Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199852 Jul 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it Rock, why do they care? If the sole legal definition of marriage, a monogamous union of husband and wife, is, or has been discarded by a dozen states or so, why does it matter to them if it is further redefined, or changed?
Paco there are many, many things that you do not understand. Maybe you should start with some thing a little easier

http://www.google.com/imgres...
pot kettle

Long Beach, CA

#199853 Jul 2, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument you got there Jizzy.
Almost as good as yours. Wait you didn't have one at all. Dope.
Womba

Stillwater, OK

#199855 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it did.
:-D
Know any good Rock Hudson jokes?:)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#199856 Jul 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the decision impacts the way states enacts marriage law--for now.
I think that people will individually begin to appeal each state's refusal to recognize same-sex marriages. It will be a gradual process. Some federal districts will refuse hear these appeals, while others will. And once they're at a federal level, I think courts will have a different take on same-sex marriage based on the decisions--specifically the wording--reached earlier this week by the Supreme Court.
That's interesting, homosexuals have the "standing" to challenge state law and rulings in the federal court system, but the people lack standing to challenge such decisions?

Such is the issue with the ruling by the SCOTUS..

But like I said, you are near-sighted, and can't comprehend the deep rooted implications of the SCOTUS opinion.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199860 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is: did your parents have any children that didn't bring them shame? Children that didn't cause them to weep themselves softly to sleep every night?
My question is: did your parents have any children that lived?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199861 Jul 2, 2013
Well its been a fun day here on topix. I wonder will Frankie find a clue?
Will KMare find a life

Will Rock find a brain

Will Bruno find his penguine

Will I be able to keep a straight face when posting to these simple azz morons??

I Dunno
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#199862 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just like we tampered with schooling, in favor of the other ones, and now there is a rash of anal rapes and sodomies by children that are too young to understand what they are doing. Tampering, a bad idea. Throwing away all the lessons that we had learnt, up until now.
LOl, that is one great reason NOT to send your kids to a Catholic school. The things they learn from priests.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199864 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
Well its been a fun day here on topix. I wonder will Frankie find a clue?
Will KMare find a life
Will Rock find a brain
Will Bruno find his penguine
Will I be able to keep a straight face when posting to these simple azz morons??
I Dunno
None of those things are real.

You finding a ss couple married is the real problem.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#199866 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is: did your parents have any children that didn't bring them shame? Children that didn't cause them to weep themselves softly to sleep every night?
Funniest post of the day...LOL
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199867 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Don't go away mad Frank, just go away. Maybe Fuckyouastan will take you and Rock. Who's my gooood little boi?? Go fetch.
You wish you could censor me away. I ain't going nowhere. Don't like it? Tough sh!t! Woo~HOOO!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199869 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Mirror, mirror, pedo boy
So now I'm a "pedo boy"?

You're really losing it Jizzy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199871 Jul 2, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know the exact words of the law. And neither do you. I am familiar with the result and practical application of law on our lives as citizens. Do you know the exact verbiage of the law that states you cannot drive through a red light? Or the exact words of law that allows you the right to purchase a house or enter into any other type of contract? Attempting to make marriage about incest is a losing argument. Sorry. Now let the bashing and twisting of my words begin. Sybil/Frankie/Kimare? Rock? Go for it. You will just make yourselves look foolish yet again. Call me as many names as you want. Smile people! Life is good!
The cowardly troll impersonating a dog suddenly gets passionate. Priceless.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199873 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it did.
:-D
Have heard from the malcontent jackass freak since!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199874 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Paco there are many, many things that you do not understand. Maybe you should start with some thing a little easier
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Oy vey. You are truly a retard Jizzy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199876 Jul 2, 2013
pot kettle wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost as good as yours. Wait you didn't have one at all. Dope.
That makes yours even worse than none at all, Einstein.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199878 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is: did your parents have any children that lived?
Oy vey.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199879 Jul 2, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>LOl, that is one great reason NOT to send your kids to a Catholic school. The things they learn from priests.
You sound like a man of experience.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#199880 Jul 2, 2013
Why is freedom and equality and justice such a bad idea to the far right..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199884 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
they're just afraid of polygamists. They believe that they will be trivialized as "inferior" when marriage cases are tried, or something like that. A marriage of 3 will hold more validity than a marriage of 2, and they will be back in the back seat, again...
Yes. To these selfish and very paranoid jackasses polygamy is just a plot against same sex marriage. It's a "red herring". As if that dismisses it.

Or even worse, some of them suggest it's an excuse to rape little girls. Or the good old "polygamists are religious so don't deserve rights". Those two were Jizzy's arguments against marriage equality today.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199887 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little Guido....Embrace the diversity and tolerance, revel in it....
Oh hell yeah that's the only way to be. Rise above it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 1 hr Big Hairy Pink Pu... 720
mexican landscapers dump in the desert 11 hr Alex 15
Drugs on rise in Palm Springs (Sep '07) Mon Jean 5
Review: Simple Cash Nov 22 NoLongerTheirClient 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Nov 21 A Ha 152
Desert Hot Springs Missing Out On Revenue Nov 20 Dale 5
Review: Coachella Valley Collection Service Nov 18 Socochick 1

Fire Warning for Riverside County was issued at November 25 at 12:28PM PST

Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Palm Springs News, Events & Info