Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197942 Jun 25, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do "normal" straight people spend hours every day posting anti-gay rhetoric on a gay-themed forum thread?
Homosexuality is part of nature. It has always existed and always will. You don't have to like it. You don't have to understand it. But we're not going anywhere. Try to get over whatever is troubling you so much. Life is too short to spend in the condition you're in. Peace!
Here we go again. This is not a gay thread. It is a thread to discuss the judge's decision on prop 8.

Everyone has the right to post here. You know, this is the USA and all. We're all equal. Get it? Got it? Good!
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#197943 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald.
Yes. This is true. Our taxpayer supported progressive friends heavily rig the judge-its in their zeal to promote "marriage equality".
Also many of my posts are deleted by our more sensitive tax payer supported progressive friends for "violations of TOS" (winning an argument).
Regards to Bowser!
Frankie Rizzo.
If you need to resort to violating TOS in order to think you "won" an argument, you have in fact failed.
xolo

Long Beach, CA

#197944 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again. This is not a gay thread. It is a thread to discuss the judge's decision on prop 8.
Everyone has the right to post here. You know, this is the USA and all. We're all equal. Get it? Got it? Good!
Gay-THEMED thread. Got it? Good!
xolo

Long Beach, CA

#197945 Jun 25, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie doesn't get it. That's why he's here. He's lonely in that tiny closet.
xolo

Long Beach, CA

#197946 Jun 25, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie doesn't get it. That's why he's here. He's lonely in that tiny closet.
Here we go again with the hijacking of my nic. Grow up. You can do better. Peace!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197947 Jun 25, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need to resort to violating TOS in order to think you "won" an argument, you have in fact failed.
But my posts that get deleted don't violate TOS.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. You won't rebut my argument, you will just insult me and call me a bigot. When in fact you are the bigot.

You have in fact failed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197948 Jun 25, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a gay THEMED thread. Even if it were, you cannot exclude straight people. It's open to everyone and should be. And imagine how boring if only gays were allowed!

Poster 1: Oh! Isn't it wonderful that SSM is gaining support?

Poster 2: Yes! That is wonderful. Tomorrow the SCOTUS takes up SSM!

Poster 1: Oh Yes! Isn't that wonderful?

Poster 2: Yes! That is so wonderful.

Poster 3 There are three ways they could go.

Poster 2 Yes. There are three ways they could go.

Poster 1: Isn't it wonderful...

Be careful what you wish for fruitcake. Do you really only "correct" posters?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#197949 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. You won't rebut my argument, you will just insult me and call me a bigot. When in fact you are the bigot.
You have in fact failed.
\
No, you have failed. I have no problem with polygamy. It's not my thing but does not harm me in any way so I couldn't care less. What was the argument? I have never corresponded with you so don't know what you are referring to, dude.
xolo

Long Beach, CA

#197950 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a gay THEMED thread. Even if it were, you cannot exclude straight people. It's open to everyone and should be. And imagine how boring if only gays were allowed!
Poster 1: Oh! Isn't it wonderful that SSM is gaining support?
Poster 2: Yes! That is wonderful. Tomorrow the SCOTUS takes up SSM!
Poster 1: Oh Yes! Isn't that wonderful?
Poster 2: Yes! That is so wonderful.
Poster 3 There are three ways they could go.
Poster 2 Yes. There are three ways they could go.
Poster 1: Isn't it wonderful...
Be careful what you wish for fruitcake. Do you really only "correct" posters?
First, no need to call me derogatory names. It just points out your insecurities and your need to put others down in order to feel better about yourself. Typical bully behavior, like on the playground in 4th grade. Time to grow up. And yes, a thread about gay marriage is a gay themed thread. Stop nit picking. And yes, anyone can post. But keep it civil and stop calling people names. If that's all you have to add, you have added nothing. Find something better to do with your time. Hope you feel better about yourself soon Peace!
Spleezle Spalzal

Beacon, NY

#197951 Jun 25, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have in fact failed.
Oh YES they do flunky! 95% of your posts contain some type of prickish off topic comments and usually nothing to do with the post you're replying to but simply some kind of personal insult that does in fact violate the TOPIX Terms of service! You are lying and whining all the time about some other poster having your posts 86'ed but that in fact is just one more BIG lie from you! Your posts are deleted by the righteous moderator and deservedly so! YOU are not the only one who has had your posts removed or lost a registered profile all together because of your complete nastiness! Many of us have also Flunky! You remain a deluded,hypocritical,whining dufus who blames everything and every one except where the blame truly belongs,with YOU! By simply posting you are agreeing too and giving your consent to abide by the T.O.S.! And the biggest lie of all is you saying you support marriage equality,facts are the only thing you support is every nasty bigot on these threads and others! Glad I could be of help and set you straight Flunky! It is YOU in fact who has failed,bigot! Yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk! ;)
One round

Monrovia, CA

#197952 Jun 25, 2013
Should have just executed the shooter and made it, an eye for a eye. And be done with it.
Or smoked another joint before the cop went on duty. Just like these dots who post their nonsense.

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

#197953 Jun 26, 2013
One round wrote:
Should have just executed the shooter and made it, an eye for a eye. And be done with it.
Or smoked another joint before the cop went on duty. Just like these dots who post their nonsense.
Remember when I teech you how spell rode HAHAHAHA..Im going teech you yore own language ok, becuse you are need my help so Im yore English teecher now ok...I teech you how talk and write in yore own language HAHAHAHA
Single shot

Monrovia, CA

#197954 Jun 26, 2013
Remember when I packed the "pig grease" BULLTS TO GO HUNDING FOR DEVILS.

Since: Jun 13

Sacramento, CA

#197955 Jun 26, 2013
Single shot wrote:
Remember when I packed the "pig grease" BULLTS TO GO HUNDING FOR DEVILS.
No my frend...I dont remembering that, sorry....I only remembering when I gave you free English lesson on topix.com ...next one not going be free my frend HAHAHAHA.
Monohabs

Monrovia, CA

#197956 Jun 26, 2013
Mohamamd wants another tin of pig fat so he can cook with it or is that to eat it all.

Aren't you going back to the promised and of Sand and Camels?
Peter

San Pablo, CA

#197957 Jun 26, 2013
Obama Boo Boo is ready to becumm gay. Get ready for one of his butt busters.
Mary Hadalamb

San Pablo, CA

#197958 Jun 26, 2013
So help me Obama Boo Boo I need your love. Give me some of that butt busting.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197959 Jun 26, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do "normal" straight people spend hours every day posting anti-gay rhetoric on a gay-themed forum thread?
Homosexuality is part of nature. It has always existed and always will. You don't have to like it. You don't have to understand it. But we're not going anywhere. Try to get over whatever is troubling you so much. Life is too short to spend in the condition you're in. Peace!
Why does someone challenging your position on dumbing down marriage to impose an impostor relationship bother you so much?

If it is right and reasonable, you could simply and clearly show it as so, instead of throwing out a 'hate' gay troll attack.

I'd be happy to engage you in a rational debate, but your opening points above are not going to make it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197960 Jun 26, 2013
http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/56063485-2... .
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage
That is the topic. Show me where it says anything about polygamy.
You can not miss it, look at the top of the page.
Supreme Court did not rule Tuesday on Proposition 8, the 2008 California initiative that banned same-sex marriage in the state, but signaled that the decision will come Wednesday.
The justices also did not issue their decision on the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which bars gay and lesbian married couples from receiving the same federal benefits as opposite-sex spouses. They indicated, however, that the decision in that case also will come Wednesday, saying all remaining opinions from the court's annual term would be issued then.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Rulings...
Proposition 8 was a ballot initiative, and a California state constitutional amendment, passed in the November 2008 elections, which says that "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California." The proposition overturned the California Supreme Court's ruling — from the same year — that same-sex couples "have a constitutional right to marry." However, Prop 8 didn't affect the state's domestic partnerships or same sex marriages performed before November 5, 2008. Nonetheless, the passage of Prop 8 — the same day the first African American president was elected — unleashed protests, demonstrations and numerous lawsuits challenging the proposition's validity. United States District Court Judge Vaughn Walker, who is openly gay, overturned Proposition 8 on August 4, 2010 in the case Perry v. Schwarzenegger, ruling that it violated both the Due Process and Equal Protection clauses of the United States Constitution. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals continued the stay, keeping Walker's ruling "on hold pending appeal." On February 7, 2012, in a 2–1 decision, a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals panel affirmed Walker's decision declaring the Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage to be unconstitutional.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/31061/what-...
Washington • If gay marriage is legal, what about polygamy?

It’s a long-debated political question, one that surfaced in Tuesday’s Supreme Court hearing on California’s gay marriage ban, known as Proposition 8.

Justice Sonia Sotomayor brought it up while questioning former U.S. Solicitor General Ted Olson, a Republican who argued that gay marriage is an individual right and should be protected by the Constitution.

"If you say that marriage is a fundamental right, what state restrictions could ever exist?" Sotomayor asked before referencing polygamy and incest among adults

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197961 Jun 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again... You ASS-ume so much.
You say that "normally" that epi-marker is erased. Prove it! Show me one scientist who has said that the "epi-marker theory" has been proven.
Show me one scientist who will agree that IF the "epi-marker theory" is proven that it represents a mistake.
And what would you know about "normal gays". What the hell is a "normal gay"? Do you speak from experience? Do you hate that overwhelming attraction that gnaws at you when you see a hot, beefcake of a man? Is that why you believe that "normal gays" would want a cure--because you've been running from it for so long?
Tell us more about what "normal gays" would want. I'm sure as an (allegedly) straight man you would have great insight as to what a gay man would decide.
The more I see of your comments, the more I am convinced that you are a drunk, self-loathing, closeted gay (or bisexual) man who has a death grip hold that he may someday be "cured".
No sober, honest-to-God straight man would be so delusional or concerned.
The more you type, the more transparent you become.
You've been "Watchmann". You're currently "Kimare". I think your next name here should be "Translucence"
Most of the gays I know are embarrASSed by gay 'pride' parades.

That's what I mean by normal gays Queen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chart House demolition slated for Tuesday (Mar '13) Tue Michael2327 2
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... Oct 27 Octopus 73
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Oct 26 Jill 130
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Oct 25 nick 710
child molester at large in dhs Oct 22 tay 2
Review: Law Office Of Geoffrey M. Yaryan Oct 18 gmyaryan 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Oct 15 Ramya 151
Palm Springs Dating
Find my Match

Palm Springs People Search