Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199808 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye. Glad you're leaving. You're boring and stupid.
So you just admitted to being KiMare. LOL. What a dope.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199809 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the People's Republic of Amerikka. Where in the constitution is marriage even mentioned? So if a federal marriage amendment, for the sake of discussion, is added to the constitution, would that be "unconstitutional"?
Wrong Paco, the judge found the law to be in violation of the constitution. The 9th backed him up. Scotus dumped it for lack of standing. Dang you people are S-L-O-W
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199810 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the law, marriage is a contract between 2 adult human beings. So no, you cannot. You may have an alcoholic parade if you obtain the financing and necessary permits.
It used to be a contract between two people of different gender. We dropped the gender part. Why can't we drop the number part? Why is your version of marriage better than anyone elses version and why should it be the only one allowed?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199812 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
So you just admitted to being KiMare. LOL. What a dope.
If it makes you feel better, sure fruitcake. That's the way it was.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199813 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to any state law, where those exact words are contained in any state marriage law? So if a person chooses to marry a sibling, that should be allowed?
You can try to twist this however you want. The Supreme Court ruled.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199814 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. you are wrong. Some if not many atheists are polygamists. But thanks for admitting you believe we should deny equal rights based on religion.
Did you see the article on gay polygamy in the Advocate? Those 3 guys aren't religious. I wish them well in their fight for marriage equality. I guess you do too as long as they are not religious?
"Some if not many atheists are polygamists"

Site your stats.

If you are for equal marriage rights, based on religion, then you support child brides. Wat to go Mr Pedeo.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199815 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be a contract between two people of different gender. We dropped the gender part. Why can't we drop the number part? Why is your version of marriage better than anyone elses version and why should it be the only one allowed?
Whats this we crap Frank. You said that you support gay rights.

Face it bigot, you support child brides. Did you learn that in Nam?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199816 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Sup Paco? Twice the people voted for a unconstitutional law. Dang you people are S-L-O-W
You really think he doesn't know that? Damn you're slow.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199818 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I need to remind you that I never made any argument against polygamy? If you support that cause, go for it. Do what it takes to get the law changed. I will not oppose you. I do not care what people do as long as they are not harming others.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199819 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Any abuse within any relationship, monogamous or polygamous, should be dealt with by any applicable laws. If all the adults involved are consenting, there is no issue. Perhaps you could explain this apparent contradiction in societal attitudes. A man can father several children with several different women, and it has become perfectly acceptable. However, if a man does that, regards the women as his wives, and they, as consenting adults, view him as their husband, society, and the state, views that as unacceptable. Why?
Why is it if a man has sex with a thousand different ladies , he is called a stud. But if a woman has sex with a thousand different men, she is a slut?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199821 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the law, marriage is a contract between 2 adult human beings. So no, you cannot. You may have an alcoholic parade if you obtain the financing and necessary permits.
In the eyes of the law, at least in 30 plus states, marriage is a union of husband and wife.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199822 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the ones that need to move, instead of pissing in OUR pool.
I could shat on your head, your choice.
Billy

San Francisco, CA

#199824 Jul 2, 2013
Now now, don't cry gay boys and gay girls. There's plenty of room in the Obama Boo Boo GAY JOY CAMPS.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199825 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you don't see anyone else mad, even though Frankie is not? I'll help you, son, look at VV. He gets all meltdown at anything. Look at the now-defunct Rose-no-ho, who told people to give their kids pearl necklaces. Look at Lililth, who says that she'll gut anyone who says anything bad to her "daughter". I could go on, but I don't need to. You've been using "Selecta-Vision" glasses for too long. If you don't see them getting all EMO, then, you're a moron.
Thank you for your attempted post. However, it made no sense. Please re-phrase your post and try again. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I hope you are enjoying your Topix experience.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199826 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think he doesn't know that? Damn you're slow.
He M-U-S-T be slow, he did it twice......... He so did you... ROFLMAO
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199828 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish of you. "Go pick on someone else!". Very revealing, as well.
There is a village missing their idiot, phone home, and let them know you are doing fine.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199829 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
In the eyes of the law, at least in 30 plus states, marriage is a union of husband and wife.
Not for long. You will need to find ways to deal with whatever strife that causes you. Peace.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199830 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try to twist this however you want. The Supreme Court ruled.
I'm not twisting anything, simply asking for a reference to those exact words in law. I suspect they don't exist. By your definition, ANY adult, would do, even blood relatives. Did u mean that as well? Did SCOTUS use those words anywhere in the opinions, including the dissenting ones?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199831 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowee, do you really think that they have heard about arithmetic? Wowee, deep.... Do you think any of them has taken a civics course, too?
The moron Rose Feratu gives us the arithmetic argument argument against poly marriage. These are the same people who ridicule any argument against SSM as dumb.

Is there any dumber argument than polygamists are asking for more than their fair share of equal protection??

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199833 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it if a man has sex with a thousand different ladies , he is called a stud. But if a woman has sex with a thousand different men, she is a slut?
Oh her aching back. But thanks for the answer none the less.....very less.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 8 Terry 126
Riverside County DA, let's two bad guys go free. Oct 4 Bill H 1
child molester at large in dhs Sep 25 Karen Wood 1
Review: Soho Sep 24 Mrs Matthew Olson 1
Perrotte gains support for early release (Jun '07) Sep 20 ET SNELL 26
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs Jobs