Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,241 - 172,260 of 200,552 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Single shot

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Remember when I packed the "pig grease" BULLTS TO GO HUNDING FOR DEVILS.

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Single shot wrote:
No my frend...I dont remembering that, sorry....I only remembering when I gave you free English lesson on topix.com ...next one not going be free my frend HAHAHAHA.
Monohabs

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Mohamamd wants another tin of pig fat so he can cook with it or is that to eat it all.

Aren't you going back to the promised and of Sand and Camels?
Peter

San Pablo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Obama Boo Boo is ready to becumm gay. Get ready for one of his butt busters.
Mary Hadalamb

San Pablo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

So help me Obama Boo Boo I need your love. Give me some of that butt busting.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do "normal" straight people spend hours every day posting anti-gay rhetoric on a gay-themed forum thread?
Homosexuality is part of nature. It has always existed and always will. You don't have to like it. You don't have to understand it. But we're not going anywhere. Try to get over whatever is troubling you so much. Life is too short to spend in the condition you're in. Peace!
Why does someone challenging your position on dumbing down marriage to impose an impostor relationship bother you so much?

If it is right and reasonable, you could simply and clearly show it as so, instead of throwing out a 'hate' gay troll attack.

I'd be happy to engage you in a rational debate, but your opening points above are not going to make it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56063485-2... .
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
That is the topic. Show me where it says anything about polygamy.
You can not miss it, look at the top of the page.
Supreme Court did not rule Tuesday on Proposition 8, the 2008 California initiative that banned same-sex marriage in the state, but signaled that the decision will come Wednesday.
The justices also did not issue their decision on the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which bars gay and lesbian married couples from receiving the same federal benefits as opposite-sex spouses. They indicated, however, that the decision in that case also will come Wednesday, saying all remaining opinions from the court's annual term would be issued then.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Rulings...
Proposition 8 was a ballot initiative, and a California state constitutional amendment, passed in the November 2008 elections, which says that "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." The proposition overturned the California Supreme Court's ruling — from the same year — that same-sex couples "have a constitutional right to marry." However, Prop 8 didn't affect the state's domestic partnerships or same sex marriages performed before November 5, 2008. Nonetheless, the passage of Prop 8 — the same day the first African American president was elected — unleashed protests, demonstrations and numerous lawsuits challenging the proposition's validity. United States District Court Judge Vaughn Walker, who is openly gay, overturned Proposition 8 on August 4, 2010 in the case Perry v. Schwarzenegger, ruling that it violated both the Due Process and Equal Protection clauses of the United States Constitution. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals continued the stay, keeping Walker's ruling "on hold pending appeal." On February 7, 2012, in a 2–1 decision, a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel affirmed Walker's decision declaring the Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage to be unconstitutional.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/31061/what-...
Washington • If gay marriage is legal, what about polygamy?

It’s a long-debated political question, one that surfaced in Tuesday’s Supreme Court hearing on California’s gay marriage ban, known as Proposition 8.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor brought it up while questioning former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, a Republican who argued that gay marriage is an individual right and should be protected by the Constitution.

"If you say that marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist?" Sotomayor asked before referencing polygamy and incest among adults

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again... You ASS-ume so much.
You say that "normally" that epi-marker is erased. Prove it! Show me one scientist who has said that the "epi-marker theory" has been proven.
Show me one scientist who will agree that IF the "epi-marker theory" is proven that it represents a mistake.
And what would you know about "normal gays". What the hell is a "normal gay"? Do you speak from experience? Do you hate that overwhelming attraction that gnaws at you when you see a hot, beefcake of a man? Is that why you believe that "normal gays" would want a cure--because you've been running from it for so long?
Tell us more about what "normal gays" would want. I'm sure as an (allegedly) straight man you would have great insight as to what a gay man would decide.
The more I see of your comments, the more I am convinced that you are a drunk, self-loathing, closeted gay (or bisexual) man who has a death grip hold that he may someday be "cured".
No sober, honest-to-God straight man would be so delusional or concerned.
The more you type, the more transparent you become.
You've been "Watchmann". You're currently "Kimare". I think your next name here should be "Translucence"
Most of the gays I know are embarrASSed by gay 'pride' parades.

That's what I mean by normal gays Queen.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>\
No, you have failed. I have no problem with polygamy. It's not my thing but does not harm me in any way so I couldn't care less. What was the argument? I have never corresponded with you so don't know what you are referring to, dude.
Sha Na Na ?

Where is the line drawn? If any consenting adult relationship can b designated "marriage" by the state, what is the point of even recognizing it at all?
Dorn

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do "normal" straight people spend hours every day posting anti-gay rhetoric on a gay-themed forum thread?
Homosexuality is part of nature. It has always existed and always will. You don't have to like it. You don't have to understand it. But we're not going anywhere. Try to get over whatever is troubling you so much. Life is too short to spend in the condition you're in. Peace!
----------
Homosexuality could probably be bred out of the human population if:
gay men do not marry straight women and have daughters.
and if: any woman who has gay men in their ancestral line for many generations do not have children.
But that would be a shame in a way because so many gay men and gay women are wonderful human beings.
John Offmore

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Please Obama Boo Boo, give me a loving butt buster.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
...said one knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Neanderthal bigot to the other. The rest of us will all take that for what it's worth.
Never mind the yawn inducing post. Look at that incredibly juvenile name, would you?!

Lady, this thread ain't for first graders.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the gays I know are embarrASSed by gay 'pride' parades.
That's what I mean by normal gays Queen.
So you say that "most" of the gays that you know are embarrassed by gay pride parades.

That's a pretty scientific conclusion.(sarcasm)

You spend way too much time on the issue of homosexuality. You've given it great thought.

I'm willing to bet that most "normal" straight men don't care about what causes homosexuality and whether or not it's curable.

What makes you different from "most" normal straight men?

You've had a hard-on for gays (mostly male gays) for years.

That's what makes you and your comments so suspect.
Parrot Watch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say that "most" of the gays that you know are embarrassed by gay pride parades.
That's a pretty scientific conclusion.(sarcasm)
You spend way too much time on the issue of homosexuality. You've given it great thought.
I'm willing to bet that most "normal" straight men don't care about what causes homosexuality and whether or not it's curable.
What makes you different from "most" normal straight men?
You've had a hard-on for gays (mostly male gays) for years.
That's what makes you and your comments so suspect.
Ya know, Brucie, that childish robotic GLAAD sing-song about "coming out of the closet" makes me think that you're a raging metrosexual, that the loser in you is just dying to come out and go mix it up with a dollar hooker somewhere.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

God I can't WAIT ANY LONGER!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>\
No, you have failed. I have no problem with polygamy. It's not my thing but does not harm me in any way so I couldn't care less. What was the argument? I have never corresponded with you so don't know what you are referring to, dude.
My argument is that polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage, dummy. As I said in the post you responded to. Duh.

You have failed.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

DOMA is GONE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
First, no need to call me derogatory names. It just points out your insecurities and your need to put others down in order to feel better about yourself. Typical bully behavior, like on the playground in 4th grade. Time to grow up. And yes, a thread about gay marriage is a gay themed thread. Stop nit picking. And yes, anyone can post. But keep it civil and stop calling people names. If that's all you have to add, you have added nothing. Find something better to do with your time. Hope you feel better about yourself soon Peace!
"First, no need to call me derogatory names." -Oh sorry icehole.

"And yes, a thread about gay marriage is a gay themed thread. Stop nit picking." -And yes, a thread about gay marriage is open to straight people. Stop nitpicking.

"But keep it civil and stop calling people names." OK fruitcake!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Spleezle Spalzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh YES they do flunky! 95% of your posts contain some type of prickish off topic comments and usually nothing to do with the post you're replying to but simply some kind of personal insult that does in fact violate the TOPIX Terms of service! You are lying and whining all the time about some other poster having your posts 86'ed but that in fact is just one more BIG lie from you! Your posts are deleted by the righteous moderator and deservedly so! YOU are not the only one who has had your posts removed or lost a registered profile all together because of your complete nastiness! Many of us have also Flunky! You remain a deluded,hypocritical,whining dufus who blames everything and every one except where the blame truly belongs,with YOU! By simply posting you are agreeing too and giving your consent to abide by the T.O.S.! And the biggest lie of all is you saying you support marriage equality,facts are the only thing you support is every nasty bigot on these threads and others! Glad I could be of help and set you straight Flunky! It is YOU in fact who has failed,bigot! Yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk! ;)
Relax Billy, don't have a stroke. Go polish your phony bronze star for the 4th of July parade.

P.S. What are the latest percentages?

YUK!YUK!YUK! Old SniffButts Billy! Great big fake war hero. Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Single shot wrote:
YUK!YUK!YUK! Good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Dragonflyer 15,928
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) 18 hr Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... Mon Commander Bunny 8
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Sun Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247
•••
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE