Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201854 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198058 Jun 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, brother. I think folks with a polyamorous orientation should be granted the same legal right to marry as hetro/homosexuals. Thinking otherwise is just plain bigotry! Here’s why:
1. Polyamorous Orientation: According to the theory of Genetic Imperative, many men are biologically hardwired or oriented to feel attraction toward multiple women, yet social values and socialization pressures require men to repress expression of these innate impulses (this is true across all socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural groups). Since a predominant number of men have inborn sexual tendencies that are incompatible with a monogamous lifestyle, by no fault of their own, marriage ought to be progressively redefined as a socially approved relationship between an undefined number of consenting spouses.
2. Separation of Church and State: Many state marriage laws codify and uphold religious principles that unjustly and unconstitutionally force polysexuals to conform to non-secular tradition.
3. Consequential Neutrality: Permitting men to marry at least two wives (polygyny) or women to marry multiple husbands (polyandry) will not in any way infringe on monogamists’ right to marry only one spouse. Therefore, polygamy should be permitted because of its neutral consequence to other valid forms of marriage.
4. Consequentialism: Studies have shown that parental household income and parental involvement correlates positively with many lifelong success indicators. Since multiple-parent households have greater income potential and more parental time than monogamist parents, children raised by stable polygamist parents stand to be more educated, healthy, well-adjusted and productive as adults than their monogamist-raised counterparts. Considering the significant long-term social benefits of polygamous relationships, governments should not discriminatorily deny their citizens’ right to this equally valid lifestyle.
Bravo!

There's also a substantial First Amendment claim for religious polygamists to engage in multiple marriages according to the dictates of their faith. That is the one that bothers many people of tolerance and diversity.
Militant Libertarian

Saint Paul, MN

#198059 Jun 26, 2013
I have a dream that someday men and women will be allowed to walk naked in public, and our children will get to witness women flaunting their unclothed bodies, men kissing multiple wives, women kissing multiple husbands, and men kissing multiple husbands, and celebrating their unbridled freedom and identity in public processions where display of physical affection and nudity engender exalting pride. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know today, that we, as a people, will get to the libertarian land!

Goodman, David. See Topless Woman? Just Move On, Police Are Told. The New York Times.15 May.2013.Web. 13 June. 2013 < http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/16/nyregion/a-... ;

Rosenblum, Emma. Scott Wiener on San Francisco's Ban on Public Nudity. Bloomberg Businessweek, 29 Nov. 2012. Web. 13 June. 2013.‹http://www.businessweek. com/articles/2012-11-29/scott- wiener-on-san-franciscos-ban-o n-public-nudity>
laughing man

UK

#198061 Jun 26, 2013
Richard Simmons wrote:
Who wants to have some buttox sex with me to celebrate?
Is that the voice of Forrest Rump?
Tusks

Monrovia, CA

#198062 Jun 26, 2013
Gene Murabito acted once again like a complete PIG, but who really care he just has a pig personality anyway.

ED gave it right back to a evil person on the Glendora, California city council.

Once again the entire Glendora city council, Judy Nelson, Gene Murabito, Joseph Santoro, Karen Davis and Douglas Tessitor are complete idiots.

Tuesday June 25, 2013 city council meeting was the last straw in their insanity act they put on for the public at large who can stomach watching them act stupid all night long.

The act includes double talk, stupid talk, ignorant talk and just plain crazy talk form each of the Glendora, California city council member's.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198063 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
Cali law on ploygamy.
281.(a) Every person having a husband or wife living, who marries
any other person, except in the cases specified in Section 282, is
guilty of bigamy.
(b) Upon a trial for bigamy, it is not necessary to prove either
of the marriages by the register, certificate, or other record
evidence thereof, but the marriages may be proved by evidence which
is admissible to prove a marriage in other cases; and when the second
marriage took place out of this state, proof of that fact,
accompanied with proof of cohabitation thereafter in this state, is
sufficient to sustain the charge.
282. Section 281 does not extend to any of the following:
(a) To any person by reason of any former marriage whose husband
or wife by such marriage has been absent for five successive years
without being known to such person within that time to be living.
(b) To any person by reason of any former marriage which has been
pronounced void, annulled, or dissolved by the judgment of a
competent court.
283. Bigamy is punishable by a fine not exceeding ten thousand
dollars ($10,000) or by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding
one year or in the state prison.
It does not apply to same sex marriage.
Do you have that framed and hung on your wall Jizzy? So you can look at it while you pleasure yourself?

Do you think that is right hypocrite? Tell us why it's good for polygamy to mot be allowed but it's bad for SSM to not be allowed. I'd love to hear it hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198064 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect, in your state, there is but one. Have keep deflecting. Say did you read the SCOTUS ruling? Funny, not one word about polygamy or incest. Dang I guess you where just wrong again.
Did you read prop 8? Did prop 8 get struck down today? Did "marriage is a man and a woman" get struck down? Think hard. Ask for help. Sound things out. Prop 8 prohibited poly as sure as it prohibited SSM. Glad it bothers you so much hypocrite. There is now one less law against polygamy in California. Spin that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198065 Jun 26, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>aaaaaaaawh what a shame... lgbt rights wins both cases in supreme court
That's good right? Right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198066 Jun 26, 2013
It's a day for SSM advocates here to celebrate marriage equality!

So what do they do? Try and justify denying marriage equality for people they don't like.

Try to insist prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too.

What a bunch of losers.
carrie

Los Angeles, CA

#198074 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
It's a day for SSM advocates here to celebrate marriage equality!
So what do they do? Try and justify denying marriage equality for people they don't like.
Try to insist prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too.
What a bunch of losers.
quiet down, loser boy. be content fellating your partner in some dusty corner of your apt and leave the commentary on this thread to the smart people.
just wondering

UK

#198075 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text> If that takes place, the flood gates will open and the US will die a slow and painful death.
You mean, like when the Common Man and vote-trolling politicians took the perverts to their bosom?
just wondering

UK

#198076 Jun 26, 2013
hey fundies..... u lost...lol
Which Fundies are you talking about, sweetheart? The ones who read from the GLAAD script?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198077 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>One more time for the slow people.
The First Amendment allows you to worship the god/gods of your choosing. It also allows me to worship none if I choose. You may follow all, part or your religious principles with out any harrassment from the government. We as a nation are SECULAR. That being said, our laws both state and federal trump that of religious doctrine. We do not pass laws that favor religion, any religion. If the people who want polygamy are basing it on religious principles, the laws will remain in place.
On a personal note, I don't care one way or a nother if people wish to have multiple wives or husbands. But the laws can not be changed for religious doctrine. If that takes place, the flood gates will open and the US will die a slow and painful death.
One more time for slow Jizzy-

There's a substantial First Amendment claim for religious polygamists to engage in multiple marriages according to the dictates of their faith.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#198078 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does someone challenging your position on dumbing down marriage to impose an impostor relationship bother you so much?
Why does someone feel the need to call our relationships "dumbed down"?

SCOTUS has just ruled on DOMA. Go change your Depends.
laughing man

UK

#198079 Jun 26, 2013
maybe you fundies should focus on stuff like poverty and the homeless... maybe you could win then
I'm gonna focus on Tolerance and Diversity and all kinds of hypocritical liberal feces.

5 to 4 isn't anything to brag about, Sphincter Bob.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198080 Jun 26, 2013
carrie wrote:
<quoted text>
quiet down, loser boy. be content fellating your partner in some dusty corner of your apt and leave the commentary on this thread to the smart people.
Smart people like you?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198081 Jun 26, 2013
maybe you fundies should focus on stuff like poverty and the homeless... maybe you could win then
Maybe you could stop with your religious agenda. Maybe you could take it to the fundie threads.
The Fabulous Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#198082 Jun 26, 2013
HERE IT IS! June 26, 2013 12:09pm
Governor Brown is ordering all county clerks to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Here's a quote from the Governor:“After years of struggle, the U.S. Supreme Court today has made same-sex marriage a reality in California. In light of the decision, I have directed the California Department of Public Health to advise the state’s counties that they must begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in California as soon as the Ninth Circuit confirms the stay is lifted.”
http://www.ksbw.com/news/politics/live-covera...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198084 Jun 26, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>His other NIC, is He Is Comming Soon. The links he provides bash Catholics. He is a hard core fundie Evangelist.
And therefore worthy of your hate?
hollow victory

UK

#198086 Jun 26, 2013
Justice Scalia:

"But that the majority will not do. Some will rejoice in today's decision, and some will despair at it; that is the nature of a controversy that matters so much to so many. But the Court has cheated both sides, robbing the winners of an honest victory, and the losers of the peace that comes from a fair defeat. We owed both of them better. I dissent."

As was said earlier, the "victories" the homosexuals have had are hollow. If I "won" because of support by the Lowest Common Denominator and a pinko Media, of a Supreme Court that has always followed the wind, and because of Thought Crimes legislation by crooked politicians, then I'd feel duped and want to go back into that closet.
laughing man

UK

#198088 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>know you know the talibangelical ones
I don't know of them, but I know of the HomoFascists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 26 Maria Anderson 157
Desert Hot Springs Police Dept. Great Public Se... Jul 17 Dorris 7
News Man petitions road name change to mend racial t... Jul 11 inewsmaster 1
Review: jumpers zone party rentals Jul 9 Yaneth 1
News SC Labs wins contract to test pot for Palm Springs Jul 9 LOLbumps 1
Plus Size clothes - Draper's & Damon's Jun '15 Tracy 2
Complaint CATHEDRAL CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT (Jan '08) Jun '15 Mr Jon Doe 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palm Springs Mortgages