Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,620)

Showing posts 172,381 - 172,400 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that if I support poly marriage it means I'm gay just like you? Do you support polygamy? Why? Why not?
If I am gay or not is irrelevant, why are you mad?
What made you think I was mad? Do you have reading comprehension issues?

Are you seriously in the closet (or straight?) It honestly never occurred to me in all these years that you were not gay.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>oh btw you lost
By how much, little girl?

*snicker*
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
What made you think I was mad? Do you have reading comprehension issues?
Are you seriously in the closet (or straight?) It honestly never occurred to me in all these years that you were not gay.
It's irrelevant if I am gay or not. Why does it mater so much to you? I support your right to marry who you want. Do you support others same right? If so, why are you mad at me? if not, you are a hypocrite. Easy!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Frank. The people requesting polygamy are for the most part doing so based on religious doctrine.
What would you do or say if the local government in Union City, Cali. Passed a law that required you to go to church( Chosen by them) every Sunday. You could not use your PC, TV, go to the movies or go shopping, no shots of Dickle, not a single can of PBR. All based on religious doctrine, that was not your chosen faith. What would you do or say?
Jizzy, why do you attempt to use religion against marriage equality?

“YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN !”

Since: May 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

As I was saying....( a few years ago ), The bigots are on the wrong side of history, on this issue, and today's Supreme Court decision proved me right. All the haters managed to do was delay the inevitable but they couldn't stop it. Victory is sweet....

Welcome California as the 13 state to legalize gay marriage. And with the striking down of DOMA, gays now have legal standing to successfully challenge EVERY state ban on same sex marriage.

I'll be marching in this year's San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade with a new sense of FREEDOM and PRIDE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Frank. The people requesting polygamy are for the most part doing so based on religious doctrine.
What would you do or say if the local government in Union City, Cali. Passed a law that required you to go to church( Chosen by them) every Sunday. You could not use your PC, TV, go to the movies or go shopping, no shots of Dickle, not a single can of PBR. All based on religious doctrine, that was not your chosen faith. What would you do or say?
You are saying that polygamy shouldn't be allowed because you don't like some of the people who practice it. Nice!

How about 3 atheist men? Do they have your blessing to marry?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeNSF wrote:
As I was saying....( a few years ago ), The bigots are on the wrong side of history, on this issue, and today's Supreme Court decision proved me right. All the haters managed to do was delay the inevitable but they couldn't stop it. Victory is sweet....
Welcome California as the 13 state to legalize gay marriage. And with the striking down of DOMA, gays now have legal standing to successfully challenge EVERY state ban on same sex marriage.
I'll be marching in this year's San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade with a new sense of FREEDOM and PRIDE!
Congratulations! This is a day to celebrate!

But the struggle is hardly over. There are still many people being denied marriage equality. Let's not forget them. they matter too.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bowser - the honey of my choice - and I have mixed emotions regarding this subject. The Big Government ruling class has been "helping the economy" by pumping $Billions of hard earned taxpayer money into a war against a tiny group of ragtag ill clad mostly illiterate Taliban. The question arises as to whether this is a wise expenditure of taxpayer money. Just like the vast majority of American taxpayers, the Taliban does not approve of the absurd notion of "marriages" of two or more persons of the same sex. On the other hand, both Bowser and I are at the forefront of those who applaud the corrupt agenda driven Government legal system. Once the high paid Government judges grant our Homosexual friends the "right" to "marry" one another, the day will soon come when we dog lovers' "equality under the "law" will no longer be denied.

Ronald

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's irrelevant if I am gay or not. Why does it mater so much to you? I support your right to marry who you want. Do you support others same right? If so, why are you mad at me? if not, you are a hypocrite. Easy!
You're really bad at this.

It doesn't "mater," it's just discussion. It's odd that you wouldn't just say either way, though. Maybe you should seek therapy if you aren't comfortable.

Again, what indicated to you that I was mad? If my previous post had been presented as a question on the SAT, and you indicated by multiple choice answer that the author was "mad," you'd get that question wrong.

I've already stated my position on polygamy.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Lamer wrote:
<quoted text>
only 10 % of pakistan has internet... That guy is retarded but you probably already know that.
Yeah, I'm well aware. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that "guy" is a gal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!
SSM, SSM, SSM!!!! He loves his SSM!!!!
It's just "marriage" hon!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

he just in case the bigitards and talibangelical christains missed it... you flucking lost
Many Christians denominations recognize and practice gay marriage. You still might have a chance. What will be your next fight for justice? free drugs, prostitution? Polygamy? Or will you just go home?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

MikeNSF wrote:
Now, let's march for plural marriage, and protect the bi sexual that wants to marry one of each. Freedom and pride for all.
Involved too

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Marlon Humphrey prospect in the state of Alabama in the Class of 2014, began tweeting Monday afternoon about a Ku Klux Klan march at Ole Miss.

Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Joseph Santoro are all involved too.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seek equality under the law.
1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People
Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.
I'm sorry you can't count.
what happened to freedom and justice for all? You hypocrite! Now you discriminate against others, making the bi sexual decide between a man or a woman.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't seek equality under the law.
1 Man + 1 Woman = 2 People
1 Man + 1 Man = 2 People
1 Woman = 1 Woman = 2 People
2(or more) Men + 1 Woman > 2 People
1 Man + 2 (or more) Women > 2 People
Those who can count can see polygamy doesn't seek equal protection of the law. Those who can't grasp this, yet continue to argue it as though it were a valid point are saying more about themselves than anything else.
I'm sorry you can't count.
Why do you discriminate against people of polyamorous orientation?
They deserve the same rights as you, hypocrite!!

Argument: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups- think Bill Clinton, Tiger Woods etc.). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
Secet undies

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

And the Mor mons can go to heal, Nation reacts to gay marriage decisions.

There just a bunch of perverts anyway, so say the masses.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I am celebrating... its a great blow to talibangelical sharia law
in the meantime your tax dollars are going to support the Islamic rebels in Syria that would slash your throat for even mentioning a homosexual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Now, let's march for plural marriage, and protect the bi sexual that wants to marry one of each. Freedom and pride for all.
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Involved too wrote:
Marlon Humphrey prospect in the state of Alabama in the Class of 2014, began tweeting Monday afternoon about a Ku Klux Klan march at Ole Miss.
Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Joseph Santoro are all involved too.
I think the parade most are referring to here are the gay pride parades, not your kkk events. Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 172,381 - 172,400 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Weather Watch for Riverside County was issued at April 21 at 2:06AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE