
Says the person who claims that by uttering something, one has revealed their entire belief system.
Brian_G has nothing on you.
Too funny! You're gonna have a stroke son. Just because I pointed out how dumb it is when you tell people to enjoy a place you are sure doesn't exist. Relax.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200079 Jul 3, 2013
Whoop~Whoop! Ah good times.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200088 Jul 3, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops.
That never gets old paisan.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200090 Jul 3, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can polygamists get married? Who is the moron?
Can gay people marry? Sure can, in ANY STATE in the union, and their marriage will be valid IN ANY state.
E for Efforts

Monrovia, CA

#200091 Jul 3, 2013
Such a poor effort on responding to the insane anti marriage poster's.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200092 Jul 3, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Can gay people marry? Sure can, in ANY STATE in the union, and their marriage will be valid IN ANY state.
I love it when that silly jackass Rose Feratu opens his big piehole and promptly sticks his foot in it for our amusement.
Light them up

Monrovia, CA

#200094 Jul 3, 2013
You can use 'save and sane fire works in Glendora' as long as your using them in Los Angeles County property pockets 6 to 7 inside there city limits of Glendora's city boundaries.

County laws supersede Glendora laws in and on L. A. County property.

Since: Nov 12

Wilton, CA

#200095 Jul 3, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, STOP WHINING ABOUT IT.
Retard, I'm not WHINING about it, I'm responding to another hater here.

Wilton, CA

#200096 Jul 3, 2013
Utah perverts wrote:
June 25, 2013..
Four men sued the Boy Scouts of America and its largest sponsor, the Mormon Church, accusing both organizations of failing to protect them from sexual abuse by adult volunteers when they were children at scouting activities in Idaho.
Nasty little secrets the Mormon Church carries around.
Hey a lot of gays here want gays in scouting. I guess you showed why it's not a good idea. Thanks.

Wilton, CA

#200098 Jul 3, 2013
Light them up wrote:
You can use 'save and sane fire works in Glendora' as long as your using them in Los Angeles County property pockets 6 to 7 inside there city limits of Glendora's city boundaries.
County laws supersede Glendora laws in and on L. A. County property.
My Azusa friends were planning on using your roof of your shack as a launching pad, but I told them it's too unstable.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#200105 Jul 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
...I do not give denial the same courtesy. That is where my barbarianism sinks the knife of reality to the hilt, into the belly of denial, and twists it with a smirk.
Sometimes very little effort is needed to unearth the true character of a beast. One must simply shine a bright light on the beast and illuminate its essence. Sometimes under the heat of the hot burning light, the beast will self confess its evil ways, its barbaric nature, its pleasure in harming others.

Sometimes the truth is inconvenient.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200106 Jul 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LIE. It is the result of procreation, not the marriage. Marriage is a manmade institution which does not produce children. People produce children.
<quoted text>
COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. It isn't required to be a result for ss couples.
<quoted text>
Which "fact" is that KiMare? The fact that ss couples aren't required to produce a baby together, or your fictional fact that marriages produce babies?
<quoted text>
Um, SCOTUS didn't address procreation since it was irrelevant to the issue being ruled on. Snicker smirk.
Procreation is the result of procreation???

This is only more proof that gays have no idea about the realities of marriage and family.

It is also evidence of another insane rant of Jonah.

Are you by any chance a postman/woman???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Mike 132
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web