Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,121 - 172,140 of 200,578 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanting someone cured means you want them dead?
Are you serious VV???
Tell me this VV, what would be lost if your homosexuality were cured?
What would be gained?
Homosexuality will be "cured" the same day gravity is "cured".

Are you under the impression that there are scientists looking to "cure" homosexuality? LOL!! Please KiMare, present some recent studies from the scientific community (NOTE: Religious organizations are NOT scientific organizations) that demonstrate this seeking of a "cure" for homosexuality!!! Are there efforts to "cure" left-handidness and musical ability too? Are these also seen as illnesses? What other unseen characteristics are also rampantly being pursued by the scientific community in search of a cure? LOL!! Please do educate the room Kimare, with your vast knowledge of current scientific research!!!!!

I'm guessing you will find these studies in the library right next to the section that demonstrates the state and federal "constraints" for marriage you keep pretending are real!!!

Please, hurry back with support for your ridiculous statements!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not.
Why are you posting as "Ronald"? He never posts like that, do your homework fool!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a gay man. I have been gay since I was a child--meaning that I have been attracted to people of my gender for as long as I can remember.
To want me to be "cured" means that you do not accept who I am. People like me offend you. And you believe the world would be a better place without people like me.
Various "scientists" around the world in the early 20th century believed they could improve various races by deceasing certain aspects they believed to be degenerate. They did this through forced abortions, forced pregnancies, segregation, compulsory sterilization, and genocide.
THIS is what you're talking about with regards to gay people. And THIS is what makes you a MONSTER in every sense of the world!
Your so-called Christian beliefs won't allow you to say outright that you want us killed. But you want us to disappear.
Asking me what would be lost if my homosexuality were to be cured is like asking a black person, "What would be lost if we changed your skin color to suit us?"
We are not disordered. Scientists have made that abundantly clear.
We do not need to be culled from the herd. We do not need to be cured. We do not need to be eliminated from the planet.
The only thing I appreciate about your post is your honesty. Everyone now knows where you stand.
Responses like this are when I wish there were a "nail on the head" icon.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what's funny is that you are so much of a moron think that is my real name. What's funny is that you are so much of a moron that you think Jonah is the actual name of the individual referenced in the bible, rather than a manufactured English translation. What's funny is that you think something so idiotic as the name, a name I chose to represent myself on Topix, would later cause me some type of irritation. Your desperation to pretend you have some sort of insight into other people's though process is hysterical. And to focus on something so benign further exemplifies your utter stupidity.
Honestly, don't you get tired of showing off what a moron you are Ricky?
No, what's funny is that you are so much of a moron that you think that I think that is your real name. The point is moron, that you use that name and yet spit hate at anyone that doesn't believe in your puddle of crud theory.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not.
Then stop acting like it and posting as Ronald, be a man, be yourself, scared bro?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone pass the village idiot of the week award from Brian_G to Pietro? Thanks. He's earned it.
Grazie Joanie....you're the best!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald.
How do we tell which Ronald is real?
Ronald.

It's easy. Just judge the content of my character.

Ronald
CoverUP

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

More bull is being posted on this SITE than ever before. Mostly from outside competing interests and or inside political ding-bats.

Take the two screw-ups from Glendora, California - Deborah Neal and Deborah Wilson two fouled up hand lickers doing the biding of their male master in City Hall.

These two don't have an original thought between them at all, a couple of supporter's on the Glendora city council, Judy Nelson, Joseph Santoro, Gene Murabito, Douglas Tessitor but the one that's lost in the dark and afraid of her own shadow is Karen Davis.

But like THEIR MASTER'S they have sold there SOUL to the DEVIL.

While the two Deborah's are operating under the protection of the GPD and city hall it still doesn't protect them from public opinion and GOD.

Like there master's who have NO trouble stepping on and over Children, Senior citizen's and alike.
Committing crimes against them is nothing new and all for a seat at the devils table.

Deborah Deal runs towards and walking away with the police chief is a sad story to see and tell.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Well , being " fat" is either a choice, or can be inherited. You can go on a diet, exercise and become thin. How do you stop being a homosexual. And I am not talking about a sexual act.
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics...
Genetics do decide what the shape of you body will be as well as determining your height and possible risks to your health. If there is a history of obesity in your family, you may have a higher potential for it, but it does not mean that you are doomed to a life of plumpness. The fact is, even though you may have inherited a higher concentration of fat cells from your family gene pool, it is the bad habits that you inherit from them that will contribute more to your weight than your genes.

Glad I could help, now stop blaming your genetics Lazy fat ass!
Trickle

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

June 2013

The Supreme Court says a key provision of the landmark Voting Rights Act cannot be enforced until Congress comes up with a new way of determining which states and localities require close federal monitoring of elections.

First on the list is Glendora, California.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if being fat is now a 'disease', how come being gay can't be???
It is. It's called AIDS
Tex

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Obama Boo Boo to gas all gays!
Trickle

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

June 2013

The Supreme Court says a key provision of the landmark Voting Rights Act cannot be enforced until Congress comes up with a new way of determining which states and localities require close federal monitoring of elections.

1.) on the list is Glendora, California.

2.) on the list is El Monte, Californ1a.

3.) on the list is Bell, California.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
Hummm, a few posts seem to be missing.
Don't be proud of censorship, Jizzy you moron! Censorship sucks and just proves that you are a loser.

Glad I bother you so much that you resort to dirty tricks. Brings out your true poor character for everyone to marvel at.

Whoop!~Whoop!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be proud of censorship, Jizzy you moron! Censorship sucks and just proves that you are a loser.
Glad I bother you so much that you resort to dirty tricks. Brings out your true poor character for everyone to marvel at.
Whoop!~Whoop!
Actually, it proves that your witless attacks on other users have not gone unnoticed by the moderator, and they further indicate that you have no valid on topic argument, which is why you descend into such infantile rants.

Your off topic, frequently profane, ad hominem attacks speak volumes to your character, or rather your lack thereof.

Congratulations, well played.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it proves that your witless attacks on other users have not gone unnoticed by the moderator, and they further indicate that you have no valid on topic argument, which is why you descend into such infantile rants.
Your off topic, frequently profane, ad hominem attacks speak volumes to your character, or rather your lack thereof.
Congratulations, well played.
An off topic ad hominem witless attack from lides, justifying censorship.
Priceless!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I did not dump your posts, Admin did that. Hey I don't even report you. Get a clue Frankie, you cant end your posts with jacka$$.
Liar. Why are my posts only censored when you're here Jizzy, you moron? You're too stupid to make it believable, stop trying.

What an imbecile!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Don't be proud of censorship, Jizzy you big dopey galoot! Censorship sucks and just proves that you are a loser.

Glad I bother you so much that you resort to progressive dirty tricks. Brings out your true poor character for everyone to marvel at.

Whoop!~Whoop! Jizzy. What a loser!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

As I was attempting to discuss yesterday but was loudly shouted down with witless ad hominem attacks, indicating posters with no argument, new Pew Research shows heavy media bias in favor of SSM.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

On same-sex marriage, and on any aspect of gay culture, the Times doesnít practice journalism, but rather publicity. But the Pew study indicates that this is a problem not only at the Times, but across the news media. The problem is that journalists donít see it as a problem, because they cannot imagine that anybody could be against same-sex marriage for any reason other than bigotry, and they donít believe they should be expected to be fair and balanced towards bigots.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Palm Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Manager Martin Magana hires Charles "Chuck... 5 hr Commander Bunny 11
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 16 hr facts faced 15,929
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
Taggers: (Feb '06) Aug 11 endamerikkkascurr... 247

Search the Palm Springs Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Palm Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Palm Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••