Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,638)

Showing posts 172,741 - 172,760 of199,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I picture Jizzy looks like.
Can't remember for sure, but it seems like it's been ten years since first seeing that picture, and to me it's still the best one yet. Every day those imbeciles stand there like carolers at Christmas, eyes locked on a script and their mouths open like an inflatable doll - "there's nothing wrong with us" and "they're just like you and me", but they'll never get past the first impression that even a mental institution won't accept them.

What part of the brain brings forth that kooky shit in the picture? They want me to have a dialog? Then there's THE question. And we know there's no answer.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The lady doth protest to much methinks.
Oh puh-leez. Who do you think you're kidding? Anyone who reads your posts knows you can't think.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...
Yep. You are definitely arithmetically challenged.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you've got Frankie so your time is well spent. I admit to being underwhelmed by your company though.
No surprise there.... you're too preoccupied with thinking up stupid excuses for your idiotic comments. Try stomping your foot. It's just as affective as your juvenile taunts. And maybe you'll get the blood flowing to your brain.
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No sweetie, YOU lose. Polygamy was already illegal when Prop 8 was enacted. Prop 8 didn't put a stop to polygamist marriages. Prop 8 had ZERO effect on polygamy. Do you have trouble with linear time lines?
Sushhhh...he thinks it was legal before and will be again now...he has no clue
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No sweetie, YOU lose. Polygamy was already illegal when Prop 8 was enacted. Prop 8 didn't put a stop to polygamist marriages. Prop 8 had ZERO effect on polygamy. Do you have trouble with linear time lines?
No. Prop 8 prohibited polygamy too. Now it doesn't anymore because it was struck down. But there are other laws against it. One less though.

Why are you struggling so hard to spin that prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sushhhh...he thinks it was legal before and will be again now...he has no clue
No I don't and you know it, LIAR.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise there.... you're too preoccupied with thinking up stupid excuses for your idiotic comments. Try stomping your foot. It's just as affective as your juvenile taunts. And maybe you'll get the blood flowing to your brain.
Try stomping your foot and maybe that will convince us that prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too. But I doubt it.

What don't you understand about "marriage is a man a woman"? It's a simple concept really. Ask for help.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. Who do you think you're kidding? Anyone who reads your posts knows you can't think.
I think well enough to make you so angry you're about to vomit.

And as the once great, but now washed up has-been "Rose_NoHo" would say, "even if that were true, it would be a non issue."

In other words, even if I couldn't think, you'd still be wrong. Prop 8 prohibited polygamy too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You are definitely arithmetically challenged.
If your using that stupid ad hominem against polygamy, the comeback is that you are gender identification challenged. Same insult, different type marriage.

marriage. There is no one right way.

P.S. How does it feel to argue against equality?
Bingo Bush

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Are you sure that trash talking exPrez. Bush is still making your life miserable?
Big D

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try stomping your foot and maybe that will convince us that prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too. But I doubt it.
What don't you understand about "marriage is a man a woman"? It's a simple concept really. Ask for help.
You can stomp your feet all day long like a little kid. Prop 8 could not ban polygamy because it was already banned. Nor did it add to the ban...Nor did it take away from the ban when prop 8 was overturned. We are just laughing at you total and complete ignorance.

Was illegal before...during and after..legal zero effect

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I want everyone else to believe in a puddle of crud theory? Um, in which post did I request this?
Waiting....
Waiting....
Waiting....
Then keep waiting and stop your bigotry attitude against others that don't push the puddle of crud theory. Then keep waiting for it.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't and you know it, LIAR.
and Big d is in the show me state, for him it's the big lie me state.
Jungle

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

I was hoping that band-aid would shut the wound that keeps bleeding from your face.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stomp your feet all day long like a little kid. Prop 8 could not ban polygamy because it was already banned. Nor did it add to the ban...Nor did it take away from the ban when prop 8 was overturned. We are just laughing at you total and complete ignorance.
Was illegal before...during and after..legal zero effect
You can stomp your feet bla bla bla. Prop 8 banned polygamy too. Sure there are ither laws against it still but if the other laws against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 wasn't, would polygamy be legal?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they were talking about that, today, on NPR. HEAVY bias. Cal Thomas said that he hadn't seen this much cheerleading since the Obammy election.
Even the commie rag the Huffington Post reported it. But of course they ironically spun the hell out of it in favor of SSM.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you decide that a forum based upon politics was Gay-Themed? Unilaterally?
Yeah, this clown xolo has no argument for me so he gets mad and claims I shouldn't be on this "gay themed" thread.

Too funny!
Enterprise

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

California enterprise zones face elimination after Assembly vote, 2014 it will be changed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind, awfully, describing which Topix TOS Frank has violated? And, while yer at it, would you describe how others from your side have managed to avoid the same gaggings? For violations of Topix TOS? Thank you in advance.
One of these jackasses once told me I get censored because I violate TOS. And he spelled out F*** and sh!t in a post telling me my posts get deleted because they violate TOS. You can't make this stuff up! That's why I like these clowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,741 - 172,760 of199,070
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Apr 12 go back to mexico 525
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Apr 11 Acme Pest Control 15,652
Homeless cited for camping near prominent Palm ... Apr 7 Sam 2
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Apr 6 Amie 106
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE