Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,381 - 172,400 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Secet undies

Monrovia, CA

#198142 Jun 26, 2013
And the Mor mons can go to heal, Nation reacts to gay marriage decisions.

There just a bunch of perverts anyway, so say the masses.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198143 Jun 26, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>I am celebrating... its a great blow to talibangelical sharia law
in the meantime your tax dollars are going to support the Islamic rebels in Syria that would slash your throat for even mentioning a homosexual.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#198144 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now, let's march for plural marriage, and protect the bi sexual that wants to marry one of each. Freedom and pride for all.
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?

Elk Grove, CA

#198145 Jun 26, 2013
Involved too wrote:
Marlon Humphrey prospect in the state of Alabama in the Class of 2014, began tweeting Monday afternoon about a Ku Klux Klan march at Ole Miss.
Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Joseph Santoro are all involved too.
I think the parade most are referring to here are the gay pride parades, not your kkk events. Sorry.

Location hidden

#198146 Jun 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you discriminate against people of polyamorous orientation?
They deserve the same rights as you, hypocrite!!
Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
Oh Ricky, we all love it when you log in anonymously as your own fan club! As if the depths of your pathetic-ness couldn't be lower!!!

Elk Grove, CA

#198147 Jun 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
That's true, polyamorous orientation has been around as long as the homosexual.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198148 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just "marriage" hon!
Right.

Marriage. There is no one right way! So why do you hate polygamists?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198149 Jun 26, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really bad at this.
It doesn't "mater," it's just discussion. It's odd that you wouldn't just say either way, though. Maybe you should seek therapy if you aren't comfortable.
Again, what indicated to you that I was mad? If my previous post had been presented as a question on the SAT, and you indicated by multiple choice answer that the author was "mad," you'd get that question wrong.
I've already stated my position on polygamy.
Again. Why does it matter if I am gay? Did you think implying that I am gay just like you was an insult? Is there something wrong with gay? Please tell us about it.

You're really bad at this.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198150 Jun 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear hear!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198152 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Ricky, we all love it when you log in anonymously as your own fan club! As if the depths of your pathetic-ness couldn't be lower!!!
Great rebuttal fruitloops.

Location hidden

#198153 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Marriage. There is no one right way! So why do you hate polygamists?
I've never expressed my thoughts or opinions of polygamists or polygamy at any time. Not once. Why do you ASSume you are privy to some emotional status I have concerning either?

No need to answer, the question was rhetorical. Your need to be a jack*ss is already fully documented through your posts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198154 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That's true, polyamorous orientation has been around as long as the homosexual.
Polygamy has been around and has been much more widely practiced around the world throughout history than SSM ever was.

Yet now SSM is becoming legal. But polygamy can still land you in prison. Why do these clowns insist we now have "marriage equality"? Why do they celebrate polygamy's illegality? Why are they not hypocrites?

They won't say.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198155 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>in the meantime your tax dollars are going to support the Islamic rebels in Syria that would slash your throat for even mentioning a homosexual.
Yeah, notice little satan's boil has no problem with Islam. Only Christians.
DFL 4 EVER

Saint Paul, MN

#198156 Jun 26, 2013
I have a dream that someday men and women will be allowed to walk naked in public, and our children will get to witness women flaunting their unclothed bodies, men kissing multiple wives, women kissing multiple husbands, and men kissing multiple husbands, and celebrating their unbridled freedom and identity in public processions where display of physical affection and nudity engender exalting pride. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know today, that we, as a people, will get to the libertarian land!

Goodman, David. See Topless Woman? Just Move On, Police Are Told. The New York Times.15 May.2013.Web. 13 June. 2013 < http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/nyregion/a -... ;

Rosenblum, Emma. Scott Wiener on San Francisco's Ban on Public Nudity. Bloomberg Businessweek, 29 Nov. 2012. Web. 13 June. 2013.‹
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-11-...
“We’ve always had public nudity in San Francisco—in our parades, beaches, and street fairs, as well as the random naked person wandering through the neighborhood. Public nudity was part of the quirkiness and fabric of the Castro. About two years ago that changed, and it became a seven-days-a-week kind of thing. Every day there were a few, or more than a few, naked men displaying themselves at Castro Farmers’ Market and elsewhere. It created a lot of tension and anger among our residents and, of course, our businesses also weren’t fans. There’d be lines of families waiting to get into the Castro Theatre, and naked guys would be walking around with their genitals at kids’ eye levels.”
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198157 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?
Look up yourass. It shouldn't be hard, your head is already up in there.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#198158 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now, let's march for plural marriage, and protect the bi sexual that wants to marry one of each. Freedom and pride for all.
go file the paperwork, go file the suits, pay the fees, pay the attornies.

it'll be interesting to watch.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198159 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!
Polygamy, polygamy, polygamy!!!! He loves his polygamy!!!!
It's just marriage hon.
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198160 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy has been around and has been much more widely practiced around the world throughout history than SSM ever was.
Yet now SSM is becoming legal. But polygamy can still land you in prison. Why do these clowns insist we now have "marriage equality"? Why do they celebrate polygamy's illegality? Why are they not hypocrites?
They won't say.
Wrong playpen; baby
This is the TOPIX Gay/Lesbian chat room
To chit-chat with fellow polygamists in the TOPIX Polygamist chat rooms click here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...
and here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#198161 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 is gone. A victory for marriage equality. You should be happy! I am. That you are not is telling. Are you against marriage equality?
oh, rest assured, i am happy. my partner & i are beginning the planning of a wedding.

if you want polygamous marriages, go ahead, take that swing. hire the attornies, file the suits, pay the money. it'll be interesting to watch unfold.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198162 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the same people that voted in the great obama telling the rest of us that we don't matter. Heard it before. Now I don't hear those Obama fans so much while he's spending another 100 million to vacation in Africa again. I hope his Mother in law and niece enjoy it too, I'm sure the rest of us need to cut back and stop wasting fuel.
I agree. It's a terrible thing for one American to say to another "You don't matter". Just because they are wary of a tremendous social change. Someday maybe someone will marginalize them too. Then they will scream and vomit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr lechezz 4,998
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Tank ever 7,926
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Aug 26 matches lighters 15,961
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Aug 21 Commander Bunny 9
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
•••
•••
Palm Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••