Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201810 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199448 Jul 1, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes Party C, the child, will be gay. It's part of this biology you speak of.
Yes that does happen.plus party c, will have his mother and father. His/her mom and dad, married to each other. What a concept. Even gay children have a married mom and dad.
laughing man

UK

#199449 Jul 1, 2013
I see that the pillow biter is in smilie mashing mode again.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199450 Jul 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Last month 1,177 people were killed explicitly in the name of Allah, including a monk who was beheaded in Syria.
American Stabbed to Death in Egypt after Taking Photos Near Muslim Brotherhood Office
Who is supporting the Muslim brotherhood?
Who is supporting Syria rebels?
O B A M A
Good post.

We ignore at our own peril.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199452 Jul 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that does happen.plus party c, will have his mother and father. His/her mom and dad, married to each other. What a concept. Even gay children have a married mom and dad.
I'm sure you already know this, but not all parents are married.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#199453 Jul 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Good one retard, blame it all on a conspiracy...LOL....I got one for you, google: Obama supporting the syrian rebels. I guess all the news sources came up with the same conspiracy. LOL
Um, dummy, you're the one with the "Muslim Brotherhood" conspiracy rant, not me. Like I said, I'm sure you can find a message board somewhere on the internet with that as the topic. Why not do a search? If you are too dumb to figure out how to do that, let me know, I'll do it for you.

Santa Monica, CA

#199454 Jul 1, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>A person IN a polygamous relationship is a person....duh!
And? Your point? Everybody has the same rights WRT polygamy. So, it's not an equal rights issue.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#199455 Jul 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, dummy, you're the one with the "Muslim Brotherhood" conspiracy rant, not me. Like I said, I'm sure you can find a message board somewhere on the internet with that as the topic. Why not do a search? If you are too dumb to figure out how to do that, let me know, I'll do it for you.
Now that you figured out Obama is supporting the Syrian rebels, you actually are so ignorant that you don't know he is supporting the muslim brotherhood. LOL

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199456 Jul 1, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you already know this, but not all parents are married.
True. Some never married, some divorced, some seperate by death.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199457 Jul 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And? Your point? Everybody has the same rights WRT polygamy. So, it's not an equal rights issue.
Nor is ssm, to put it in context. All men and women have the same right to marry, to enter into a legally recognized monogamous relationship of husband and wife. That's the starting point. Gay folks want to drop the "husband AND wife part", polygamists, the monogamy part. So who gets what?
laughing man

UK

#199458 Jul 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too frickin' stupid to even know where your widdle pee-pee shouldn't go, but thanks for the offer, shitferbrains.

Santa Monica, CA

#199459 Jul 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
A monogamous marriage is not a person either.
Polygamy is marriage. Worthy of the same protection of the law as any other marriage. No more. No less.
You are really stupid. It's kinda funny.
No, monogamous marriage is not a person, but people should have equal rights WRT to it. Get it? Since a man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right. Since a woman can marry a man, a man should have that same right.

Nobody can marry more than one person. Should they be able to? Well, why not find a forum where polygamy is the subject, and talk about it?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199460 Jul 1, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too frickin' stupid to even know where your widdle pee-pee shouldn't go, but thanks for the offer, shitferbrains.
Hilarious when people have nothing to add, so they just call people names. I remember people doing that in about 6th grade, but most of us got past that phase. Feel free to call me one too if it makes you feel better.

Santa Monica, CA

#199461 Jul 1, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you are too dumb to figure out how to search for a forum that talks about Obama. Must be they are so rare.

Santa Monica, CA

#199462 Jul 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is ssm, to put it in context. All men and women have the same right to marry,
No, stupid, they do not. A man has the right to marry a woman, a woman does not. Not the same. A woman has the right to marry a man, but a man doesn't. Again, not the same.
Pietro Armando wrote:
to enter into a legally recognized monogamous relationship of husband and wife. That's the starting point. Gay folks want to drop the "husband AND wife part", polygamists, the monogamy part. So who gets what?
You're an ignorant bigot?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#199463 Jul 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, monogamous marriage is not a person, but people should have equal rights WRT to it. Get it? Since a man can marry a woman, a woman should have that same right. Since a woman can marry a man, a man should have that same right.
What definition of marriage is this right based on?
Nobody can marry more than one person. Should they be able to? Well, why not find a forum where polygamy is the subject, and talk about it?
Same sex marriage is a contradiction in terms.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199464 Jul 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it exists.

Santa Monica, CA

#199465 Jul 1, 2013
And still, not one rational argument against gay marriage. Come on folks, this forum has been around for almost 3 years, and still not one rational argument against gay marriage.
I have to chuckle when people on the news say stuff like "Changing the definition of marriage will change the definition of marriage." (Well, um, duh)
"This is the first time marriage has ever been redefined" (A lie) or "Every major religion is against it." (Even if true, it doesn't matter. If you are not a member of a religion, you shouldn't have to follow its dictates.)

Santa Monica, CA

#199467 Jul 1, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What definition of marriage is this right based on?
<quoted text>
Do you sit around thinking, "Hey, wait, I can come up with something even dumber to post."?

Whatever definition of marriage the state has with the gender removed. Because including gender violates equal protection.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#199468 Jul 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
People should also have equal rights "WRT" polygamy. Get it?

Why are you a hypocrite? Why do you attempt to censor me?

As far as going to another forum, no. This is a perfectly good marriage equality forum. Why do you attempt to censor me? Afraid of something?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#199469 Jul 1, 2013
Hey Ho, funny how you of all people in here keep calling others "stupid" lol and keep biting those "N" Toe-Nails ... have a banana

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Touch Of Class Consignment (Cathedral City, Ca. Sun Tony 2
Review: Utopia Management May 23 MichaelJames20178 2
mexican landscapers dump in the desert (Nov '14) May 22 Sandy 54
Fraud Website against Winderemere Real Estate. ... May 21 Palm Desert Local 3
Mayor Pougnet dodges questions about conflict o... May 21 California Resident 3
Any housekeepers near indio?? May 20 BigJG 1
News Palm Springs Gay and Lesbian Film Festival to o... (Sep '13) May 11 sam 3
More from around the web

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE