Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,171

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198162 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the same people that voted in the great obama telling the rest of us that we don't matter. Heard it before. Now I don't hear those Obama fans so much while he's spending another 100 million to vacation in Africa again. I hope his Mother in law and niece enjoy it too, I'm sure the rest of us need to cut back and stop wasting fuel.
I agree. It's a terrible thing for one American to say to another "You don't matter". Just because they are wary of a tremendous social change. Someday maybe someone will marginalize them too. Then they will scream and vomit.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198163 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
go file the paperwork, go file the suits, pay the fees, pay the attornies.
it'll be interesting to watch.
Where is the rule that if you mention polygamy in a discussion of marriage, you have to be actively supporting it?

Polygamy is a perfectly relevant topic in any discussion of marriage. Your fear of it's mere mention speaks volumes.

Some posters here simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198164 Jun 26, 2013
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong playpen; baby
This is the TOPIX Gay/Lesbian chat room
To chit-chat with fellow polygamists in the TOPIX Polygamist chat rooms click here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...
and here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/latter-da...
You may be posting in the pee or poop forum or some such. I am posting in the Union City, CA forum. This is NOT the gay lesbian chat room power ranger. It is a discussion forum, open to everyone. You know EQUAL RIGHTS.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198165 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, rest assured, i am happy. my partner & i are beginning the planning of a wedding.
if you want polygamous marriages, go ahead, take that swing. hire the attornies, file the suits, pay the money. it'll be interesting to watch unfold.
I have been invited to my neighbors' wedding. Two great guys. I am shopping for a present and look forward to a fun wedding.

I don't want to enter a poly relationship. I don't want to "go ahead, take that swing. hire the attornies, file the suits, pay the money." I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts at censorship.
Marriage Equality for ALL

Saint Paul, MN

#198166 Jun 26, 2013
Hang in there Frankie. Someday the masses will come to recognize your innate orientation and enact anti-discrimination laws to protect you and your family. I'm flabbergasted as to why these so-called "progressives," fail to recognize that their cause and your cause are one of the same, ideologically and ethically speaking.

Here's an article that may provide you some consolation:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198167 Jun 26, 2013
MikeNSF wrote:
As I was saying....( a few years ago ), The bigots are on the wrong side of history, on this issue, and today's Supreme Court decision proved me right. All the haters managed to do was delay the inevitable but they couldn't stop it. Victory is sweet....
Welcome California as the 13 state to legalize gay marriage. And with the striking down of DOMA, gays now have legal standing to successfully challenge EVERY state ban on same sex marriage.
I'll be marching in this year's San Francisco's Gay Pride Parade with a new sense of FREEDOM and PRIDE!
I'm very happy for you in CA! It has been a long time coming.

I lived in San Francisco when Gavin Newsom threw open the doors to City Hall and began marrying same-sex couples.

Every time I had the chance to do so, I would drive by and MARVEL at the massive numbers of people who came from around the state to participate.

Back in those days I was a bit of a jewelry hound. I had dozens of men's rings.

I decided to take them down to City Hall and distribute them to those couples who didn't have rings to use for their ceremony. It was the least that I could do.

Now that national marriage equality seems only a stone's throw away, I think it might be time to work on finding a good guy to have in my own life.

There are plenty out there.

Maybe I'll find my way back out to CA. Maybe I'll go up north. Or maybe I'll stay put here in the south, oppressive though it is.

It feels so good to be on the other side of this decision. I know many of us were so afraid of what the courts would do. We knew what the RIGHT thing would be for them to do, but they don't always do the RIGHT thing.

Many people on this thread are trying to spin it as a loss for the LGBT community. I say, "Let them gnash their teeth, beat their breast, stomp their feet, and cry into their beer."

But anyone who is conscious KNOWS what these decisions mean for the LGBT community.

The days of kicking us aside are quickly coming to an end.

America is only doing what many other nations have already done. And it's high time.

Again, congratulations to CA and all of the other states that this ruling has and will impact!!!

(whew!)
Marriage Equality for ALL

Saint Paul, MN

#198168 Jun 26, 2013
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.

Truth 1

Norwalk, CA

#198169 Jun 26, 2013
Now they can be misrable like straight people who pretend to love each other. Please someone make me laugh my husband is being a bitch today

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198170 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Does anyone know where the channel button is for this squawker?
It's not where you like it.
Truth 1

Norwalk, CA

#198171 Jun 26, 2013
Hi frank everyone is black momma

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198172 Jun 26, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
go file the paperwork, go file the suits, pay the fees, pay the attornies.
it'll be interesting to watch.
is that what you did for ssm?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198173 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never expressed my thoughts or opinions of polygamists or polygamy at any time. Not once. Why do you ASSume you are privy to some emotional status I have concerning either?
No need to answer, the question was rhetorical. Your need to be a jack*ss is already fully documented through your posts.
Oh, is Frankie now ONLY supporting polygamy?

Not sure if you are aware, but he spent quite a bit of time also trying to gather support for incestuous marriages.

His goals have always been as transparent as glass. He wanted to frighten others about the "slippery slope" of legalizing same-sex marriage. So he has pretended to support same-sex marriage as long as polygamy and incestuous marriage is supported as well.

He did this (and continues to do so) despite the fact that people no longer find him credible.

He's been able to get a few others to play along with him.

But they're all so obviously against same-sex marriage.

If anyone is interested, I'll buy the hats and the cake for their little pity party, which I'm sure they're planning right now.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198174 Jun 26, 2013
Marriage Equality for ALL wrote:
Hang in there Frankie. Someday the masses will come to recognize your innate orientation and enact anti-discrimination laws to protect you and your family. I'm flabbergasted as to why these so-called "progressives," fail to recognize that their cause and your cause are one of the same, ideologically and ethically speaking.
Here's an article that may provide you some consolation:
There are three TV shows now casting polygamy in a favorable or at least not so bigoted light. This alone is evidence of polygamy coming out of the shadows, thanks in large part to our gay citizens' fight for same sex marriage.

Their struggle is helping to normalize polygamy too. But it it seems to them it's an unpleasant byproduct and obviously not altruism!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#198175 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just marriage hon.
No it isn't. Polygamy is not marriage hon, it's marriages. There's a difference. But don't let facts get in the way of your bleating.

Polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy.

Rizzo wanna cracker?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198176 Jun 26, 2013
Marriage Equality for ALL wrote:
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
Yes. If polygamy were allowed, it would still be so uncommon these bigots would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198177 Jun 26, 2013
Truth 1 wrote:
Now they can be misrable like straight people who pretend to love each other. Please someone make me laugh my husband is being a bitch today
Divorce lawyers are definitely licking their chops today!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198178 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Polygamy is not marriage hon, it's marriages. There's a difference. But don't let facts get in the way of your bleating.
Polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy,polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy, polygamy.
Rizzo wanna cracker?
Relax spice boy. Don't stroke out. Polygamy is still illegal.

P.S. You are making a fool out of yourself. Have some dignity.

Or not! It's fun when you act like an angry moron.
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198179 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be posting in the pee or poop forum or some such. I am posting in the Union City, CA forum. This is NOT the gay lesbian chat room power ranger. It is a discussion forum, open to everyone. You know EQUAL RIGHTS.
Then you voice will never be heard
Your audience is imaginary
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198180 Jun 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rizzo wanna cracker?
Weren't you just saying I am incapable of angering you?

Don't bother lying and saying you are not angry after this little display, fool.

“YOU KIDS GET OFF OF MY LAWN !”

Since: May 09

San Francisco

#198181 Jun 26, 2013
RiccardoFire....

You're a bit clueless but we'll see what happens, as I am neither for nor against plural marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stores with bad customer service {list your wor... Dec 18 Tracy 3
mexican landscapers dump in the desert Dec 11 Jean 22
Re-Thinking Southern California Earthquake Scen... Dec 8 Rick 1
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... Dec 7 Ronald 6
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Dec 6 Bobbo Yogi 154
Review: Inter-City Plumbing (Jun '09) Dec 3 Jean 11
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Dec 1 kent 48
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web